<>Kanye West & Jay-Z 'Watch The Throne'<> Ns in PARIS video on pg. 290

Idont see how "hype" can ruin music...that you are listening too....like what effect does that have on the music
laugh.gif

"Oh i dont like this album....all the hype"

would you like it more if no one liked it??

Idont see how "hype" can ruin music...that you are listening too....like what effect does that have on the music
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 0renthalJames

Originally Posted by Rafool

I know there's a handful of review videos out there already, I just like the way this person has reviewed previous albums from several artists.

He just posted it, haven't even watched it myself so we'll see if I agree with him.
laugh.gif
QFE

dunno if I agree with the score.

-The Juice

Cosign on this review. Joint was SUPER on point, though I'd definitely rate WTT higher than a 5 out of 10. I'd say a 7 or 8 out of 10.

I know there's a handful of review videos out there already, I just like the way this person has reviewed previous albums from several artists.

He just posted it, haven't even watched it myself so we'll see if I agree with him.
laugh.gif
QFE

-The Juice

Cosign on this review. Joint was SUPER on point, though I'd definitely rate WTT higher than a 5 out of 10. I'd say a 7 or 8 out of 10.

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

Didn't expect a crazy lyrical album, but I did expect more of a middle ground. Like Youtube review said, it was more Jay and Ye's celebrity personality rapping instead of just them spittin. Last solo efforts from both, shared the same sentiment. There are ways to brag-rap and be somewhat lyrical with some substance. How is it that Jay can put out The Black Album, and Ye can put out Late Registration, yet when they join together they made a Teflon Don meets Adventures of Bobby Ray hybrid album?

But w/e it's Jay and Ye....and they can do no wrong on anything they put out, and everything is a classic so
pimp.gif

btw I do enjoy the album...just pointing out that, the hype is suffocating.

-The Juice

indifferent.gif
,you're joking right?
And of course this album isn't perfect but it's one of the best rap albums this year. 

The same way some people already made up their mind that they were gonna love the album before it even came out,other people made up their mind that they weren't gonna like it. 
30t6p3b.gif
 at both
It's in the same light as not being able to objectively give an opinion that is slightly not in favor with the majority. It's one of the best rap albums this year, what does that mean? Is that hard to do in this day and age? You put 2 legends on a compact disc....it better be one of the best rap albums this year.

I enjoy the album. Does the hype not make me like it? No (comprehend). But the way people are carrying on is a bit much don't you think? A classic within the first hour and 30 min of it's release.

-The Juice

Didn't expect a crazy lyrical album, but I did expect more of a middle ground. Like Youtube review said, it was more Jay and Ye's celebrity personality rapping instead of just them spittin. Last solo efforts from both, shared the same sentiment. There are ways to brag-rap and be somewhat lyrical with some substance. How is it that Jay can put out The Black Album, and Ye can put out Late Registration, yet when they join together they made a Teflon Don meets Adventures of Bobby Ray hybrid album?

But w/e it's Jay and Ye....and they can do no wrong on anything they put out, and everything is a classic so
pimp.gif

-The Juice

indifferent.gif
,you're joking right?
And of course this album isn't perfect but it's one of the best rap albums this year. 

The same way some people already made up their mind that they were gonna love the album before it even came out,other people made up their mind that they weren't gonna like it. 
30t6p3b.gif
 at both
It's in the same light as not being able to objectively give an opinion that is slightly not in favor with the majority. It's one of the best rap albums this year, what does that mean? Is that hard to do in this day and age? You put 2 legends on a compact disc....it better be one of the best rap albums this year.

I enjoy the album. Does the hype not make me like it? No (comprehend). But the way people are carrying on is a bit much don't you think? A classic within the first hour and 30 min of it's release.

-The Juice

Originally Posted by LeClutchJames

laugh.gif

Seriously,it's like when dudes say "oh the hype ruined the XI's for me". Like how is that supposed to affect how you feel about something?? That's like hipster mentality,"oh I don't like it because everyone else does". 
And @0renthalJames,the people calling it classic are the ones who made up their minds before it came out. I love the album but you need a certain amount of time before calling it a "classic. Can't just say that it is 1 day after it dropped. 

Originally Posted by LeClutchJames

laugh.gif

Seriously,it's like when dudes say "oh the hype ruined the XI's for me". Like how is that supposed to affect how you feel about something?? That's like hipster mentality,"oh I don't like it because everyone else does". 
And @0renthalJames,the people calling it classic are the ones who made up their minds before it came out. I love the album but you need a certain amount of time before calling it a "classic. Can't just say that it is 1 day after it dropped. 

pimp.gif

-The Juice

indifferent.gif
,you're joking right?

30t6p3b.gif
 at both

laugh.gif
Don't mind him man, just his take. IMO the album is absolutely lyrical - alot of it was just Jay/Ye spittin that real %@! especially in the album's second half.

Comparing it to Bad Meets Evil is silly. Two COMPLETELY styles of rap. And I dunno about you, but saying this album isn't lyrical then turning around and then calling Em's verse in Fast Lane about anal sex with Nicki Minaj "lyrical" is beyond dumb. Em is great btw, but some people don't know what the hell lyrical even means - more like they simply prefer that music over another.

pimp.gif

-The Juice

indifferent.gif
,you're joking right?

