KC Chiefs player kills girlfriend, then commits suicide at team facility

In no way am I excusing Belcher, but it sounds like he had a bird on his hands. This is one of them occasions where the dude lost control after getting mentally abused by a woman. He is an absolute coward for what he did, but damn if I can't "understand" to a degree after reading that report up there.

Women are manipulative and conniving. I know the focus of this story should be on "domestic violence" but it sounds like Belcher never touched her up until that tragic day. Yes, you have to be more man than that but to act like his wife wasn't at fault is laughable.

I see it from time to time in my marriage. You do everything you think you should and every now and then it's "not good enough" because women will be women. They sometimes have to be reminded of how much both sides sacrifice. Mature people talk through it and resolve their issues and I have the strongest relationship of anyone I know. It sounds like Belcher and his wife tried to reconcile but the birdness was consistent and ruthless.

Someone tell me they can't see this chick saying she's gonna take him for all his money? Using the baby as collateral for Belcher to accept verbal abuse and forcing him to deal with ratchetness. One last time she said the wrong thing and set off what sounds like a hungover, raging mammoth of a human being. Again, the guy was a coward, punk and selfish ******e for what he did. But after hearing more of these reports, the focus being on this "poor woman" is concerning.

In my opinion, both sides contributed to this tragedy and the child was the victim. Belcher's wife didn't realize the kind of effect her words had on her husband. I'm not painting him as a victim, but damn if I'm gonna sit here and excuse her. Ultimately, it is his fault for not putting his daughter first.

Last edited:
In no way am I excusing Belcher, but it sounds like he had a bird on his hands. This is one of them occasions where the dude lost control after getting mentally abused by a woman. He is an absolute coward for what he did, but damn if I can't "understand" to a degree after reading that report up there.
Women are manipulative and conniving. I know the focus of this story should be on "domestic violence" but it sounds like Belcher never touched her up until that tragic day. Yes, you have to be more man than that but to act like his wife wasn't at fault is laughable.
I see it from time to time in my marriage. You do everything you think you should and every now and then it's "not good enough" because women will be women. They sometimes have to be reminded of how much both sides sacrifice. Mature people talk through it and resolve their issues and I have the strongest relationship of anyone I know. It sounds like Belcher and his wife tried to reconcile but the birdness was consistent and ruthless.
Someone tell me they can't see this chick saying she's gonna take him for all his money? Using the baby as collateral for Belcher to accept verbal abuse and forcing him to deal with ratchetness. One last time she said the wrong thing and set off what sounds like a hungover, raging mammoth of a human being. Again, the guy was a coward, punk and selfish ******e for what he did. But after hearing more of these reports, the focus being on this "poor woman" is concerning.
In my opinion, both sides contributed to this tragedy and the child was the victim. Belcher's wife didn't realize the kind of effect her words had on her husband. I'm not painting him as a victim, but damn if I'm gonna sit here and excuse her. Ultimately, it is his fault for not putting his daughter first.

No offense, but you kinda are excusing Belcher's actions.

No he's not.  He called him a punk, coward, and selfish.  He blamed Belcher.  He's just saying he's not 100% at fault maybe 97% at fault. 

Women are button pushers man.  I said a couple pages ago that you never know the dynamics of a relationship.  It looks like they had issues and thats a 2 way street.  Some women think they can say or do whatever without consequence.  Dude has no excuse and should've shown restraint but if you combine all the ingredients in this case you can get a terrible outcome.

Last edited:
:lol: at "button pushers".

Those buttons can only be pushed as much as you allow them to.

And if you can't see past that and reflect on your own life, your significant others', your child's life, and the lives of yours and their loved ones, I have a hard time having sympathy for you.

laugh.gif
at "button pushers".

And if you can't see past that and reflect on your own life, your significant others', your child's life, and the lives of yours and their loved ones, I have a hard time having sympathy for you.
You must've never been a real relationship man. 

