KENDRICK LAMAR: "GOOD KID M.A.A.D CITY"

No need to apologize my man.
happy.gif

I appreciate your review and your post. Repped.
glasses.gif

Very well thought out and accurate. Thank you for the contribution. I agree with many things you said, especially about not caring for Kendrick at first. I was like Kendrick Who? Yeah yeah big deal...
1 year later, I'm over here jammin his album with a big ***
sick.gif
on my face.
mean.gif
Can't believe how amazing this music is.
smokin.gif

nthat.gif
Ya man... Kendrick killed this ****...

Still listen to Section .80 tracks almost daily, but i can see this gettin' even more play, 'cause the mood is brighter, and the music is more polished in my opinion...

dat hook on Money Trees though....
smokin.gif
Exactly what i said sold me on the track, soon as i heard that part...

I mean every hook on this is executed very well, or is flat out GREAT

I wanna know what you guys think about Kendrick's hook game on this compared to the likes of Drake now and 50 a few years back...'cause in my honest opinion, if this is what Kendrick is gonna give us from here on, he is showing the potential to be put up there with those two's hook/song writing abilities.  It's early but that is the standout of this album- the hooks that match the production seemlessly

The standout of this album has to be the hook/songwriting...

Listened to the bonus tracks as well and god damn Mary J! i thought i was in the late 90's listening to Now or Never...

Playing the album back...on Peer Pressure... this **** is TOO sick. the whole track is crazy, but 1:08-end is on another level...so much truth spoken when it comes to being with people you consider "homies" 

I like it. I'm espeically suprised that the beats arent bad, cause I've never really been a fan of his beat selection. Gonna have to listen to it a few more times to get a solid opinion of it but so far its
pimp.gif

this guy sucks, leave it to you NTers to hype everything up smh and we wonder why the sneaker game is messed up Lil B and Riff Raff is 10X better than this clown

as much as i loved undun, this album is nice after one spin..

Agreed. This is definitely dope!

"Sing About Me" is simply amazing....really great song. Someone earlier had posted that might be some of the best verses Kendrick ever wrote in a song and I may have to agree with that statement.

There really are no bad songs on this album or tracks that I automatically want to skip. The only song I would say will have to take awhile to grow on me is "Real". I love the verses on that track...but the hook is a bit weak to me.

Agreed. This is definitely dope!
"Sing About Me" is simply amazing....really great song. Someone earlier had posted that might be some of the best verses Kendrick ever wrote in a song and I may have to agree with that statement.
There really are no bad songs on this album or tracks that I automatically want to skip. The only song I would say will have to take awhile to grow on me is "Real". I love the verses on that track...but the hook is a bit weak to me.

The significance of the gun shots in the first verse and the fading out of the second verse. I got chills listening to the sh** B.... Real life chills

This is a great album. Kendrick really put together a movie. The concept, the lyrics and the production everything is on point. I'm putting Cartoons & Cereal and Westside Right On Time somewhere on here.

This is a great album. Kendrick really put together a movie. The concept, the lyrics and the production everything is on point. I'm putting Cartoons & Cereal and Westside Right On Time somewhere on here.
I did the same thing, I put Cartoons and Cereal on the bonus disc

Real is responsibility. Real is takin care of ya mutha****n family. Real is God...n_...

Last edited:
^I wonder if Cartoon & Cereal was ever intended to be the intro for this album.

The significance of the gun shots in the first verse and the fading out of the second verse. I got chills listening to the sh** B.... Real life chills

Yeah man. I played that song about 6 times this morning. I too loved the use of the gun shots and the fading out of the verse about Keisha's sister.

Sucks that this is probably past the Grammy deadline it would probably win hip hop album of the year

I think Target may have extra bonus tracks. So I'm gonna go cop from there on Monday. On their website it says the deluxe has 3 bonus tracks plus 2 more bonus tracks

I'm really happy for Kendrick for this album. Dude killed everything about it. I'm glad he got to do what he wanted. Also happy Lady Gaga wasn't on the album. He should get sales regardless. As much as I wan't to listen again I'll wait.

Back
Top Bottom