<>Kanye West & Jay-Z 'Watch The Throne'<> Ns in PARIS video on pg. 290

I really hope the physical deluxe version drops on Friday because I want to put that in my stereo at home and really hear all the intricacies of the production and really hear the lyrics. Digital is still just not as good as physical copy. 

I really hope the physical deluxe version drops on Friday because I want to put that in my stereo at home and really hear all the intricacies of the production and really hear the lyrics. Digital is still just not as good as physical copy. 

Originally Posted by cartune

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

listen to the original by Cassius, it's better imo
indifferent.gif

Pretentious, douchey comment. 

I grew up in the hip-hop generation, the original doesn't speak to me fam. 

And Jay-Z pulverized this. This is barbarity. If you say the original without his verses is better you just have no appreciation for rap. 
lulz what 

son putgave him a suggestion  and a "imo" and got called a douche 
roll.gif

good looks epidemik... its funny that the og is more "soulful" , this version is more "electro" if u will smh at " it doesnt speak to me " lmfao

Originally Posted by cartune

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

listen to the original by Cassius, it's better imo
indifferent.gif

Pretentious, douchey comment. 

I grew up in the hip-hop generation, the original doesn't speak to me fam. 

And Jay-Z pulverized this. This is barbarity. If you say the original without his verses is better you just have no appreciation for rap. 
lulz what 

son putgave him a suggestion  and a "imo" and got called a douche 
roll.gif

good looks epidemik... its funny that the og is more "soulful" , this version is more "electro" if u will smh at " it doesnt speak to me " lmfao

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

i didn't appreciate that dark fantasy album til months later...i'm guessing a lot of your opinions will change later
That album was cool, not much replay value like his older shhh though.
* plays College Dropout
I'm getting the same feeling on this album. I understand good music, and I like it...but I have absolutely no desire/need to play it again. 

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

i didn't appreciate that dark fantasy album til months later...i'm guessing a lot of your opinions will change later
That album was cool, not much replay value like his older shhh though.
* plays College Dropout
I'm getting the same feeling on this album. I understand good music, and I like it...but I have absolutely no desire/need to play it again. 

As a musician/beatmaker/active participant in hip-hop, I want to be SCARED when I hear something

The irony in this statement from 9th is that I think he IS scared. He's scared he's going to become obsolete. It's not a coincidence he cited the two soul inspired tracks on the album. He's a soul producer. The problem is he is and has been a mediocre one. And this album from Jay and Ye is a clear attempt to steer the game in a different direction. If they are successful there will be some casualties. 9th will likely be one of them.

As a musician/beatmaker/active participant in hip-hop, I want to be SCARED when I hear something

The irony in this statement from 9th is that I think he IS scared. He's scared he's going to become obsolete. It's not a coincidence he cited the two soul inspired tracks on the album. He's a soul producer. The problem is he is and has been a mediocre one. And this album from Jay and Ye is a clear attempt to steer the game in a different direction. If they are successful there will be some casualties. 9th will likely be one of them.

"Gotta Have It"...

...has been on repeat for the last hour!
eek.gif
sick.gif
smokin.gif
pimp.gif
30t6p3b.gif

59784586039043101818.gif

Jesus, I can't get past track #4!

Spoiler [+]
neptunes-1.jpg

122ghfc.jpg

"Gotta Have It"...

...has been on repeat for the last hour!
eek.gif
sick.gif
smokin.gif
pimp.gif
30t6p3b.gif

59784586039043101818.gif

Jesus, I can't get past track #4!

Spoiler [+]
neptunes-1.jpg

122ghfc.jpg

No Church in the Wild
Lift Off
Ni__ in Paris
Gotta Have It
Welcome to the Jungle
Who Gon Stop Me

All flames

No Church in the Wild
Lift Off
Ni__ in Paris
Gotta Have It
Welcome to the Jungle
Who Gon Stop Me

All flames

Originally Posted by Sneaky

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

Someone explain to me why I can't hear lyrics outta my headphones? Only the instrumental.

Get some new headphones
I have Beats.

Does the same thing with all the headphones i try. Complete $@@% quality coming through my headphones but awesome quality going through my computer speakers.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Enough said.

Get you some new headphones, 

Ask any audiophile, they'll tell you, MONSTER and quality sound don't go together.

laugh.gif
 @ mentioning quality and computer speakers in the same sentence. Son, please.

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

Someone explain to me why I can't hear lyrics outta my headphones? Only the instrumental.

Get some new headphones
I have Beats.

Does the same thing with all the headphones i try. Complete $@@% quality coming through my headphones but awesome quality going through my computer speakers.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Enough said.

Get you some new headphones, 

Ask any audiophile, they'll tell you, MONSTER and quality sound don't go together.

laugh.gif
 @ mentioning quality and computer speakers in the same sentence. Son, please.

Lol this thread is a classic example of the niketalk hype machine in full effect.

I knew as soon as people called it a classic and react in a certain way there would be those who will hate and change the mood.

Someone always has to go against the grain.

I remember when College Dropout, Late Registration, American Gangster, and The Blueprint dropped there were people hating on it.

I digress...anyway..

In my opinion, of the first listen, the album is incredible, feels like an epic music score. Too early to call it a classic.

Lol this thread is a classic example of the niketalk hype machine in full effect.

I knew as soon as people called it a classic and react in a certain way there would be those who will hate and change the mood.

Someone always has to go against the grain.

I remember when College Dropout, Late Registration, American Gangster, and The Blueprint dropped there were people hating on it.

I digress...anyway..

In my opinion, of the first listen, the album is incredible, feels like an epic music score. Too early to call it a classic.

Back
Top Bottom