<>Kanye West & Jay-Z 'Watch The Throne'<> Ns in PARIS video on pg. 290

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

Let me try to explain it:

Regular comes out on the 12th: (ONLY AT BEST BUY)
Regular comes out on the 23rd (EVERYWHERE ELSE)
Deluxe comes out on the 23rd (ONLY AT BEST BUY)
No disrespect but that's not what I read on billboard.com but there were a lot of complaints about this so I don't know if they made changes because of this. Amazon has the regular still up for Friday and the Deluxe for the 23rd. The Deluxe on Best Buys website says the 15th and the 23rd so I don't know. 
The 15th? And I didn't know about Amazon. These guys are confusing
laugh.gif
This was posted on Billboard.com today
Jay-Z & Kanye West's new collaboration album, "Watch the Throne," released today (Aug.
glasses.gif
exclusively through Apple's iTunes Store, is on track to sell at least 400,000 to 500,000 copies in its first week in the U.S., according to industry prognosticators. That would instantly become the second-largest sales week of the year, behind Lady Gaga's 1.1 million opener for "Born This Way."

'Watch the Throne': Billboard.com's Track-by-Track Review

"Watch the Throne," which miraculously didn't leak to the Web as so many eagerly-awaited albums have over the years, is exclusive to iTunes until Friday, Aug. 12. That's when all other retailers -- physical and digital -- will start selling "Watch." Of course, most brick-and-mortar retailers could opt to ignore the official street date and begin selling the CD as soon as they receive it, which may be as early as Wednesday.

Best Buy has the exclusive deluxe physical CD edition of the set from Aug. 12-22, which sports the same four additional songs as on iTunes' deluxe version.

Predicting "Throne's" first week is tricky because of its unique release rollout. Traditionally, albums drop to all retailers on Tuesdays. However, "Throne" secured a Monday street date, but only through iTunes. So, its first four days of release will consist mostly of sales via Apple (with physical street-date violation sales mixed in), while the remaining three days of its first week will be a blend of physical and digital.

Jay-Z and Kanye West: A Bromance Timeline

Thus, because of the weird nature of "Throne's" release, stay tuned through the week for further news on its first-week sales pace.

Nielsen SoundScan's sales tracking week runs from Monday through Sunday. We'll have "Throne's" official first-week sales figure on Wednesday, Aug. 17.

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

Let me try to explain it:

Regular comes out on the 12th: (ONLY AT BEST BUY)
Regular comes out on the 23rd (EVERYWHERE ELSE)
Deluxe comes out on the 23rd (ONLY AT BEST BUY)
No disrespect but that's not what I read on billboard.com but there were a lot of complaints about this so I don't know if they made changes because of this. Amazon has the regular still up for Friday and the Deluxe for the 23rd. The Deluxe on Best Buys website says the 15th and the 23rd so I don't know. 
The 15th? And I didn't know about Amazon. These guys are confusing
laugh.gif
This was posted on Billboard.com today
Jay-Z & Kanye West's new collaboration album, "Watch the Throne," released today (Aug.
glasses.gif
exclusively through Apple's iTunes Store, is on track to sell at least 400,000 to 500,000 copies in its first week in the U.S., according to industry prognosticators. That would instantly become the second-largest sales week of the year, behind Lady Gaga's 1.1 million opener for "Born This Way."

'Watch the Throne': Billboard.com's Track-by-Track Review

"Watch the Throne," which miraculously didn't leak to the Web as so many eagerly-awaited albums have over the years, is exclusive to iTunes until Friday, Aug. 12. That's when all other retailers -- physical and digital -- will start selling "Watch." Of course, most brick-and-mortar retailers could opt to ignore the official street date and begin selling the CD as soon as they receive it, which may be as early as Wednesday.

Best Buy has the exclusive deluxe physical CD edition of the set from Aug. 12-22, which sports the same four additional songs as on iTunes' deluxe version.

