Kanye West: King of the Sunken Place, "Watch the Throne"

Now the road has ended. (There’s always the chance Ye could relaunch Yeezy on his own.) Five days ago Ye made his first post to Parler, the right wing social media site he agreed to acquire for an undisclosed amount after getting locked out of Twitter and Instagram. He quoted Romans 8:31.

“What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?”
This ends with 62 year old Dale in Iowa wearing Yeezys and that's sad and hilarious at the same time.

If the story was that Kayne made these comments 25 years ago when he was 20 and hadn't made anything close to them since, I'd have the same thoughts as I do about Eminem using that word 35 years ago. If Eminem was using that word today, my feelings would be different. As I said earlier, context matters.

I will say it's odd that a discussion of Ye has turned into "But hey what about the white guy from 35 years ago?"
u a funny guy :lol:

Without Adidas, Ye is worth $400 million. The remainder of Ye’s fortune, Forbes estimates, comes from real estate, cash, his music catalog, and a 5% stake in ex-wife Kim Kardashian’s shapewear firm, Skims. (A source close to Skims told Forbes Ye hasn’t been involved with the brand since its 2019 launch.)

Removing Ye from the billionaires’ list caps off a yearslong saga between the rapper and Forbes. Ye always felt his net worth was undervalued. When he first made the list in 2020, with an estimated $1 billion fortune, Ye wasn’t happy. “It’s not a billion,” he texted us at the time. “It’s $3.3 billion since no one at Forbes knows how to count.”

This pattern continued every year, with Ye continuing to complain about our low numbers. For this year’s valuation, Ye sent documents claiming his Adidas partnership alone was worth $4.3 billion. When Ye learned he would clock in at $2 billion overall, his unhappiness with Forbes leaked to the tabloids.

Losing Adidas was the final nail in Ye’s net worth coffin. GapGPS +2.5% terminated its Yeezy partnership in September. Earlier this month, JP Morgan reportedly unbanked Ye. French fashion house Balenciaga nixed their relationship with Ye on October 21, just weeks after he walked their runway at Paris Fashion Week.

Just yesterday production company MRC said it would not air a completed documentary on Ye and talent agency CAA, where Ye was signed, dumped him.

The two had been in partnership since 2013, when news of their Yeezy collaboration was announced. In the decade since, Ye’s ridden wave after wave of conflict—with Taylor Swift, with his former recording home Universal Music Group, and more recently on social media against Kardashian and her boyfriend at the time, SNL alum Pete Davidson.

Now the road has ended. (There’s always the chance Ye could relaunch Yeezy on his own.) Five days ago Ye made his first post to Parler, the right wing social media site he agreed to acquire for an undisclosed amount after getting locked out of Twitter and Instagram. He quoted Romans 8:31.

“What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?”

oh he's gonna be mad mad
attacking kanye's ego obviously hurts him the most

Screenshot 2022-10-25 at 10.22.02 AM.png

Its some zingers in there. “Thats what happens when a group of people stand up for themselves.”

:wow:

Niketalk needs to go back yo being NIKEtalk.

Again, the only way dude's comment didn't get checked is because he usually runs with the crew that would check someone for that.

If it was Delk or Osh those same folks would have been writing novels.

Last edited:
From the Yeezy thread :lol: damn these guys go all out to justify how much they paid for their ugly Yeezy shoes.

Apparently going on 13 years (I’m counting from that embarrassing Taylor Swift incident) worth of rampages of buffoonery, racism, and all types of ignorant behavior is a “mistake”.

Please elaborate on how/why you quoting my post when i was GENERALLY SPEAKING in one specific thread “justify how much they paid for their ugly Yeezy shoes”? Just because someone posts in specific threads doesn’t mean they automatically support whatever topic or discussion is taking place

I will NEVER condone racist behavior of any kind nor violence unless provoked or assaulted, but is a person not allowed to make a mistake or mistakes? I’m sure you’ve made mistakes in your life as I have and everyone else that has ever lived.

I will NEVER condone racist behavior of any kind nor violence unless provoked or assaulted, but is a person not allowed to make a mistake or mistakes? I’m sure you’ve made mistakes in your life as I have and everyone else that has ever lived.
When enablers respond with this every time
giphy (1).gif

I wonder how Ye is gonna carry himself now that his net worth has drastically decreased. I dont see money as a true judge of value but he does. So I wonder if he will still have that, "I wont take advice from ppl broker than me", energy.

Please elaborate on how/why you quoting my post when i was GENERALLY SPEAKING in one specific thread “justify how much they paid for their ugly Yeezy shoes”? Just because someone posts in specific threads doesn’t mean they automatically support whatever topic or discussion is taking place

I’ve never mistakenly issued racial slurs, death threats, conspiracy theories, etc. against any group in my life, regardless of my age, mood, or alcohol consumption. What type of “mistakes” have you been making to come up with this response…

I wonder: In big cities were sneaker culture is huge, would you actually get called out for wearing Yeezys now? I live in frigin KY, but I’m going to visit my sister at college in NYC in a month or so, and I don’t wanna get jumped

If you want to wear the shoe, wear the shoe.
Why are you worried about what others think?
Nobody is going to say anything to your face about it.

Be like the restof the NTers and wear them in silence.

Nobody cares . trust.

I’ve never mistakenly issued racial slurs, death threats, conspiracy theories, etc. against any group in my life, regardless of my age, mood, or alcohol consumption. What type of “mistakes” have you been making to come up with this response…

DUDE/CHICK, I said generally speaking! Do you know what that means? I never said Kanye or anyone else should get a pass for saying those things. I said we all make mistakes, again GENERALLY SPEAKING. You’re reading my post in a specific thread like I’m defending a person instead of reading the post.

Lets not kid ourselves, most people bought shoes to impress other people.

Before we even get there: Is it ok to listen to covers of R.Kelly’s music?

DUDE/CHICK, I said generally speaking! Do you know what that means? I never said Kanye or anyone else should get a pass for saying those things. I said we all make mistakes, again GENERALLY SPEAKING. You’re reading my post in a specific thread like I’m defending a person instead of reading the post.
?????

You’re the one talking specifically about his racist and anti-Semitic comments in a Yeezy thread and then saying “BUT we all make mistakes”. How are you blaming me for that :lol:

?????

You’re the one talking specifically about his racist comments and then saying “BUT we all make mistakes”. How are you blaming me for that :lol:

Because you’re acting like you’re perfect and dont make mistakes. People make mistakes! People say regrettable or non-regrettable things. If you’ve ever followed kanye you’d know that hes been controversial since his first single. He’s always been rebellious and against what alot of us would perceive as normal society.

Yeah difference is though if you make mistakes you are suppose to learn from those especially as adults. Does Kanye look like someone who is remorseful? He is only going to double down from here and make the conspiracy network rounds.

Yeah difference is though if you make mistakes you are suppose to learn from those especially as adults. Does Kanye look like someone who is remorseful? He is only going to double down from here and make the conspiracy network rounds.

TOTALLY AGREE!! And I’ve never said that i agree with what he says or i justify his actions. As an artist His music is creatively off the charts, but the person inside of him to a demon

Back
Top Bottom