30t6p3b.gif
 at both

laugh.gif
Don't mind him man, just his take. IMO the album is absolutely lyrical - alot of it was just Jay/Ye spittin that real %@! especially in the album's second half.

Comparing it to Bad Meets Evil is silly. Two COMPLETELY styles of rap. And I dunno about you, but saying this album isn't lyrical then turning around and then calling Em's verse in Fast Lane about anal sex with Nicki Minaj "lyrical" is beyond dumb. Em is great btw, but some people don't know what the hell lyrical even means - more like they simply prefer that music over another.

a couple thoughts/comments about the album:
- favorite cuts are: n*ggas in paris, gotta have it, why i love you, illest mf'er alive, primetime, who gon stop me
- the way that beat drops on why i love you
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
, especially after jay finishes that first verse. goosebumps.
- why doesn't kanye spit verses like he did on primetime more often?
- jay brought it lyrically of course - but i agree with those who say it comes off arrogant/cocky at times. hes been on that "maybe if i force it down their throats that i'm #1" tip since the black album. to me its like let the fans decide that. i think some of his content alienates the fans cause they cant relate to what hes saying or feel that hes putting himself on a pedestal. i mean how many great artists can you think of that consistently incorporate those things into their songs? but i digress, because the wordplay, entendres, flow, etc. is still there, even if i don't find myself rewinding verses as much as previous albums.
- the production is really experimental, innovative, fresh; i think ill be playing this album for a while

a couple thoughts/comments about the album:
- favorite cuts are: n*ggas in paris, gotta have it, why i love you, illest mf'er alive, primetime, who gon stop me
- the way that beat drops on why i love you
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
, especially after jay finishes that first verse. goosebumps.
- why doesn't kanye spit verses like he did on primetime more often?
- jay brought it lyrically of course - but i agree with those who say it comes off arrogant/cocky at times. hes been on that "maybe if i force it down their throats that i'm #1" tip since the black album. to me its like let the fans decide that. i think some of his content alienates the fans cause they cant relate to what hes saying or feel that hes putting himself on a pedestal. i mean how many great artists can you think of that consistently incorporate those things into their songs? but i digress, because the wordplay, entendres, flow, etc. is still there, even if i don't find myself rewinding verses as much as previous albums.
- the production is really experimental, innovative, fresh; i think ill be playing this album for a while

Originally Posted by TeflanDon

laugh.gif
QFE

-The Juice

My dude really calling Q-Tips production on "That's my *#@%+" cheap?? It sounded like some old grimey 90's type beat that I haven't heard in a long time,far from wack imo.

Originally Posted by TeflanDon

laugh.gif
QFE

-The Juice

My dude really calling Q-Tips production on "That's my *#@%+" cheap?? It sounded like some old grimey 90's type beat that I haven't heard in a long time,far from wack imo.

back1ntheday wrote:

Brilliant take. Truthfully the greatest marketing scheme in hip hop history was The Black Album, the way Jay repetitively beat it into our heads that he is the best, and it worked like a charm. It created this "Jay can do no wrong". And now with this album and the way 'Ye has been rapping for the last 2-3 years, Ye is following that same path. And I honestly do not blame these guys, they now have that untouchable status and will forever be shipped platinum no matter what. And are able to charge concert tickets at no less than $120 a piece (BTW Chicago heads I will be attending the concert with a bottle of Henney stashed away, come holler at me.)

-The Juice

back1ntheday wrote:

Brilliant take. Truthfully the greatest marketing scheme in hip hop history was The Black Album, the way Jay repetitively beat it into our heads that he is the best, and it worked like a charm. It created this "Jay can do no wrong". And now with this album and the way 'Ye has been rapping for the last 2-3 years, Ye is following that same path. And I honestly do not blame these guys, they now have that untouchable status and will forever be shipped platinum no matter what. And are able to charge concert tickets at no less than $120 a piece (BTW Chicago heads I will be attending the concert with a bottle of Henney stashed away, come holler at me.)

-The Juice

#WTT = Two $%$$%$ talking %#+% with white linen pants on, with their legs crossed, sipping vintage wine and eating cheese.

#WTT = Two $%$$%$ talking %#+% with white linen pants on, with their legs crossed, sipping vintage wine and eating cheese.

back1ntheday wrote:

-The Juice

That might be true cause ever since,most people consider him as he greatest but he's also put out enough quality material to be considered it.

back1ntheday wrote:

-The Juice

That might be true cause ever since,most people consider him as he greatest but he's also put out enough quality material to be considered it.

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

Peep Game wrote:
No problem, hope that helped.

IMO while I understand those who like RD Jay or CD Ye (I do as well), I wouldn't want them to make more CDs based on those concepts. They're not at that place now. Jay ain't hustling/assert himself in the rap game and Ye ain't a fledgling producer looking to get his break in the industry - they're made dudes, they're proud of it, and they reflect on the cons and hardships of how they got there. You KNOW that when they put this work out they're perfectly aware of what they're talking about. For me, it's not this is not as good as RD/CD, just different. It goes back to what you enjoy from your music.

Why do people keep bringing up College Dropout Kanye like he was nice?have you heard College Dropout recently?He was trash lyrically compared to where he's at now

Back
Top Bottom