Predicting "Throne's" first week is tricky because of its unique release rollout. Traditionally, albums drop to all retailers on Tuesdays. However, "Throne" secured a Monday street date, but only through iTunes. So, its first four days of release will consist mostly of sales via Apple (with physical street-date violation sales mixed in), while the remaining three days of its first week will be a blend of physical and digital.

Jay-Z and Kanye West: A Bromance Timeline

Thus, because of the weird nature of "Throne's" release, stay tuned through the week for further news on its first-week sales pace.

Nielsen SoundScan's sales tracking week runs from Monday through Sunday. We'll have "Throne's" official first-week sales figure on Wednesday, Aug. 17.

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

i get the digital release first, but I don't really understand the staggered release of the physical copy, why?

They gotta make the copies and put them in the stores... they obviously put off making the copies to prevent the leak

i get the digital release first, but I don't really understand the staggered release of the physical copy, why?

They gotta make the copies and put them in the stores... they obviously put off making the copies to prevent the leak

Soundscan. Dudes want to be #1 for 3 weeks
oh, now that's just greedy 
laugh.gif

Soundscan. Dudes want to be #1 for 3 weeks
oh, now that's just greedy 
laugh.gif

The Dream
Seal
Mr Hudson
Don Jazzy
Bankulli
Ricardo Louis
Kid Cudi
Ely Jackson
Connie Mitchell
Justin Vernon
Swizz Beatz
Acapella Soul
Aude Cardona
Jacob Lewis Smith
Charlie Wilson
Pete Rock

all have been credited for additional vocals most of them are on more then 1 song

Originally Posted by three2three

Frank Ocean is pointing and laughing at chris brown and his mixtape.

Being on the most anticipated album of the year>chris brown

pimp.gif

Where was cudi?

The Dream
Seal
Mr Hudson
Don Jazzy
Bankulli
Ricardo Louis
Kid Cudi
Ely Jackson
Connie Mitchell
Justin Vernon
Swizz Beatz
Acapella Soul
Aude Cardona
Jacob Lewis Smith
Charlie Wilson
Pete Rock

all have been credited for additional vocals most of them are on more then 1 song

Originally Posted by three2three

Frank Ocean is pointing and laughing at chris brown and his mixtape.

Being on the most anticipated album of the year>chris brown

pimp.gif

Where was cudi?

Ticketmaster link is finally working good now for me..

This whole release for the physical copy is confusing, I'm just going to check my Best Buy on Friday and hope they got that Deluxe version..

Ticketmaster link is finally working good now for me..

This whole release for the physical copy is confusing, I'm just going to check my Best Buy on Friday and hope they got that Deluxe version..

I'm heated right now! I still haven't got my email from ticketmaster with the code. I need this album now but I'm not going to waste more money buying it on ITunes when I'ma buy the hard copy when it comes out. Damn!

I'm heated right now! I still haven't got my email from ticketmaster with the code. I need this album now but I'm not going to waste more money buying it on ITunes when I'ma buy the hard copy when it comes out. Damn!

[h2]Production Credits[/h2]
No Church In The Wild feat. Frank Ocean
(K. West, S. Carter, C. Njapa, M. Dean, F. Ocean, G. Wright, J. Loudermilk, P. Manzanera. J. Brown, J. Roach)
Please Gimme My Publishing|EMI Blackwood Music Inc. (BMI)/EMI April Music, Inc.|Carter Boys Music (ASCAP)/Papa George Music (BMI)/EMI Blackwood Music (BMI)/Bug Music|Heavens Research (BMI)/Blue Mountain Music Ltd. o/b/o Catherine’s Peak Music (BMI)/Universal Songs of PolyGram International, Inc./Universal Cedarwood Publishing (BMI)/Universal Music-MGB Songs (ASCAP)/Dynatone Publishing Co. (BMI)/Intersong-USA (ASCAP)
Produced by 88-Keys for Keys Open Doors, LLC, Kanye West for Very Good Beats/Hip Hop since 1978, and Mike Dean for Dean’s List Productions

