Kanye's Inspiration...Vol Don't Kill The Messenger

creative? yes, but many other sampling producers do similar things that span across multiple genres and cultures. not to say it's not appreciated, but somepeople are acting like they've never heard of sampling before.

It's amazing AND disappointing at the same time

Amazing as to where the inspiration is from

Disappointing because I thought he was alot more original than that

The people he sampled had to use pure creativity and a part of me would like to see Kanye do the same

Originally Posted by All Ready

The people he sampled had to use pure creativity and a part of me would like to see Kanye do the same

i feel you, who in here wants to deny that statement? you dudes givin him way too much credit just cuz yall love him so much.

he good a flippin a old track but damn..................i feel like that video didnt even show all the tracks he sampled.

what about guess who bizzack? with scarface, jay an them? that sampled?
whats the story on down and out with cam again? he took that from somebody?

i love both them tracks, but yea this dude must pay out a lot of money when he makes an album.

it is what it is he appreciated but All Ready i def agree with you.

Great post!
pimp.gif

I mean I knew his music was heavily sampled but on a few of these all he really did was add a drum pattern to the OG beat

This def took the "magic" outta "his" beats for me but I don't ignore the logic that good music is good music

Timberland had a similar video and lets just say that the replies weren't the same

damn i thought this thread was dead....thanks for the resuscitation
pimp.gif

lurkin....thanks for the info!!!

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

i feel you, who in here wants to deny that statement? you dudes givin him way too much credit just cuz yall love him so much.

he good a flippin a old track but damn..................i feel like that video didnt even show all the tracks he sampled.

i love both them tracks, but yea this dude must pay out a lot of money when he makes an album.

i saw this on kanylive..and do who made it say the video op posted is songs that were just kanyes..not songs he produced for other people that hadsamples in them

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

Chopping samples is what it is. You make it sound like anybody can make these beats. It's creative in its own right. Look at Pete Rock, RZA,Dre, J Dilla, Madlib, I could go on. Sampling is hip hop.

great vid and post. but i dont think it has all the beats he did for other ppl. if so, that vid would be much longer. still cool none the less.

I concur. I always wanted to know where that Last Call sample was from.

My feelings EXACTLY
tired.gif
I'mthinking he's making all these great beats on his own, when in actuality, they're merely 'refurbished'. It's OD that son's entirecatalog is somebody else's catalog
smh.gif

And this is coming from a Kanye fan.

Back
Top Bottom