<>Kanye West & Jay-Z 'Watch The Throne'<> Ns in PARIS video on pg. 290

as much flack as Lift Off is getting for being too pop/mainstream, the breakdown-outro is one of the highlights of the album for me.

once the song(or rocket whatever) has "lifted off", the beat changes and that !@#$% just takes me into a zone. kanye, qtip, pharell, mike dean, all these guys got the feel of the track exactly right. its like your blasting off into space. i love the way beyonces vocals are filtered along with the choir in the first part of it. for me they definately accomplished that feeling of just riding off. The drums especially, are so Kanye. And listening to the piano it kind of has a pharell feel to it.

please dont sleep on that part y'all. its a perfect example of sonically painting an image.

http://www.mediafire.com/?l42gn3y5c1eqedw

heres something for yall to ride to, just that part extended i found.

the albums super solid. not a musical masterpiece, i also feel like theres like ONE missing element, but WTT is really something alot of people can enjoy.

as much flack as Lift Off is getting for being too pop/mainstream, the breakdown-outro is one of the highlights of the album for me.

once the song(or rocket whatever) has "lifted off", the beat changes and that !@#$% just takes me into a zone. kanye, qtip, pharell, mike dean, all these guys got the feel of the track exactly right. its like your blasting off into space. i love the way beyonces vocals are filtered along with the choir in the first part of it. for me they definately accomplished that feeling of just riding off. The drums especially, are so Kanye. And listening to the piano it kind of has a pharell feel to it.

please dont sleep on that part y'all. its a perfect example of sonically painting an image.

http://www.mediafire.com/?l42gn3y5c1eqedw

heres something for yall to ride to, just that part extended i found.

the albums super solid. not a musical masterpiece, i also feel like theres like ONE missing element, but WTT is really something alot of people can enjoy.

Originally Posted by Ace Rawstein

Originally Posted by RICO7JT

ScottHallWithAPick wrote:

^^^

?????

Isn't it Hello?

NO its LOLOLOL...

NAH...dude def says Hello 
laugh.gif
... check the booklet if u have doubt tho
this reminds me.... bumping Murder to Excellence and my girl goes "yeah dont the Mayans say December 21st 2012 is that die huh"

Im like whaaaat the hell are u talking bout?...she like isnt that what Jay saying Im like 
eek.gif
roll.gif
grin.gif
indifferent.gif

Jays line "and they said by twenty one I was pose to die" she hearing "December twenty one I am pose to die" 
laugh.gif

WOW. i didnt look at the lyric booklet.. and i also thought he was saying "december 21st"... i been trying to figure out what dec.21 was this whole time.. LOL. i fail. kanye chedda.

ScottHallWithAPick wrote:

^^^

?????

Isn't it Hello?

NO its LOLOLOL...

laugh.gif
this reminds me.... bumping Murder to Excellence and my girl goes "yeah dont the Mayans say December 21st 2012 is that die huh"

Im like whaaaat the hell are u talking bout?...she like isnt that what Jay saying Im like 
eek.gif
roll.gif
grin.gif
indifferent.gif

Jays line "and they said by twenty one I was pose to die" she hearing "December twenty one I am pose to die" 
laugh.gif

WOW. i didnt look at the lyric booklet.. and i also thought he was saying "december 21st"... i been trying to figure out what dec.21 was this whole time.. LOL. i fail. kanye chedda.

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

After my 4th listen:

-I love the album. The subject matter isnt as materialistic as everyone made it sound like. The range from songs like "New Day" and "Murder To Excellence" to "_s In Paris" is well recieved and we might have seen Jay the most emotionally grounded since Dynasty and more pro black wealth than ever before. With that said...
-Kanye straight dominates the album. From the beats (most obvious being the "Who Gon' Stop Me") to him getting the first verse on a majority of the tracks, it's obvious he came to do him. I cant even remember a Jay verse on this besides "PrimeTime", "Why I Love You" and maybe the intro that came close to Ye. The beats were more reminiscent of LR and Graduation a bit more than MBDTF. Jay seemed comfy to let Ye shine.
-I love the album, but something is missing. Cant put my finger on it.
-Jay shouldnt even have rapped on "Lift Off". He didnt even say anything. The song will be a hit though. The money they'll make from licensing it will be ridiculous.
-I hated that "MJ, take your pick" line Jay rapped. Biggie did it the best.
-Dunno what it was but Jay was rapping lackadaisical to me the whole album. He did eat Beans' food on "Why I Love You"
-"New Day" sounds EXACTLY like a Dr. Dre beat more than a RZA. It's really similar to that "Goldmine" beat Dre had on Busta's Aftermath album
Co-signing all of this.

