KENDRICK LAMAR: "GOOD KID M.A.A.D CITY"

Man u know Macklemore will probably bag up mad grammys just because of the gay equality track
Right 
mean.gif
 And then NT will overlook that and say it's cause he's white.

If he beats K.Dot on any category I'll be furious. 

Just the fact that he's nominated for ALBUM OF THE YEAR is a pleasant surprise. 

This isn't like getting nominated for a specific category within a musical subculture.  This is a rap album being nominated for AOTY at the Grammys.  That's huge. 

Been trying to listen to GKMC some more but I really just can't get into it. As in I don't like it at all. That being said he's an amazing luricist and extremely talented.

:lol: Damn K. Lookin like that uncle that hits on females at the family reunion only to find out they're his nieces.

I hope Kanye rushes the stage if Macklemore wins anything over K.

Last edited:
I mean, I guess Macklemoore is a rapper. It just annoys me how much recognition he gets on a mainstream level. I guess that's why it's called mainstream.

But there is just SOOOOO much better hip hop and rap music out there. And much better white rappers. But mainstream America loves there pop music :-/

I'm going to listen to his album on Spotify with a unbiased ear
When you're done listening, come back and report your findings.  I'm curious to see what an open-minded unbiased fan of rap thinks of the album.  And I don't wanna hear it and you've already volunteered so...yeah.  Let us know. 

I'm going to listen to his album on Spotify with a unbiased ear

When you're done listening, come back and report your findings.  I'm curious to see what an open-minded unbiased fan of rap thinks of the album.  And I don't wanna hear it and you've already volunteered so...yeah.  Let us know. 

So from what I heard, it is indeed a rap album. In my opinion, shouldn't be nominated but it's not bad .. decent for a first album. A lot of the songs tell a story, it's not just lyrics put together trying to rhyme. The production is top notch though and I would listen to it before Yeezus :lol: 3/5

Grammys dont even show rap category on TV

I hope K Dot wins so we can be represented at the show but I know Macklemore will win because white America loves Thrift Shop and Can't Hold Us

Songs were in every sporting event and movie trailer . . . you win over white America with 2 or 3 songs and you will be eating off of royalties for a while

Grammys dont even show rap category on TV​

I hope K Dot wins so we can be represented at the show but I know Macklemore will win because white America loves Thrift Shop and Can't Hold Us​

Songs were in every sporting event and movie trailer . . . you win over white America with 2 or 3 songs and you will be eating off of royalties for a while​

They do when it's beneficial. Wayne won his RAOTY on TV

don't even get me started with the Grammy's showings
laugh.gif
metal categories are on the night before with about 30 people in the audience
laugh.gif
don't bother watching it, I'd prolly check the next day on Wikipedia for results

Right :smh:  And then NT will overlook that and say it's cause he's white.

If he beats K.Dot on any category I'll be furious. 

... is that wrong tho...

I mean I call it like I see and anytime a white rapper is HALF decent **** gets thrown at him. I *** wit' Mack but c'mon dude be HONEST that album didn't have nearly as much depth as K.dot's.

Back
Top Bottom