KENDRICK LAMAR: "GOOD KID M.A.A.D CITY"

BROKEN PROMISES STEAL YO WATCH AND TELL YOU WHAT TIME IT IS
TAKE YO JAYS AND TELL YOU TO KICK IT WHERE A FOOTLOCKER IS

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Last edited:
Is it me or do you feel like you cheat yourself if you don't listen to the album from start to finish? :lol:

This :lol:

What are you're guys opinion based on these 3 categories? Very hard to choose 1 song for each. For me its....

Best lyrical song: Art of Peer Pressure
Best overall song: I'm Dying of Thirst + Money Trees
Song on repeat: Backseat Freestyle

Best lyrical song: Sing About Me
Best overall song: *****, Don't Kill My Vibe
Song on repeat: Sing About Me

This changes a couple times a day though :lol:

For all of those who need the Bonus cuts
Decided to throw together a combo of the bonus tracks and some leaked tracks pretty much made an alternate album. I like GKMC in its 12 track entirety
http://www.mediafire.com/?ia7fzlfccitbg17
01) Cartoon & Cereal (Feat. Gunplay).mp3
02) County Building Blues.m4a
03) Average Joe.mp3
04) His Pain.mp3
05) Collect Calls.mp3
06) Swimming Pools (Remix) (Feat. Ab-Soul, ScHoolboy Q & Jay Rock).mp3
07) Westside Right On Time (Feat Young Jeezy).mp3
08) Now Or Never (Feat. Mary J. Blige).mp3
09) Black Boy Fly.mp3
10) Heart Part 3.mp3
11) The Recipe (Remix) (Feat. Ab-Soul, ScHoolboy Q & Jay Rock).mp3

For those who Dm'd me saying the link doesn't work it seems to be good now... Could someone give me a heads up to see if its still good, if not ill post another link

My favorite tracks change with my mood. I'm not even going to try to pick one for three categories 'cause I know I'll have edited my post 15 times by noon.

*****, Don't Kill My Vibe, Money Trees, m.A.A.d city and Sing About Me are the songs I have on repeat right now, though.

'My New Years resolution is to stop all of pollution
Talk too ************' much
I got my drink, I got my music...'

Vibing.:pimp:

Last edited:
I agree with EVERYTHING Bomani Jones said here. 

This dude says he wishes Kendrick was more like drake, whole argument is invalid now. I do agree that Kendrick is not currently a star, but to say he is boring is absurd to me. If you're the type of person who is not into lyricism and storytelling then yeah you are not going to like this album. However if you are into those things I think the album will definitely grab you quickly

That wasn't his point.

It was about sheer mic presence and I agree with him on it. Its my main complaint against these "heady" lyricists from time to time. 

Mind you, he said he still liked the album. 

You can't pull that out of context and make that claim without listening to the whole thing. 

And that would be?...sharing my thoughts on an album?

Which leads me to wonder why YOU'RE here. 
roll.gif

While responding... 
roll.gif
noooo he PROBABLY means going into threads of artists he doesn't like just to tell everyone who does like them why you don't and how you don't understand how they can.
That matters?

Not every movie gets a thumbs up. Not every album gets 10 stars or 5 mics. 

Not my problem. I share my likes and dislikes, just like everyone else.

Seems like more often than not your opinion is opposite the general consensus. Actually, I don't remember ever seeing you pop in a thread without voicing a dissenting opinion, then taking anyone's response to you as an opening to write a 2000 word analysis and create a huge debate.

Maybe I just haven't been looking close enough, but it looks more like your intention is to debate than to actually voice your opinion.

Seems like more often than not your opinion is opposite the general consensus. Actually, I don't remember ever seeing you pop in a thread without voicing a dissenting opinion, then taking anyone's response to you as an opening to write a 2000 word analysis and create a huge debate.

Maybe I just haven't been looking close enough, but it looks more like your intention is to debate than to actually voice your opinion.
Thats not even true. I even came in here and updated my opinion and bumped up my score of the album. But again, I'm not the only one who feels this way, nor am I always having a dissenting opinion. 

Last edited:
Just copped last night. I trust that dude would have a solid album. The only thing I want to know is why does he feel the need to use that strange alien voice? So weird. Let Nicki do stuff like that.

That wasn't his point.

It was about sheer mic presence and I agree with him on it. Its my main complaint against these "heady" lyricists from time to time. 

Mind you, he said he still liked the album. 

You can't pull that out of context and make that claim without listening to the whole thing. 
To me Kendrick has a very good and very distinct presence on the mic. 

Look at any posse cuts Kendrick is on and you can see how he murders everyone else... hell he murdered MMG on their own **** with "Power Circle," killed our boy Dom on "We Ball," and there is no reason to listen to "B Boyz" after Kendrick except MAYBE for Mack Maine's verse (personal favorite.)  I won't say he got Cole or KRIT on that song but he definitely hung right there with em. 

Also, after listening to GKMC three or four times I decided to go back and listen to OD, an album I think that may be right on par with this.  It's crazy how consistent and honest his music has been throughout his discography, he makes almost all of these other "hot" rappers unbearable to listen to because you can feel the showmanship and artifice in their work.  Kendrick's music seems autobiographical, that's what makes him great. 

Last edited:
http://www.comptonmagic.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Arronpic.jpg[img]

[Spoiler]
[img]http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/148/012/Afflalo_20dribbling_20up_20court_display_image.jpg?1265005334
[/spoiler]

:pimp: :pimp:

My dog Kendrick did it w/ this one.

That matters?

Not every movie gets a thumbs up. Not every album gets 10 stars or 5 mics. 

Not my problem. I share my likes and dislikes, just like everyone else.

i feel you...i don't have anything against you like the other NTers. i'm just saying, imo these are APPRECIATION threads...OPs don't make them to hear your negative reviews...the point is for people who like it to come together and discuss it w/ other people who like it.

Decided to throw together a combo of the bonus tracks and some leaked tracks pretty much made an alternate album. I like GKMC in its 12 track entirety
http://www.mediafire.com/?ia7fzlfccitbg17
03) Average Joe.mp3
04) His Pain.mp3
05) Collect Calls.mp3
09) Black Boy Fly.mp3
10) Heart Part 3.mp3

For those who Dm'd me saying the link doesn't work it seems to be good now... Could someone give me a heads up to see if its still good, if not ill post another link

is this working? i wont be able to get to it for at least another 2 hrs or so

Onto more positive news, first week sales are actually projected between 225k - 240k. In a year that Ross did 218k and 2 Chainz 147k, it shows that you don't have to be the hottest rapper to sell records. Quality music and a loyal fan base >>>>>

I sure hope so, Kendrick deserves more than all these other rappers.

Best lyrical song: Sing About Me
Best overall song: The Art of Peer Pressure
Song on repeat: Money Trees

Song on repeat was hard to pick, this whole album is on repeat :smokin

was smoking to the album last night...could you imagine Nate Dogg doing the hook on "Sing About Me"?

goosebumps

honestly, It would have been perfect.

BDKMV is like my anthem right now, I'm going through some **** and just want to hear my music and have a drink

Can't nobody tell me nothing when that song comes on. As soon as it starts I feel like a high coming on. Feels like Everything is in slow-mo ahah I can't explain it.

seriously, I get so excited everytime it plays, idk why either.

:lol: at Shyne. Schoolboy Q is obviously about that life. I really do hope the black hippie does make it big.

Homie went off campus and picked up the album from FYE.

Timeless piece of work K. Dot.. What makes this album flow so well is the skits and listening to it like an audio film. Album will be continued to be talked about and the word will spread how good this body of work is. TDE>>>>

"Swimming Pools" three times though?

"You lookin' like an easy come up, ya biish." :smile:

http://www36.zippyshare.com/v/77400840/file.html
03) Average Joe.mp3
04) His Pain.mp3
05) Collect Calls.mp3
09) Black Boy Fly.mp3
10) Heart Part 3.mp3