Lift Off feat. Beyoncé
(K. West, S. Carter, J. Bhasker, M. Dean, S. Samuel)
Please Gimme My Publishing|EMI Blackwood Music Inc. (BMI)/EMI April Music, Inc./Carter Boys Music (ASCAP)/Way Above Music (BMI)|Sony ATV Songs LLC (BMI)/Papa George Music (BMI)/SPZ Music Inc. (BMI)
Produced by Kanye West for Very Good Beats/Hip Hop since 1978, Jeff Bhasker, and Mike Dean for Dean’s List Productions
Additional Production by Q Tip and Don Jazzy
Recorded by Noah Goldstein at Barford Estate, Sydney, AU
Additional programming by LMFAO, Anthony Kilhoffer and Hit-Boy for Very Good Beats
Mixed by Noah Goldstein, Mike Dean, LMFAO and Anthony Kilhoffer at (The Mercer) Hotel, New York
Additional vocals: Seal, Mr Hudson, Don Jazzy, Bankulli and Ricardo Louis
Beyoncé appears courtesy of Columbia Records
Seal appears courtesy of Warner Bros. Records
[NFP: Kanye West, Shawn Carter, Jeff Bhasker, Mike Dean, Seal Henry Olusegun Olumide Adeola Samuel]

%#*%!* In Paris
(K. West, S. Carter, C. Hollis, M. Dean, W. A. Donaldson)
Please Gimme My Publishing|EMI Blackwood Music Inc. (BMI)/EMI April Music, Inc.|Carter Boys Music (ASCAP)/Hit-Boy Music/U Can’t Teach Bein the shhh/Songs of Universal (BMI)/Papa George Music (BMI)/Unichappell Music, Inc. (BMI)
Produced by Hit-Boy for Hit-Boy Music Inc./Very Good Beats and Kanye West for Very Good Beats/Hip Hop since 1978
Co-Produced by Mike Dean for Dean’s List Productions
Additional Production by Anthony Kilhoffer
Recorded by Noah Goldstein at Le Meurice, Paris, France
Mixed by Mike Dean for Dean’s List Productions and Anthony Kilhoffer at (The Mercer) Hotel, New York
[NFP: Kanye West, Shawn Carter, Chauncey Hollis, Mike Dean, W. A. Donaldson]

Otis feat. Otis Redding
(K. West, S. Carter, H. Woods, J. Campbell, R. Connelly, K. Robinson, R. Hammond, J. Brown, J. Roach)
Please Gimme My Publishing|EMI Blackwood Music Inc. (BMI)/EMI April Music, Inc.|Carter Boys Music (ASCAP)/EMI Robbins Catalog Inc. (ASCAP)/BMG Gold Songs/Hot Buttermilk Music, Inc. (ASCAP)/BMG Platinum Songs/First Priority Music (BMI)/Tufamerica Inc. d/b/a Swing Beat Songs (BMI)/Dynatone Publishing Co. (BMI)/Intersong-USA, Inc. (ASCAP)
Produced by Kanye West for Very Good Beats/Hip Hop since 1978
Recorded by Noah Goldstein at (The Mercer) Hotel, New York
Mixed by Anthony Kilhoffer at (The Mercer) Hotel, New York
[NFP: Kanye West, Shawn Carter, Harry Woods, Jimmy Campbell, Reg Connelly, Kirk Robinson, Roy Hammond, James Brown, Joseph Roach]

