<>Kanye West & Jay-Z 'Watch The Throne'<> Ns in PARIS video on pg. 290

Originally Posted by 81KB

Originally Posted by rrickrude

i tried hearing "hello" but every time i bump the track it starts with lololol...... to the poster that said kanye had bars over jay let me which track particular??? i thought i was the biggest kanye fan but felt his bars were weak throughout most of the album.

Agreed.Kanye didn't go off on any tracks.Otis was pretty much the best he had to offer
you can't honestly believe, Ye bested Hov on atleast 2 tracks

Kanye has some really, really awful verses on the album... Like on "Illest MFer Alive", it almost ruins what is otherwise a sick song.

That whole Russell thing is just stupid.
That "zero zero zero a whole lot of O's"... ugh that's bad
"You're in lie behind currency that means you're after money"... Might be one of the worst punchlines I've ever heard

On the other side you have "Basquiats, Warhols serving as my muses/My house is a museum so I see um when I'm peein'"... That is just sick.

Kanye has some really, really awful verses on the album... Like on "Illest MFer Alive", it almost ruins what is otherwise a sick song.

"You're in lie behind currency that means you're after money"... Might be one of the worst punchlines I've ever heard

On the other side you have "Basquiats, Warhols serving as my muses/My house is a museum so I see um when I'm peein'"... That is just sick.

roll.gif
After listening to it a few more time I for ever will say "LOLOLOLOLO" not "Hello, hello"

roll.gif
After listening to it a few more time I for ever will say "LOLOLOLOLO" not "Hello, hello"

Originally Posted by 10027

There's a deeper meaning behind those lines though...

The whole Russell thing relates to Amber since she went on the show after the breakup. The 0, 0, 0 thing relates to Russell because of Russell Westbrook (#0), Crow Zero (movie), & of course his bank account
laugh.gif

The whole Currency line refers to money & then the diss towards Wiz since Wiz has been saying Curren$y is ahead of him... So he's after money while Ye has it.

Originally Posted by 10027

There's a deeper meaning behind those lines though...

The whole Russell thing relates to Amber since she went on the show after the breakup. The 0, 0, 0 thing relates to Russell because of Russell Westbrook (#0), Crow Zero (movie), & of course his bank account
laugh.gif

The whole Currency line refers to money & then the diss towards Wiz since Wiz has been saying Curren$y is ahead of him... So he's after money while Ye has it.

[h1]
[h1]Jay-Z and Kanye West's 'Watch The Throne' Breaks iTunes Single-Week Sales Record[/h1]
August 15, 2011[h2]By Keith Caulfield (@keith_caulfield), Los Angeles[/h2]
Sources say Jay-Z and Kanye West's "Watch the Throne" broke the U.S. iTunes Store's one-week sales record last week when it sold nearly 290,000 downloads via the retailer through Sunday night (Aug. 14).

The set was exclusively available through iTunes from Aug. 8-11 before going on sale at all digital and physical retailers on Friday, Aug. 12.

"Throne" surpasses the previous one-week iTunes record, set when Coldplay's 2008 album "Viva La Vida Or Death and All His Friends" shifted 282,000 in its first week. (The album sold 288,000 total downloads in its first week, including sales from all other retailers.)

"Throne's" overall official first-week sales -- digital and physical combined -- will be released by Nielsen SoundScan on Wednesday morning. Currently, it's looking to debut at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart with around the 410,000-450,000. That's a downgrade from the 500,000-start that some industry pundits had predicted.

However, as noted last week, predicting "Throne's" first week is tricky because of its unique release rollout.

Traditionally, albums drop to all retailers on Tuesdays. However, "Throne" secured a Monday street date, but only through iTunes. Thus, normal projection models -- based on all versions of an album hitting retailers on Tuesday -- are thrown out the window.

It does perhaps point to how "Throne's" initial digital offering could have softened its interest among physical-CD consumers. The true test of the album's sales will come in its second week, when it will have a full chart week's worth of both physical and digital sales under its belt.
[/h1]

[h1]
[h1]Jay-Z and Kanye West's 'Watch The Throne' Breaks iTunes Single-Week Sales Record[/h1]
August 15, 2011[h2]By Keith Caulfield (@keith_caulfield), Los Angeles[/h2]
Sources say Jay-Z and Kanye West's "Watch the Throne" broke the U.S. iTunes Store's one-week sales record last week when it sold nearly 290,000 downloads via the retailer through Sunday night (Aug. 14).

The set was exclusively available through iTunes from Aug. 8-11 before going on sale at all digital and physical retailers on Friday, Aug. 12.