NOBODY IS MAKING AN EXCUSE FOR MURDER/ We are giving reasons to why an unstable man would blow up like this.  She played a part....a small part but a part.  Same with McNair man.  Sad situation but he played a part in his own demise. 

No he's not.  He called him a punk, coward, and selfish.  He blamed Belcher.  He's just saying he's not 100% at fault maybe 97% at fault. 

Women are button pushers man.  I said a couple pages ago that you never know the dynamics of a relationship.  It looks like they had issues and thats a 2 way street.  Some women think they can say or do whatever without consequence.  Dude has no excuse and should've shown restraint but if you combine all the ingredients in this case you can get a terrible outcome.

He also pretty definitively stated, "This is one of them occasions where the dude lost control after getting mentally abused by a woman." She may be a bird or whatever ese but that's a pretty huge leap. If it's true that he broke a window in college over a female, it sounds like she didn't need to be abusive for him to lose control.

He definitely does paint her as being at fault...no matter what her intentions were, she still didn't pull the trigger and leave her child without parents. There's no coming back from that.

I don't think women are without fault or put them on a pedestal to any extent but damn if a lot of NTers don't have some serious built up issues. Instead of just saying it's something in them that brings out the worst in y'all, maybe there's something in you that attracts this type or you also bring out the worst in them.

:lol: at "button pushers".

Agreed.

Belcher did the most selfish/disgusting thing imaginable. Leaving his daughter w/o ANY parents because of uncontrolled rage.

Yall got to stop pointing the finger at these women for everything and take a second and look at yourself in the mirror and ask "what can I do differently?"

I agree also w. SoS in that there seems to be a lot of NTers on here with some SERIOUS issues in dealing w/ the opposite sex. It's either that, or some internet tough-guy bravado front.

Last edited:
heart goes out to all

IF the mother was a mess (and clearly the father had some huge faults) then maybe its better the daughter is now an orphan.

good win for the chiefs. they needed that WAY more than any member of the nfc east

NOBODY IS MAKING AN EXCUSE FOR MURDER/ We are giving reasons to why an unstable man would blow up like this.  She played a part....a small part but a part.  Same with McNair man.  Sad situation but he played a part in his own demise. 

No, never. I'm not Puerto Rican. I'm not from NY. I've never dated a Latin woman. From NY.

I didn't live in Miami for several years. I never hung out with "dancers" from Miami. I don't know anything about "button pushers".

I've never had a woman attack me and had to put her in a submission hold til' she chilled the **** out.

I'm not married with kids.

Real relationship? Who me? Never.

**** atta here dog. I have a wife. I have a child. Do you? Are you going to talk to me about what a man with a woman and child deals with? **** atta here.

You said it yourself. "unstable man". That's on the man. What does that have to do with you and your so called "button pushing"?

Steve McNair was killed by a crazy woman. His mistress.

Why on earth are you even bringing that up? This dude killed the mother of his child and himself. That's comparable to you?

Last edited:
I just don't understand how a father could leave his child behind forever. 
indifferent.gif

If he could have made it another year, I think he would have become even more attached to his daughter and wouldn't have offed himself due to this.

NT parents know what I mean.... You love your child when they are born and everything, but your bond only grows after spending day after day with them.  My daughter is almost 2 years old and can't even fathom hurting myself or my fiance even if my fiance totally ished on me.

RIP to both
tired.gif

At least it seems like their daughter will be raised by decent, loving human beings.  I wonder if Jamaal Charles, wifey, and co. try and adopt the youngin? 

No, never. I'm not Puerto Rican. I'm not from NY. I've never dated a Latin woman. From NY.

I didn't live in Miami for several years. I never hung out with "dancers" from Miami. I don't know anything about "button pushers".

I've never had a woman attack me and had to put her in a submission hold til' she chilled the **** out.

I'm not married with kids.

Real relationship? Who me? Never.

**** atta here dog. I have a wife. I have a child. Do you? Are you going to talk to me about what a man with a woman and child deals with? **** atta here.