Gotta Have It
(K. West, S. Carter, P. Williams, J. Brown, J. Roach, F. Wesley, T. Pinckney)
Please Gimme My Publishing|EMI Blackwood Music, Inc. (BMI)/EMI April Music, Inc./Carter Boys Music (ASCAP)/More Water From Nazareth Publishing, Inc./EMI April Music, Inc. (ASCAP)/Dynatone Publishing Co. (BMI)/Intersong-USA, Inc. (ASCAP)/Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Music Inc./Donna Dijon Music Publications/Unichappell Music, Inc. (BMI)
Produced by The Neptunes
Co-Produced by Kanye West for Very Good Beats/Hip Hop since 1978
Recorded by Noah Goldstein at Tribeca Grand Hotel, NYC and (The Mercer) Hotel, New York
Mixed by Noah Goldstein and Mike Dean for Dean’s List Productions at (The Mercer) Hotel, New York
Additional vocals: Kid Cudi
Kid Cudi appears courtesy of Universal Motown Records
[NFP: Kanye West, Shawn Carter, Pharrell Williams, James Brown, Joseph Roach, Tony Pinckney, Fred Wesley]

New Day
(K. West, S. Carter, R. Diggs, M. Dean, L. Bricusse, A. Newley)
Please Gimme My Publishing|EMI Blackwood Music Inc. (BMI)/EMI April Music, Inc.|Carter Boys Music (ASCAP)/Ramecca Music|Universal Music-Careers Publishing (BMI)/Papa George Music (BMI)/Richmond Organization o/b/o Musical Comedy Productions (BMI)
Produced by The RZA, Kanye West for Very Good Beats/Hip Hop since 1978 and Mike Dean for Dean’s List Productions
Additional production by Ken Lewis
Recorded by Noah Goldstein at Le Meurice, Paris, France and Tribeca Grand, NYC
Mixed by Mike Dean for Dean’s List Productions at (The Mercer) Hotel, New York
Additional creative input: DJ Magnum
[NFP: Kanye West, Shawn Carter, Robert Diggs, Mike Dean, Leslie Bricusse, Anthony Newley]

That’s My ++%!@
(K. West, S. Carter, K. Fareed, J. Vernon, J. Brown, B. Byrd, R. Lenhoff, J. Lordan)
Please Gimme My Publishing|EMI Blackwood Music Inc. (BMI)/EMI April Music, Inc.|Carter Boys Music (ASCAP)/Universal Music-Z Tunes (ASCAP)/April Base Publishing|Chrysalis Music (ASCAP)/Crited Music, Inc. (BMI). All rights administed by Unichappell Music, Inc. (BMI)/Regent Music Corp. (BMI)
Produced by Q-Tip and Kanye West for Very Good Beats/Hip Hop since 1978
Additional Production by Jeff Bhasker
Recorded by Andrew Dawson, Mike Dean for Dean’s List Productions and Anthony Kilhoffer at Avex Recording Studio, Honolulu, HI
Assisted by Gaylord Holomalia and Christian Mochizuki
Mixed by Q-Tip and Blair Wells at MSR Studios, NYC
Assistant Engineer: Chris Soper
Additional vocals: Ely Jackson, Connie Mitchell and Justin Vernon
Justin Vernon appears courtesy of Jagjaguwar Records
[NFP: Kanye West, Shawn Carter, Kamaal Fareed, Justin Vernon, James Brown, Bobby Byrd, Ronald Lenhoff, Jeremiah Lordan]

Who Gon Stop Me
(K. West, S. Carter, S. Joseph, M. Dean, J. Kierkegaard)
Please Gimme My Publishing|EMI Blackwood Music, Inc. (BMI)/EMI April Music, Inc.|Carter Boys Music (ASCAP)/Sham Joseph Publishing Designee (BMI)/Papa George Music (BMI)/Sony/ATV Music Publishing (UK) Ltd. (PRS)
Produced by Sham “Sak Pase

[h2]Production Credits[/h2]
No Church In The Wild feat. Frank Ocean
(K. West, S. Carter, C. Njapa, M. Dean, F. Ocean, G. Wright, J. Loudermilk, P. Manzanera. J. Brown, J. Roach)
Please Gimme My Publishing|EMI Blackwood Music Inc. (BMI)/EMI April Music, Inc.|Carter Boys Music (ASCAP)/Papa George Music (BMI)/EMI Blackwood Music (BMI)/Bug Music|Heavens Research (BMI)/Blue Mountain Music Ltd. o/b/o Catherine’s Peak Music (BMI)/Universal Songs of PolyGram International, Inc./Universal Cedarwood Publishing (BMI)/Universal Music-MGB Songs (ASCAP)/Dynatone Publishing Co. (BMI)/Intersong-USA (ASCAP)
Produced by 88-Keys for Keys Open Doors, LLC, Kanye West for Very Good Beats/Hip Hop since 1978, and Mike Dean for Dean’s List Productions

Lift Off feat. Beyoncé
(K. West, S. Carter, J. Bhasker, M. Dean, S. Samuel)
Please Gimme My Publishing|EMI Blackwood Music Inc. (BMI)/EMI April Music, Inc./Carter Boys Music (ASCAP)/Way Above Music (BMI)|Sony ATV Songs LLC (BMI)/Papa George Music (BMI)/SPZ Music Inc. (BMI)
Produced by Kanye West for Very Good Beats/Hip Hop since 1978, Jeff Bhasker, and Mike Dean for Dean’s List Productions
Additional Production by Q Tip and Don Jazzy
Recorded by Noah Goldstein at Barford Estate, Sydney, AU
Additional programming by LMFAO, Anthony Kilhoffer and Hit-Boy for Very Good Beats
Mixed by Noah Goldstein, Mike Dean, LMFAO and Anthony Kilhoffer at (The Mercer) Hotel, New York
Additional vocals: Seal, Mr Hudson, Don Jazzy, Bankulli and Ricardo Louis
Beyoncé appears courtesy of Columbia Records
Seal appears courtesy of Warner Bros. Records
[NFP: Kanye West, Shawn Carter, Jeff Bhasker, Mike Dean, Seal Henry Olusegun Olumide Adeola Samuel]

%#*%!* In Paris
(K. West, S. Carter, C. Hollis, M. Dean, W. A. Donaldson)
Please Gimme My Publishing|EMI Blackwood Music Inc. (BMI)/EMI April Music, Inc.|Carter Boys Music (ASCAP)/Hit-Boy Music/U Can’t Teach Bein the shhh/Songs of Universal (BMI)/Papa George Music (BMI)/Unichappell Music, Inc. (BMI)
Produced by Hit-Boy for Hit-Boy Music Inc./Very Good Beats and Kanye West for Very Good Beats/Hip Hop since 1978
Co-Produced by Mike Dean for Dean’s List Productions
Additional Production by Anthony Kilhoffer
Recorded by Noah Goldstein at Le Meurice, Paris, France
Mixed by Mike Dean for Dean’s List Productions and Anthony Kilhoffer at (The Mercer) Hotel, New York
[NFP: Kanye West, Shawn Carter, Chauncey Hollis, Mike Dean, W. A. Donaldson]

Otis feat. Otis Redding
(K. West, S. Carter, H. Woods, J. Campbell, R. Connelly, K. Robinson, R. Hammond, J. Brown, J. Roach)
Please Gimme My Publishing|EMI Blackwood Music Inc. (BMI)/EMI April Music, Inc.|Carter Boys Music (ASCAP)/EMI Robbins Catalog Inc. (ASCAP)/BMG Gold Songs/Hot Buttermilk Music, Inc. (ASCAP)/BMG Platinum Songs/First Priority Music (BMI)/Tufamerica Inc. d/b/a Swing Beat Songs (BMI)/Dynatone Publishing Co. (BMI)/Intersong-USA, Inc. (ASCAP)
Produced by Kanye West for Very Good Beats/Hip Hop since 1978
Recorded by Noah Goldstein at (The Mercer) Hotel, New York
Mixed by Anthony Kilhoffer at (The Mercer) Hotel, New York
[NFP: Kanye West, Shawn Carter, Harry Woods, Jimmy Campbell, Reg Connelly, Kirk Robinson, Roy Hammond, James Brown, Joseph Roach]

