KENDRICK LAMAR: "GOOD KID M.A.A.D CITY"

I wish the first half MAAD City was a longer/separate track

joint knocks
smokin.gif
I agree but at the same time the second half is so dope and such a nice homage to classic west coast Hip-Hop with him partially covering one of my favorite Ice Cube songs and then having MC Eiht on the track.

I know it's early saying this, but this album might be a classic.

I'm amazed at how much this sounds like what was considered "underground" in the early 2000's. Meaning very high concept with almost alternative, synth and experimental beats. It feels like KL is a student of hip hop and he obviously has a very good ear for production.

It took a while for section 80 to grow on me when I first heard it, but it was the perfect warm-up for this album. I dare say that he is the future and present of West Coast hip hop. Much respect for delivering a timeless album.

Who's the guy speaking during the skit where he goes "Yeah Let's get back by 12 I'm tryna get on someone too" Then other dude goes "Niqqa shut your dumb *** up..."

always gets me
laugh.gif

Who's the guy speaking during the skit where he goes "Yeah Let's get back by 12 I'm tryna get on someone too" Then other dude goes "Niqqa shut your dumb *** up..."

always gets me:lol:

One of them sounds like Roland from the movie The Wood :lol:

money tress is perfect just the way it is. i enjoyed the bridge and jay rock's verse just as much as kendrick's 2 verses

"Real" is that joint.

"Sing About Me/Dying of Thrist" & "Real" >>>>>>

Last edited:
Has there been any confirmation its even Lady Gaga? I mean its just some kinda shoddy female vocals, poorly recorded with some terrible engineering and mastering. My guess is some random broad recorded herself on garage band and just put the track over a video of Gaga kickin it.

Has there been any confirmation its even Lady Gaga? I mean its just some kinda shoddy female vocals, poorly recorded with some terrible engineering and mastering. My guess is some random broad recorded herself on garage band and just put the track over a video of Gaga kickin it.

Gaga and her DJ leaked it themselves.

Back
Top Bottom