You said it yourself. "unstable man". That's on the man. What does that have to do with you and your so called "button pushing"?

Steve McNair was killed by a crazy woman. His mistress.

Why on earth are you even bringing that up? This dude killed the mother of his child and himself. That's comparable to you?
Calm down man

My point is.  Unstable people need to be around somebody thats stable.  Ol' girl was meeting his unstable behavior with "button pushing" woman logic.  Not a good idea.  You are putting yourself in his shoes saying "im stable I know how to react" well he's not stable. Alot of woman think its cool to get a rise out of a dude because they can.  Well she paid the price. You peek over that cliff one day you might fall. 

Oh and how can Steve McNair get killed by a mistress if he doesn't have a mistress?  He spent time and money on that girl and tried to leave her.  Like Belchers girl he played with fire man.  99% you don't killed but they did

Calm down man

Ol' girl was meeting his unstable behavior with "button pushing" woman logic.  Not a good idea.  Well she paid the price. You peek over that cliff one day you might fall. 

Where are you getting this info?

You come with this "button pushers" madness. Blaming the victim. Where is there any indication that she pushed his buttons?

I haven't seen any. So where is this coming from? You projecting your own issues with women on this situation? Show me something.

All we know is she went to a Trey Songs concert the night before, came home at 1am and he was mad. And they argued. Married couples do it every day, B.

That's button pushing?

That's ridiculous. Why would you even come with that nonsense? You have absolutely NO basis for believing that she pushed his buttons and this was the result.

I don't need to know why what happened happened. All I'm commenting on is what happened. Not imagining things.

Unstable people that will pick up a gun and put 9 in the mother of their child don't need to be around anybody.

Oh, so you were comparing McNair and the baby's mother? Didn't seem that way initially. And for the record, until we get more details, those situations are still not at all comparable.

Did you read the article?   He was quoted saying "don't talk to me like that" and they were already having problems.  This has nothing to do with my "issues" with women Dr. Phil.  I just know how real things can get for some people

I read the article. THAT is your basis for "button pushing"? I literally just laughed out loud.

So let's take what's in the article at face value. They were arguing because she got home at 1am after hanging out with friends at a Trey Songs show. So who is pushing who's "buttons"?

If you're going to take that one line he supposedly said and extract "button pushing" from that, especially knowing that they were arguing about when she got home, more power to you.

Maybe it's you that's never been in a real relationship. You and your "ol girl" slick talk definitely sound like you might be projecting.

Seems like you're reading a lot into a little. Not how I would read it. So......

Dr. Phil out.

Last edited:
You trying so hard to put ME in the situation.  I'm good.  I'm respected by my woman.  But I also understand that in many situations its not like that.  I've seen plenty in my years on this earth.  I think is interesting you wont place not .000000000001 blame on the girl for esculating the incident.  We don't know the facts.  My whole point is this doesn't sound like a man who just made a decesion to kill without added influence.

I've been with homies and seen a woman verbally abuse them.  I've seen dudes straight Ike Turner their girl too. I've also seen two normal adults resolve situations with good communication.  My point is this Belcher relationship had its issues. 

You trying so hard to put ME in the situation.  I'm good.  I'm respected by my woman.  But I also understand that in many situations its not like that.  I've seen plenty in my years on this earth.  I think is interesting you wont place not .000000000001 blame on the girl for esculating the incident.   We don't know the facts.  My whole point is this doesn't sound like a man who just made a decesion to kill without added influence.

I've been with homies and seen a woman verbally abuse them.  I've seen dudes straight Ike Turner their girl too. I've also seen two normal adults resolve situations with good communication.  My point is this Belcher relationship had its issues. 
I think dudes in here are stating Murder is no resolve to any tricking that may have taken place with said wife.

No one is perfect in a relationship.  men and women say things and do things they shouldn't, but homicide is never justifiable IMO unless in self defense.

