damn. I thought he was saying "LOLOLOL" too
laugh.gif

Double Entrende
pimp.gif
this
pimp.gif

album just gets better and better after each play
pimp.gif
how every song is my favorite song though?
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 10027

Kanye has some really, really awful verses on the album... Like on "Illest MFer Alive", it almost ruins what is otherwise a sick song.

That whole Russell thing is just stupid.
That "zero zero zero a whole lot of O's"... ugh that's bad
"You're in lie behind currency that means you're after money"... Might be one of the worst punchlines I've ever heard

On the other side you have "Basquiats, Warhols serving as my muses/My house is a museum so I see um when I'm peein'"... That is just sick.
laugh.gif
 kanye hater i see...

Kanye has some really, really awful verses on the album... Like on "Illest MFer Alive", it almost ruins what is otherwise a sick song.

"You're in lie behind currency that means you're after money"... Might be one of the worst punchlines I've ever heard

On the other side you have "Basquiats, Warhols serving as my muses/My house is a museum so I see um when I'm peein'"... That is just sick.
laugh.gif
 kanye hater i see...

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

If they combine the physical sales from Friday, the total should exceed 1,000,000.
They're including the physical copies, 290K digital and the other 100-150K is physical copies. So around gold first week, solid numbers. 

If they combine the physical sales from Friday, the total should exceed 1,000,000.
They're including the physical copies, 290K digital and the other 100-150K is physical copies. So around gold first week, solid numbers. 

Originally Posted by RetroSan

Originally Posted by 81KB

Originally Posted by rrickrude

i tried hearing "hello" but every time i bump the track it starts with lololol...... to the poster that said kanye had bars over jay let me which track particular??? i thought i was the biggest kanye fan but felt his bars were weak throughout most of the album.

Agreed.Kanye didn't go off on any tracks.Otis was pretty much the best he had to offer
you can't honestly believe, Ye bested Hov on atleast 2 tracks

As a whole I wasn't too impressed with this album, but Ye's verse on "New Day" has nestled itself into my personal "Top 10" verses from the guy...

Originally Posted by RetroSan

Originally Posted by 81KB

Originally Posted by rrickrude

i tried hearing "hello" but every time i bump the track it starts with lololol...... to the poster that said kanye had bars over jay let me which track particular??? i thought i was the biggest kanye fan but felt his bars were weak throughout most of the album.

Agreed.Kanye didn't go off on any tracks.Otis was pretty much the best he had to offer
you can't honestly believe, Ye bested Hov on atleast 2 tracks

As a whole I wasn't too impressed with this album, but Ye's verse on "New Day" has nestled itself into my personal "Top 10" verses from the guy...

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

There's a deeper meaning behind those lines though...

The whole Russell thing relates to Amber since she went on the show after the breakup. The 0, 0, 0 thing relates to Russell because of Russell Westbrook (#0), Crow Zero (movie), & of course his bank account
laugh.gif

The whole Currency line refers to money & then the diss towards Wiz since Wiz has been saying Curren$y is ahead of him... So he's after money while Ye has it.
It's not just the meaning that is lame...  Though the fact that Amber Rose went on the guy's show does not make it a clever or appropriate line.  I'm not sure what it has to do with the movie Crow Zero or why referring to Russell Westbrook is nice either (his name is Russell too?  No way WOW!).  Either way a bunch of random references to not equate to any valuable meaning.
I was more referring to how bad it sounds in terms of flow/rhyme to just repeat the name of a bunch of Russells or to say "zero zero zero a whole lotta os"...  We as rap fans know the sounds of the verse matters just as much as the meaning and that just sounds terrible.  

And other people have covered in this thread how much of a reach it is to say that has anything to do with dissing Curren$y the rapper...  but believe what you like if it helps you enjoy that awful verse.

Caerus wrote:

laugh.gif
 kanye hater i see...
Not at all I love Kanye actually, just not a fan of his style on this album.

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

There's a deeper meaning behind those lines though...

The whole Russell thing relates to Amber since she went on the show after the breakup. The 0, 0, 0 thing relates to Russell because of Russell Westbrook (#0), Crow Zero (movie), & of course his bank account
laugh.gif

The whole Currency line refers to money & then the diss towards Wiz since Wiz has been saying Curren$y is ahead of him... So he's after money while Ye has it.
It's not just the meaning that is lame...  Though the fact that Amber Rose went on the guy's show does not make it a clever or appropriate line.  I'm not sure what it has to do with the movie Crow Zero or why referring to Russell Westbrook is nice either (his name is Russell too?  No way WOW!).  Either way a bunch of random references to not equate to any valuable meaning.
I was more referring to how bad it sounds in terms of flow/rhyme to just repeat the name of a bunch of Russells or to say "zero zero zero a whole lotta os"...  We as rap fans know the sounds of the verse matters just as much as the meaning and that just sounds terrible.  

And other people have covered in this thread how much of a reach it is to say that has anything to do with dissing Curren$y the rapper...  but believe what you like if it helps you enjoy that awful verse.

Caerus wrote:

laugh.gif
 kanye hater i see...
Not at all I love Kanye actually, just not a fan of his style on this album.

Nah, man. As much as I would love for that to happen, letting the physicals release so late during the week isn't gonna help them break a milli.
Now pushing gold their first week is/would be 
pimp.gif

Nah, man. As much as I would love for that to happen, letting the physicals release so late during the week isn't gonna help them break a milli.
Now pushing gold their first week is/would be 
pimp.gif

Yea...and he saved his verse on Murder to Excellence (the Excellence part)...it started off pretty bad. Like...whenever you spell "top" out in a verse...you know...like, you shouldn't do that. He got it back though.

I really enjoy the album though.

Yea...and he saved his verse on Murder to Excellence (the Excellence part)...it started off pretty bad. Like...whenever you spell "top" out in a verse...you know...like, you shouldn't do that. He got it back though.

I really enjoy the album though.

What does Jay mean when he says "Do you know who I am Clarice?" in Murder To Excellence? Is that another clothing line?

On another note, only thing I don't really like about the album is all the high end artists/designer dropping. Had to google all of them, lol. The "average joe" which I suppose make up most of their fans don't really care about that stuff. I guess they're dropping knowledge, cuz now I know...lol.

What does Jay mean when he says "Do you know who I am Clarice?" in Murder To Excellence? Is that another clothing line?

On another note, only thing I don't really like about the album is all the high end artists/designer dropping. Had to google all of them, lol. The "average joe" which I suppose make up most of their fans don't really care about that stuff. I guess they're dropping knowledge, cuz now I know...lol.

Originally Posted by bonafide101

'In sheepskin coats, I silence the lambs 
Do you know who I am Clarice?
'
[font=Arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]The whole bar is a reference to movie The Silence of the Lambs. with Hannibal Lecter.
[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]The main character is named Clarice. Hannibal asks Clarice a similar question in that format. 
pimp.gif
[/font]

Originally Posted by bonafide101

'In sheepskin coats, I silence the lambs 
Do you know who I am Clarice?
'
[font=Arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]The whole bar is a reference to movie The Silence of the Lambs. with Hannibal Lecter.
[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]The main character is named Clarice. Hannibal asks Clarice a similar question in that format. 
pimp.gif
[/font]

I want to know what the hell Jay-Z was talking about on Illest M@$@$@$@ Alive.

"Take it how you want til a n___ dead
Til then I'm the illest motherf$%*r alive"

He's dead yet alive....hmmm??

Back
Top Bottom