Gotta Have It
(K. West, S. Carter, P. Williams, J. Brown, J. Roach, F. Wesley, T. Pinckney)
Please Gimme My Publishing|EMI Blackwood Music, Inc. (BMI)/EMI April Music, Inc./Carter Boys Music (ASCAP)/More Water From Nazareth Publishing, Inc./EMI April Music, Inc. (ASCAP)/Dynatone Publishing Co. (BMI)/Intersong-USA, Inc. (ASCAP)/Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Music Inc./Donna Dijon Music Publications/Unichappell Music, Inc. (BMI)
Produced by The Neptunes
Co-Produced by Kanye West for Very Good Beats/Hip Hop since 1978
Recorded by Noah Goldstein at Tribeca Grand Hotel, NYC and (The Mercer) Hotel, New York
Mixed by Noah Goldstein and Mike Dean for Dean’s List Productions at (The Mercer) Hotel, New York
Additional vocals: Kid Cudi
Kid Cudi appears courtesy of Universal Motown Records
[NFP: Kanye West, Shawn Carter, Pharrell Williams, James Brown, Joseph Roach, Tony Pinckney, Fred Wesley]

New Day
(K. West, S. Carter, R. Diggs, M. Dean, L. Bricusse, A. Newley)
Please Gimme My Publishing|EMI Blackwood Music Inc. (BMI)/EMI April Music, Inc.|Carter Boys Music (ASCAP)/Ramecca Music|Universal Music-Careers Publishing (BMI)/Papa George Music (BMI)/Richmond Organization o/b/o Musical Comedy Productions (BMI)
Produced by The RZA, Kanye West for Very Good Beats/Hip Hop since 1978 and Mike Dean for Dean’s List Productions
Additional production by Ken Lewis
Recorded by Noah Goldstein at Le Meurice, Paris, France and Tribeca Grand, NYC
Mixed by Mike Dean for Dean’s List Productions at (The Mercer) Hotel, New York
Additional creative input: DJ Magnum
[NFP: Kanye West, Shawn Carter, Robert Diggs, Mike Dean, Leslie Bricusse, Anthony Newley]

That’s My ++%!@
(K. West, S. Carter, K. Fareed, J. Vernon, J. Brown, B. Byrd, R. Lenhoff, J. Lordan)
Please Gimme My Publishing|EMI Blackwood Music Inc. (BMI)/EMI April Music, Inc.|Carter Boys Music (ASCAP)/Universal Music-Z Tunes (ASCAP)/April Base Publishing|Chrysalis Music (ASCAP)/Crited Music, Inc. (BMI). All rights administed by Unichappell Music, Inc. (BMI)/Regent Music Corp. (BMI)
Produced by Q-Tip and Kanye West for Very Good Beats/Hip Hop since 1978
Additional Production by Jeff Bhasker
Recorded by Andrew Dawson, Mike Dean for Dean’s List Productions and Anthony Kilhoffer at Avex Recording Studio, Honolulu, HI
Assisted by Gaylord Holomalia and Christian Mochizuki
Mixed by Q-Tip and Blair Wells at MSR Studios, NYC
Assistant Engineer: Chris Soper
Additional vocals: Ely Jackson, Connie Mitchell and Justin Vernon
Justin Vernon appears courtesy of Jagjaguwar Records
[NFP: Kanye West, Shawn Carter, Kamaal Fareed, Justin Vernon, James Brown, Bobby Byrd, Ronald Lenhoff, Jeremiah Lordan]

Who Gon Stop Me
(K. West, S. Carter, S. Joseph, M. Dean, J. Kierkegaard)
Please Gimme My Publishing|EMI Blackwood Music, Inc. (BMI)/EMI April Music, Inc.|Carter Boys Music (ASCAP)/Sham Joseph Publishing Designee (BMI)/Papa George Music (BMI)/Sony/ATV Music Publishing (UK) Ltd. (PRS)
Produced by Sham “Sak Pase

the album is good but with all the singing and extra vocalists in the songs....it waters down the sound...

the album is good but with all the singing and extra vocalists in the songs....it waters down the sound...

Back
Top Bottom