Kawhi Leonard New Balance

Me and the homie played pick up at a real dusty 24hr court. I copped a Men's sz. 9 they seem to run TTS. I really enjoyed mine, but it takes a while for me to break in any shoes, so I switched to my trusty Kyrie 6's with the straps cut off when my arches were killing me. I have a feeling they will break in nicely after a couple more runs. My homie, that is way faster than me, found himself slipping a few times.
I found the Kawhi's pretty comfortable, they remind me of the Kobe ad NXT 360 cushion/ court feel wise, but a mid version. The upper is pretty supportive I dont feel myself going over the footbed. Although I did not slip in my K2's like my homie did, I still hope the grip breaks in like my omni's did, those got pretty grippy.
20220326_110347.jpg

It took me a couple of outdoor sessions, maybe 20-30 mins each, of just shooting and running a little to get them sticky. Their is something about the two wxy that feels slick until you wear them in.
Yes exactly. Can’t get a bite/squeak on a clean indoor court yet. Wore to shoot around yesterday for a bit. Maybe outdoors to scuff up the rubber is the way.

My weekly league court can be inconsistent, so nervous to use them yet without a backup. Jordan 34 low has been the go to. Godly shoe

I will say - I always keep a Two Wxy on my bag, but if it’s dry and dusty I do slip (there is no finish on our 24 court - just smooth wood - so with no humidity it’s like tile). The only shoe I have never had slip on this court are the Jordan 28, lebron 16, kd14, pg3. Even the “god-like” FLOW on curry/FUTR slips of its dry.

My moneys aren't BBF friendly. The inside arches hurt so I guess I'm out on the 2s. Still want to try the Two Wxy IIs but even though they play great the cushion was lacking. I'll be interested to see what they cook up for LaVine since I like to see what shoes high flyers gravitate to.

Ran about 4 full court pickup games this past Wednesday. And I have to say the Kawhi 2 is amazing. The softness of the upper and breathability was surprisingly good. Feet never got hot. I like the medium height with these as well.
Overall a great indoor shoe.

Hooped in these the first time today for about 2 hours. Felt pretty great. Little bit of a break in, needed to sit after a few games. Silent shoes, but traction was good(I know some people care). I thought they ran a little warm but not the end of the world. If any thoughts change I’ll post.

Back
Top Bottom