<>Kanye West & Jay-Z 'Watch The Throne'<> Ns in PARIS video on pg. 290

love the album. took me a good 5 to 6 listens to fully grasp the content. Honestly, on my first listen I wasn't feelin it, but after a few more spins I began to vibe to it.

love the album. took me a good 5 to 6 listens to fully grasp the content. Honestly, on my first listen I wasn't feelin it, but after a few more spins I began to vibe to it.

Is it just me, or does Jay-Z's verse on New day seem much more real after Beyonce announced her pregnancy. I know he's rapped about his unborn kid before but being this is most recent seems to add another vibe to it. Imagine Jay chilling is his castle recording and Bey tells him she's pregnant and proceeds to write this verse in his head
laugh.gif

Sorry junior, I already ruined ya
Cause you ain’t even alive, paparazzi pursuin’ ya
Sins of a father make yo’ life ten times harder
I just wanna take ya to a barber
Bondin’ on charters, all the #@%% that I never did
Teach ya good values, so you cherish it
Took me 26 years to find my path
My only job is cuttin’ the time in half
So at 13 we’ll have our first drink together
Black bar mitzvahs, mazel tov, mogul talk
Look a man dead in his eyes
So he know you talk truth when you speak it, give your word, keep it
And if the day comes I only see him on the weekend
I just pray we was in love on the night that we conceived him
Promise to never leave him even if his mama tweakin’
Cause my dad left me and I promise never repeat him
Never repeat him, never repeat him

Is it just me, or does Jay-Z's verse on New day seem much more real after Beyonce announced her pregnancy. I know he's rapped about his unborn kid before but being this is most recent seems to add another vibe to it. Imagine Jay chilling is his castle recording and Bey tells him she's pregnant and proceeds to write this verse in his head
laugh.gif

Sorry junior, I already ruined ya
Cause you ain’t even alive, paparazzi pursuin’ ya
Sins of a father make yo’ life ten times harder
I just wanna take ya to a barber
Bondin’ on charters, all the #@%% that I never did
Teach ya good values, so you cherish it
Took me 26 years to find my path
My only job is cuttin’ the time in half
So at 13 we’ll have our first drink together
Black bar mitzvahs, mazel tov, mogul talk
Look a man dead in his eyes
So he know you talk truth when you speak it, give your word, keep it
And if the day comes I only see him on the weekend
I just pray we was in love on the night that we conceived him
Promise to never leave him even if his mama tweakin’
Cause my dad left me and I promise never repeat him
Never repeat him, never repeat him

honestly jay got me rolling when he mentioned silence of the lambs some good lyrical content
Kanye just get real weird with his verse on no church in the wild dude is really spaced out sometimes lol

honestly jay got me rolling when he mentioned silence of the lambs some good lyrical content
Kanye just get real weird with his verse on no church in the wild dude is really spaced out sometimes lol

Can I get someone to school on Jay's Primetime lyrics?

I don't fully understand the 'number' references. I get the 48 law reference, his age, and a few others but I feel like I'm missing something.

I don't fully understand the 'number' references. I get the 48 law reference, his age, and a few others but I feel like I'm missing something.

Originally Posted by ToAnotherLevel

At forty-two (his current age) be better than twenty-four (a double entendre: because of his age number being flipped and Kobe's number, the Kobe part will be discussed later in the rhyme)

SKU1521-2.jpg

I carried the four-five, (a .45 caliber pistol) mastered forty-eight laws (The 48 Laws of Power book, very insightful)

GreeneRobert-48LawsOfPower.jpg

Still wearing my twenty-three's (Jordans) they can't $%%% with the boy
As far as them 16's (16's bars in a normal rap verse) I'm 23 (The Michael Jordan or rap, meaning the greatest of them all, also a play off of the 24 line from earlier) of it all
Prime time, ridin that six deuce (The '62 Maybach is the biggest and best Maybach you can get)

2011-Maybach-57-62-facelift-images.jpg

The nine-eleven (Ty Ty or Beyonce, I can't remember which one bought Jay a 911 Porsche Turbo a few years ago) I only subtract the roof
Started in eighty-eight (he started hustling in 1988 for the first time), got warm in ninety-two (he started getting into the rap game in 1992)
I landed in ninety-six (Reasonable Doubt his first album released in 1996), that's the year I came through

At forty-two (his current age) be better than twenty-four (a double entendre: because of his age number being flipped and Kobe's number, the Kobe part will be discussed later in the rhyme)

SKU1521-2.jpg

I carried the four-five, (a .45 caliber pistol) mastered forty-eight laws (The 48 Laws of Power book, very insightful)

As far as them 16's (16's bars in a normal rap verse) I'm 23 (The Michael Jordan or rap, meaning the greatest of them all, also a play off of the 24 line from earlier) of it all
Prime time, ridin that six deuce (The '62 Maybach is the biggest and best Maybach you can get)

The nine-eleven (Ty Ty or Beyonce, I can't remember which one bought Jay a 911 Porsche Turbo a few years ago) I only subtract the roof
Started in eighty-eight (he started hustling in 1988 for the first time), got warm in ninety-two (he started getting into the rap game in 1992)
I landed in ninety-six (Reasonable Doubt his first album released in 1996), that's the year I came through

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Started rapping in '88, started getting recognized in '92. Jay had been hustling before 88. Pretty sure there are pics of Jay w/ truck jewels around like '87 He started @%%*@@% w/ Jaz around 88. '92 was when his name started buzzing more ( '92-'94 Can I get open?, Show and Prove, In my lifetime, I can't get w/ that, etc)

I could be wrong tho.

Started rapping in '88, started getting recognized in '92. Jay had been hustling before 88. Pretty sure there are pics of Jay w/ truck jewels around like '87 He started @%%*@@% w/ Jaz around 88. '92 was when his name started buzzing more ( '92-'94 Can I get open?, Show and Prove, In my lifetime, I can't get w/ that, etc)

I could be wrong tho.

SKU1521-2.jpg

My main man Deuce 
glasses.gif

SKU1521-2.jpg

My main man Deuce 
glasses.gif

just saw a group of females(beckys) riding in a jeep with no top blasting Murder for excellence
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom