KENDRICK LAMAR: "GOOD KID M.A.A.D CITY"

This is up there with Channel Orange for AOTY. Absolute f***ing classic. Very strong lyricism, dope beats, and good replayability.

I feel like know that everyone has heard it and I posted it weeks ago when I first heard the album but "Money Trees" is such a ******g amazing song. I don't feel like people are really understanding how perfectly meshed the tone,lyrics and production is. It perfectly conveys the disparity of being broke and young and disparate so well when I first heard it I Damn near shed a tear at the line " freestyle verse just to free our mind" when I was like Piss Piss poor me and my ex used to fresstyle and sing songs because we had no electricity or nothing so we would **** around and make music just to play around and take the air out of the extremely dark situation we were in. Part of the reason I love kendricks music so much is because I can identity with so many of the themes growing up in la and being a good dude in the wrong crowd.

Really excited for this. I promised to myself that my first listen would be when i got the CD and some henny xo but now i'm kinda anxious to download the album already.

You guys are catching the spiritual undertones throughout right? Some of it was found on Section 80 as well. Google "Yabish" :nerd:

Give this album 4 out of 5, skip only a few tracks, very good.

People say classic after one day lol

Give this album 4 out of 5, skip only a few tracks, very good.
People say classic after one day lol
My sentiments exactly. Could possibly upgrade to 4.5 depending on how it holds up over time. No less than a 4 though. Very good debut.

it dont sound like Kendrick wrote recorded 50 songs and picked the best ones.

I feel took mAAd time creating the part of the story he wanted to tell, broke the story down into concepts and themes which are represented by each song, added skits to support the concepts and tie in the themes into narrative and wrote dope vivid lyrics that depicted the detailed thoughts and events that make up the story. made sure beats were sik, to fit the mood and message of the song. also not soundng repetitive but cohesive with the full body of work. then you gotta make sure they story is told, clearly, each song stands on its own, hot beats/chroruses/lyrics, skits help n not hurt, different moods and emotions are represented, and gota make sure its all hot and well recieved. Kendrick definitely earned my 12

Damn the temptation is real. Got to try dig deep and try to save this to my henny xo listening moment.

Damn this album is good. Kendrick really didn't disappoint at all. Way to early to call it a classic, but i feel like this will really hold up.

AHHHHHHHHHHH MUST. NOT. DOWNLOAD. WILL. WAIT. TILL OCT 22. :smh: the suspense is killing me bros but I promised myself I wont listen to a damn thing until the 22nd.....just reading people's comments on songs and on the album

Y'all wasting your life by not listening to this. What if you die tomorrow? You'd never hear this piece of art. Think about it. And download it :evil:

Not like you cant still buy it on Tuesday.

break it down like you did that latest episode of boardwalk.

nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom