<>Kanye West & Jay-Z 'Watch The Throne'<> Ns in PARIS video on pg. 290

just saw a group of females(beckys) riding in a jeep with no top blasting Murder for excellence
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Originally Posted by ToAnotherLevel

Can I get someone to school on Jay's Primetime lyrics?

I don't fully understand the 'number' references. I get the 48 law reference, his age, and a few others but I feel like I'm missing something.

At forty-two (his current age) be better than twenty-four (a double entendre: because of his age number being flipped and Kobe's number, the Kobe part will be discussed later in the rhyme)

SKU1521-2.jpg

I carried the four-five, (a .45 caliber pistol) mastered forty-eight laws (The 48 Laws of Power book, very insightful)

GreeneRobert-48LawsOfPower.jpg

Still wearing my twenty-three's (Jordans) they can't $%%% with the boy
As far as them 16's (16's bars in a normal rap verse) I'm 23 (The Michael Jordan or rap, meaning the greatest of them all, also a play off of the 24 line from earlier) of it all
Prime time, ridin that six deuce (The '62 Maybach is the biggest and best Maybach you can get)

2011-Maybach-57-62-facelift-images.jpg

The nine-eleven (Ty Ty or Beyonce, I can't remember which one bought Jay a 911 Porsche Turbo a few years ago) I only subtract the roof
Started in eighty-eight (he started hustling in 1988 for the first time), got warm in ninety-two (he started getting into the rap game in 1992)
I landed in ninety-six (Reasonable Doubt his first album released in 1996), that's the year I came through

My main man Deuce 
glasses.gif
Break Down was Spot on DK 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Can I get someone to school on Jay's Primetime lyrics?

I don't fully understand the 'number' references. I get the 48 law reference, his age, and a few others but I feel like I'm missing something.

At forty-two (his current age) be better than twenty-four (a double entendre: because of his age number being flipped and Kobe's number, the Kobe part will be discussed later in the rhyme)

SKU1521-2.jpg

I carried the four-five, (a .45 caliber pistol) mastered forty-eight laws (The 48 Laws of Power book, very insightful)

GreeneRobert-48LawsOfPower.jpg

Still wearing my twenty-three's (Jordans) they can't $%%% with the boy
As far as them 16's (16's bars in a normal rap verse) I'm 23 (The Michael Jordan or rap, meaning the greatest of them all, also a play off of the 24 line from earlier) of it all
Prime time, ridin that six deuce (The '62 Maybach is the biggest and best Maybach you can get)

2011-Maybach-57-62-facelift-images.jpg

The nine-eleven (Ty Ty or Beyonce, I can't remember which one bought Jay a 911 Porsche Turbo a few years ago) I only subtract the roof
Started in eighty-eight (he started hustling in 1988 for the first time), got warm in ninety-two (he started getting into the rap game in 1992)
I landed in ninety-six (Reasonable Doubt his first album released in 1996), that's the year I came through

My main man Deuce 
glasses.gif
Break Down was Spot on DK 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by RICO7JT

Yuup!

When I heard Bey was pregnant NEW DAY came straight to mind.

The song def. took a new turn when you add the pregnancy to it. Makes you see it differently now.

Originally Posted by RICO7JT

Yuup!

When I heard Bey was pregnant NEW DAY came straight to mind.

The song def. took a new turn when you add the pregnancy to it. Makes you see it differently now.

Good lookin out Deuce King, thank you.

Your welcome champ.

He started @%%*@@% w/ Jaz around 88. '92 was when his name started buzzing more ( '92-'94 Can I get open?, Show and Prove, In my lifetime, I can't get w/ that, etc)

I should have put "started recording songs in '92 instead of starting getting into the rap game in '92 but that's what I was referring to, thanks. Jay had been rapping before '92 of course but just not from a professional standpoint.

My main man Deuce 
glasses.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Good lookin out Deuce King, thank you.

Your welcome champ.

He started @%%*@@% w/ Jaz around 88. '92 was when his name started buzzing more ( '92-'94 Can I get open?, Show and Prove, In my lifetime, I can't get w/ that, etc)

I should have put "started recording songs in '92 instead of starting getting into the rap game in '92 but that's what I was referring to, thanks. Jay had been rapping before '92 of course but just not from a professional standpoint.

My main man Deuce 
glasses.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Ya'll missed a double. Porsche 911 as we all know is pronounced 9-11. So when he says he only subtracts the roof he also referencing the subtraction sign in 9-11.

Ya'll missed a double. Porsche 911 as we all know is pronounced 9-11. So when he says he only subtracts the roof he also referencing the subtraction sign in 9-11.

Originally Posted by RavageBX

eek.gif

Originally Posted by RavageBX

eek.gif

I thought Jay was referring to MJ like he did on Encore when he said 'I carried the four-five" but I might be reaching. Great breakdown though Deuce
pimp.gif

I thought Jay was referring to MJ like he did on Encore when he said 'I carried the four-five" but I might be reaching. Great breakdown though Deuce
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by CertifiedSW

Can't get over how good of a song Primetime is. Song is way too under the radar.

def
when i first listened im like this is a bonus track?!?

Can't get over how good of a song Primetime is. Song is way too under the radar.

def

Originally Posted by Al Audi

def
Agreed. Same way I feel about IMFA

Originally Posted by Al Audi

def
Agreed. Same way I feel about IMFA

everyone mentioning New Day because of the pregnancy is hilarious to me. dudes act like Kanyes' verse wasn't about the same +!@$.

everyone mentioning New Day because of the pregnancy is hilarious to me. dudes act like Kanyes' verse wasn't about the same +!@$.

Back
Top Bottom