People are acting as if Kanye shouldn't have even rapped on the album because Jay went in, but did we already forget that Jay is the GOAT (for most of us)? Jay-Z SHOULD be rapping his #$% off. Kanye went very hard and incredibly "Kanye to the max" on this album. Also, Kanye, and especially Jay-Z, are LONG overdue on tracks promoting something besides themselves or material things. This substance from them was needed. Jay still owes us a little bit more though because all he talked about on BP3 was himself, himself, and himself ...

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

After my 4th listen:

-I love the album. The subject matter isnt as materialistic as everyone made it sound like. The range from songs like "New Day" and "Murder To Excellence" to "_s In Paris" is well recieved and we might have seen Jay the most emotionally grounded since Dynasty and more pro black wealth than ever before. With that said...
-Kanye straight dominates the album. From the beats (most obvious being the "Who Gon' Stop Me") to him getting the first verse on a majority of the tracks, it's obvious he came to do him. I cant even remember a Jay verse on this besides "PrimeTime", "Why I Love You" and maybe the intro that came close to Ye. The beats were more reminiscent of LR and Graduation a bit more than MBDTF. Jay seemed comfy to let Ye shine.
-I love the album, but something is missing. Cant put my finger on it.
-Jay shouldnt even have rapped on "Lift Off". He didnt even say anything. The song will be a hit though. The money they'll make from licensing it will be ridiculous.
-I hated that "MJ, take your pick" line Jay rapped. Biggie did it the best.
-Dunno what it was but Jay was rapping lackadaisical to me the whole album. He did eat Beans' food on "Why I Love You"
-"New Day" sounds EXACTLY like a Dr. Dre beat more than a RZA. It's really similar to that "Goldmine" beat Dre had on Busta's Aftermath album
Co-signing all of this.

People are acting as if Kanye shouldn't have even rapped on the album because Jay went in, but did we already forget that Jay is the GOAT (for most of us)? Jay-Z SHOULD be rapping his #$% off. Kanye went very hard and incredibly "Kanye to the max" on this album. Also, Kanye, and especially Jay-Z, are LONG overdue on tracks promoting something besides themselves or material things. This substance from them was needed. Jay still owes us a little bit more though because all he talked about on BP3 was himself, himself, and himself ...

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

^^^

?????

Isn't it Hello?

NO its LOLOLOL...

laugh.gif

eek.gif
roll.gif
grin.gif
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I know it's "hello" but the first time I listened to it I was like "Did this guy really just start his song off with LOLOLOL??" It's forever going to be that whenever I listen now 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

^^^

?????

Isn't it Hello?

NO its LOLOLOL...

laugh.gif

eek.gif
roll.gif
grin.gif
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I know it's "hello" but the first time I listened to it I was like "Did this guy really just start his song off with LOLOLOL??" It's forever going to be that whenever I listen now 
laugh.gif

Bit off topic but Kanye was just performing here in Finland. I was hoping Jay would make an appearance but he didn't. Pusha T though made an appearance. 
pimp.gif

Bit off topic but Kanye was just performing here in Finland. I was hoping Jay would make an appearance but he didn't. Pusha T though made an appearance. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

NO its LOLOLOL...

laugh.gif

eek.gif
roll.gif
grin.gif
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
If I remember right, the digital booklet says "'Ello, 'ello, 'ello"

NO its LOLOLOL...

laugh.gif

eek.gif
roll.gif
grin.gif
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
If I remember right, the digital booklet says "'Ello, 'ello, 'ello"

laugh.gif

Same.

laugh.gif

Same.

Back
Top Bottom