KENDRICK LAMAR: "GOOD KID M.A.A.D CITY"

Onto more positive news, first week sales are actually projected between 225k - 240k. In a year that Ross did 218k and 2 Chainz 147k, it shows that you don't have to be the hottest rapper to sell records. Quality music and a loyal fan base >>>>>

Even better than the 200k estimate :smokin :smokin This should go Gold no problem, b/c it will get exposure to even more people in the coming weeks due to all the hype afterward (deservedly so )...is this sleeper for a possible grammy nomination?

Honestly this is one of those type of hip hop albums that when people say "this stuff isn't music and doesn't have a purpose other than glorifying violence and ignorant behavior" that you hand to someone and tell them to LISTEN...if you LISTEN to this album there is literally no way in hell you won't come away from it appreciating this man's story his heart, and obviously his talent is undeniable, the production is top notch as well with every song having a beat that is tailor made for the emotion it is meant to evoke and the coinciding story along with it.....this type of album can honestly convert a non-hiphop fan into a Kendrick fan as anybody can appreciate something like this, dude's lyrics are excellent...he hits the perfect tone and it really seems efffortless

Here's a nice breakdown of some of the "top" verses: http://www.thesource.com/articles/2...ff-Kendrick-Lamar's-'good-kid,-m.A.A.d.-city'

After listening to Meek's album it made me appreciate GKMC even more. This dude Kendrick set the bar too damn high :lol: :pimp:

Just got done hearing the album and it was great. Great debut album, one of the best I've heard in awhile. The Heart Pt 3 woulda been a great outro song and that bonus song Black Boy Fly is great too, the best bonus song...

Honestly I've been absorbing the album and I think this is best album of the year. Even the bangers have substance, the Backseat Freestyle concept being exactly that, some will think it gimmicky though. The Drake song was nice and Drake fit the tone of the song, better then putting him on Money Trees and have dude drop lines about something he's never done or been associated with.
The Recipe was and is my favorite song to come out this year. He actually exceeds my exceptions as I thought no song would better or on par but the album overall is on par. Even the MJB joint was bumping.
I need to go pick up a physical copy. Album deserves my money and is helping me get through a very tough time in life right now.
I'll be back in here over the weekend to see what the fuss is about...

I removed all the skits and BS from the album. They definitely help tell the story but I feel like I'm watching a movie on TBS or USA.

:smh: just like OB4CL, the skits make the album & transitions between songs BETTER

and answering previous dude's poll,

Best lyrical song: The Art of Peer Pressure
Best overall song: Money Trees & Sing About Me
Song on repeat: B**** Don't Kill My Vibe, Money Trees, m.A.A.d city, & Compton

Last edited:
i copped the album today from target the deluxe

i never followed dude before i bought off NTs opinion

i like to support good music an i wasnt let down, he has a new fan

BDKMV is like my anthem right now, I'm going through some **** and just want to hear my music and have a drink

BDKMV is like my anthem right now, I'm going through some **** and just want to hear my music and have a drink

Can't nobody tell me nothing when that song comes on. As soon as it starts I feel like a high coming on. Feels like Everything is in slow-mo ahah I can't explain it.

What are you're guys opinion based on these 3 categories? Very hard to choose 1 song for each. For me its....
Best lyrical song: Art of Peer Pressure
Best overall song: I'm Dying of Thirst + Money Trees
Song on repeat: Backseat Freestyle
Best Lyrical Song: m.A.A.d. City
Best overall song: Money Trees + BDKMV
Song on repeat: Money Trees

Shyne actin' like Q is Drake or somebody. :rofl:

For all of those who need the Bonus cuts

Decided to throw together a combo of the bonus tracks and some leaked tracks pretty much made an alternate album. I like GKMC in its 12 track entirety

http://www36.zippyshare.com/v/77400840/file.html

01) Cartoon & Cereal (Feat. Gunplay).mp3
02) County Building Blues.m4a
03) Average Joe.mp3
04) His Pain.mp3
05) Collect Calls.mp3
06) Swimming Pools (Remix) (Feat. Ab-Soul, ScHoolboy Q & Jay Rock).mp3
07) Westside Right On Time (Feat Young Jeezy).mp3
08) Now Or Never (Feat. Mary J. Blige).mp3
09) Black Boy Fly.mp3
10) Heart Part 3.mp3
11) The Recipe (Remix) (Feat. Ab-Soul, ScHoolboy Q & Jay Rock).mp3

Last edited:
Not the get off topic but gotdamn does jail change a *****.

Shyne seemed like a cool *** dude back in the day seems so corny now and that whole Jewish thing is still bizarre

What are you're guys opinion based on these 3 categories? Very hard to choose 1 song for each. For me its....
Best lyrical song: Art of Peer Pressure
Best overall song: I'm Dying of Thirst + Money Trees
Song on repeat: Backseat Freestyle
Best lyrical song: Sing About Me

Best overall song: *****, Don't Kill My Vibe

Song on repeat: *****, Don't Kill My Vibe

Back
Top Bottom