"Throne" surpasses the previous one-week iTunes record, set when Coldplay's 2008 album "Viva La Vida Or Death and All His Friends" shifted 282,000 in its first week. (The album sold 288,000 total downloads in its first week, including sales from all other retailers.)

"Throne's" overall official first-week sales -- digital and physical combined -- will be released by Nielsen SoundScan on Wednesday morning. Currently, it's looking to debut at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart with around the 410,000-450,000. That's a downgrade from the 500,000-start that some industry pundits had predicted.

However, as noted last week, predicting "Throne's" first week is tricky because of its unique release rollout.

Traditionally, albums drop to all retailers on Tuesdays. However, "Throne" secured a Monday street date, but only through iTunes. Thus, normal projection models -- based on all versions of an album hitting retailers on Tuesday -- are thrown out the window.

It does perhaps point to how "Throne's" initial digital offering could have softened its interest among physical-CD consumers. The true test of the album's sales will come in its second week, when it will have a full chart week's worth of both physical and digital sales under its belt.
[/h1]

[h1]
[h1]How Jay-Z and Kanye West Beat the Leakers With 'Watch the Throne'[/h1]
August 12, 2011[h2]By Steven J. Horowitz[/h2]
(This is an abridged version of Steven J. Horowitz's article in the August 20 issue of Billboard titled "Protecting the 'Throne'." For the full article, head here to purchase the issue, and here for a subscription, which gets you the magazine, charts, bulletins and much more.)

When Jay-Z and Kanye West's collaborative album "Watch the Throne" hit iTunes earlier this week, many expressed amazement that the album hadn't leaked, as nearly every hip-hop album in recent memory has.

What they didn't realize was the months of near-military-scale planning required to keep the album under wraps.

Taking C.I.A.-like precautions to ensure that the album was released on their own terms, the duo successfully staved off hackers with a leak-proof strategy -- an anomaly for an industry consistently brought to its knees by web-savvy individuals eager to share unreleased material with the world.

"It was really important to [Jay] that people experienced this album in its entirety when they first listened to it," says a Roc Nation executive, who asked to remain anonymous. "That was really the driving force of it, to create that nostalgic moment of unwrapping the CD and listening to it for the first time."

Conceived during three iterations in Australia, New York City and Paris, "Watch the Throne" was kept secure by three core engineers -- Mike Dean, Anthony Kilhoffer and Noah Goldstein -- who disabled their computers' Wi-Fi at pop-up studios constructed in hotel rooms. Due to compromising hacker attempts for West's 2010 release "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy," outside producers such as the RZA and Swizz Beatz were asked to appear in-person for works-in-progress -- no emailed song drafts were allowed.

To combat pre-release piracy, Kilhoffer, Grammy Award-winner for West's Graduation and John Legend's Get Lifted, claims that all sessions were saved offsite to hard drives in Goldstein's locked Pelican briefcase over the course of nine months. "Everywhere we went in hotels, we were locking hard drives and Noah took them with him," says Kilhoffer, who now travels with external memory units that can only be accessed by biometric fingerprints.

The technology, which Kilhoffer implements while traveling on West's current European tour, takes a live scan of one's finger to serve as key to access protected material. For less than $100, devices such as the Eikon Digital Privacy Manager and Zvetco Fingerprint Reader measure the finger's ridges and valleys with conductor plates, transmitting imprints through a USB cord to safeguard hard drive contents. While on the road, Kilhoffer and Dean are the sole gatekeepers to unlock the digital safes.

Kanye and Jay-Z's 'Throne' on Track to Break iTunes' One-Week Sales Record

Sent to a manufacturing plant days ahead of its digital unveiling on August 8, Watch the Throne was later shipped to major retail outlets like Best Buy, serviced with exclusive deluxe edition, in time for the album's physical release today. Only two New York City listening sessions -- one at the Mercer Hotel, the other at Hayden Planetarium -- invited the outside world to hear the completed work.

Jay-Z and Kanye West's 'Watch the Throne' Exclusives Have Retailers Up in Arms

While Jay-Z and Kanye West managed to record one of hip-hop's most hotly anticipated albums without compromise, some label executives agree that the method could set an example for an industry still struggling to adapt to the digital renaissance.

"I think there are a lot of people looking at this and saying, 'Wow, maybe these guys are onto something. That might be the way to go,'" says the Roc Nation executive. "I'd be surprised if many other artists don't use this strategy as well."
[/h1]

[h1]
(This is an abridged version of Steven J. Horowitz's article in the August 20 issue of Billboard titled "Protecting the 'Throne'." For the full article, head here to purchase the issue, and here for a subscription, which gets you the magazine, charts, bulletins and much more.)

When Jay-Z and Kanye West's collaborative album "Watch the Throne" hit iTunes earlier this week, many expressed amazement that the album hadn't leaked, as nearly every hip-hop album in recent memory has.

What they didn't realize was the months of near-military-scale planning required to keep the album under wraps.

Taking C.I.A.-like precautions to ensure that the album was released on their own terms, the duo successfully staved off hackers with a leak-proof strategy -- an anomaly for an industry consistently brought to its knees by web-savvy individuals eager to share unreleased material with the world.

"It was really important to [Jay] that people experienced this album in its entirety when they first listened to it," says a Roc Nation executive, who asked to remain anonymous. "That was really the driving force of it, to create that nostalgic moment of unwrapping the CD and listening to it for the first time."

Conceived during three iterations in Australia, New York City and Paris, "Watch the Throne" was kept secure by three core engineers -- Mike Dean, Anthony Kilhoffer and Noah Goldstein -- who disabled their computers' Wi-Fi at pop-up studios constructed in hotel rooms. Due to compromising hacker attempts for West's 2010 release "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy," outside producers such as the RZA and Swizz Beatz were asked to appear in-person for works-in-progress -- no emailed song drafts were allowed.

To combat pre-release piracy, Kilhoffer, Grammy Award-winner for West's Graduation and John Legend's Get Lifted, claims that all sessions were saved offsite to hard drives in Goldstein's locked Pelican briefcase over the course of nine months. "Everywhere we went in hotels, we were locking hard drives and Noah took them with him," says Kilhoffer, who now travels with external memory units that can only be accessed by biometric fingerprints.

The technology, which Kilhoffer implements while traveling on West's current European tour, takes a live scan of one's finger to serve as key to access protected material. For less than $100, devices such as the Eikon Digital Privacy Manager and Zvetco Fingerprint Reader measure the finger's ridges and valleys with conductor plates, transmitting imprints through a USB cord to safeguard hard drive contents. While on the road, Kilhoffer and Dean are the sole gatekeepers to unlock the digital safes.

Sent to a manufacturing plant days ahead of its digital unveiling on August 8, Watch the Throne was later shipped to major retail outlets like Best Buy, serviced with exclusive deluxe edition, in time for the album's physical release today. Only two New York City listening sessions -- one at the Mercer Hotel, the other at Hayden Planetarium -- invited the outside world to hear the completed work.

While Jay-Z and Kanye West managed to record one of hip-hop's most hotly anticipated albums without compromise, some label executives agree that the method could set an example for an industry still struggling to adapt to the digital renaissance.

"I think there are a lot of people looking at this and saying, 'Wow, maybe these guys are onto something. That might be the way to go,'" says the Roc Nation executive. "I'd be surprised if many other artists don't use this strategy as well."
[/h1]

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

[h1]

[/h1]

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I love it.

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

[h1]

[/h1]

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I love it.

dudes been talking bout the same handful of kanye lines for min now 
laugh.gif
.... he my dude but I dont think homes put that much thought into it...but hey maybe im wrong
what about Jay on "who gon stop me" ... "Give me one shot one pot I show up in all white wearing no socks" 
nerd.gif
 whats big homie talking bout?

one thing came to mind but I cant call it...

256522.1020.A.jpg

laugh.gif

dudes been talking bout the same handful of kanye lines for min now 
laugh.gif
.... he my dude but I dont think homes put that much thought into it...but hey maybe im wrong
what about Jay on "who gon stop me" ... "Give me one shot one pot I show up in all white wearing no socks" 
nerd.gif
 whats big homie talking bout?

one thing came to mind but I cant call it...

256522.1020.A.jpg

laugh.gif

After giving the album quite a few spins the past few days I give em a solid B+ all around.

My top 5 favorite tracks (in order)..

Murder to Excellence
New Day
N's in Paris
Illest M'fer Alive
Otis

After giving the album quite a few spins the past few days I give em a solid B+ all around.

My top 5 favorite tracks (in order)..

Murder to Excellence
New Day
N's in Paris
Illest M'fer Alive
Otis

its clear that kanye is saying "ello" cause the last one before the verse he say's "hello" clearly.

the LOLOL thing is funny tho

its clear that kanye is saying "ello" cause the last one before the verse he say's "hello" clearly.

the LOLOL thing is funny tho

Back
Top Bottom