So she said she was going to take him for his $$$?  She probably did.  But that doesn't give him the right to take her life.

You trying so hard to put ME in the situation.  I'm good.  I'm respected by my woman.  But I also understand that in many situations its not like that.  I've seen plenty in my years on this earth.  I think is interesting you wont place not .000000000001 blame on the girl for esculating the incident.  We don't know the facts.  My whole point is this doesn't sound like a man who just made a decesion to kill without added influence.

All relationships have issues. There are at least 5 dudes in every barbershop dealing with what Belcher and this young lady were going through and more...there simply is no excuse to kill her and himself.

Sounds like they BOTH were immature, sounds like they BOTH contributed to the situation, but NEITHER of them said or did anything that deserved death at the hands of the other. So nah..I don't buy that she contributed to this at all. If you let a woman "push your buttons" to the point where you want to hit or kill her. YOU ARE A WEAK, COWARD! I would only think about giving Belcher a pass if she molested that kid or threatened his or that kids life. Outside of that (as I said earlier) b**** move by Belcher.

Last edited:
I think is interesting you wont place not .000000000001 blame on the girl for esculating the incident.  We don't know the facts. 

I think it is interesting that you are looking to place any amount of blame on a person who was shot 9 times......when we don't know the facts.

If "we don't know the facts", why would I blame her at all? This seems to say a lot about how differently we view things. Your mind places blame on the murdered woman. My mind places blame on the murderer.

Who hurt you?

You know what facts we do know? She caught 9 slugs. Pretty easy to place some blame there.

I've always had this theory about men and women. Women in my eyes are very emotional. I've dealt with enough of them. I know this. They do not always make rational decisions. So I let them go off. I let them be "verbally abusive" if they want to be. If they try to swing, they get wrapped up.

So what would I be if I went "Ike Turner" on her? I'd be stooping to her level. Nah son. I fight dudes twice my size in the gym. And I'm going to hit a woman? **** atta here.

As sad as it sounds, and as much of a ***** move as I think it is to put hands on a woman, I would have respected him more if he clocked her, or even pistol whipped her.

They'd probably both still be alive and that child would have it's parents. Shifting the blame from anyone BUT the person who is ultimately responsible for all of this is ridiculous to me, FOR NOW, when....."we don't know the facts".

Last edited:
If you let a woman "push your buttons" to the point where you want to hit or kill her. YOU ARE A WEAK, COWARD! I would only think about giving Belcher a pass if she molested that kid or threatened his or that kids life. Outside of that (as I said earlier) b**** move by Belcher.

Word.

Last edited:
Did you read the article?   He was quoted saying "don't talk to me like that" and they were already having problems.  This has nothing to do with my "issues" with women Dr. Phil.  I just know how real things can get for some people

How do you know "Don't talk to me like that" didn't have more to do with him being controlling than her pushing his buttons? I'm not even saying it's necessarily the case but I'm not the one who made an assumption. I mean, dude shot her multiple times. For whatever reason, his fuse what likely short...a rational person doesn't do that.

I think people arguing over the blame game have to think about this for one second. If she doesn't say a word to Belcher, are they both alive today?

The point is, she could have said some ****** up **** to dude. If you read through this thread I was bashing Belcher worse than anyone. Then I started to hear about the type of women that he was dealing with and took a step back.

You come home hungover (your fault), get mad at your girl for being out late (your fault), argue in front of your daughter (both at fault), get told something like "you have a little wiener and i wish Trey Songz got me pregnant instead of you," (her fault), kill her (your fault), kill yourself (your fault).

Obviously, people shouldnt expect someone to kill them over words, but words carry a lot of weight in this world for some reason. If some white dude called a black guy the n-word and the black dude snapped and killed him, some people may see the reason why.

Again, I'm not saying either situation is justified, but I "see the reason why" dude may have snapped. Doesn't change the fact I think he had a uterus for a reproductive organ.

Back
Top Bottom