Kendrick Lamar kicks fan off stage for saying the N word

Steve Aoki really nailed it, it's about cultural sensitivity. Just waiting for the political correctness wonks to come out and wine about this, this has nothing to do with political correctness or "equality". It has to do with being aware, and understanding that there are certain things that EVERYONE can't say or speak to.

I'm not gay, so I'm not using the F word to describe anyone.

I'm not a woman, so I shut up when it comes to abortion and using the B word.

At the end of the day, white people are not used to being told what to do this is the source of the outrage. Not sure if posted, but even if so worth posting again.

Wholeheartedly agree with you, although I’ll go further and say women shouldn’t refer to each other as Bs and gays shouldn’t use te F word either....yet they all do, the B word tends to be used in similar context to the N word in the hood, girls use it as a term of endearment and also to insult each other, all about context I suppose, but the word still tasteless and lacks class...so I cringe when women use it...I believe majority of rappers with the exception of some older ones, use the B word alllllll the time with no filter, white, black or brown....I think it wasn’t till Jay had his daughter that he said he would no longer use that word...lol

These rappers are for the most part dog **** dumb. I can’t really take anything said serious in song or in real life. If you do please reconsider. They’re all fake characters. Leonardo decaprio played a racist on screen. We don’t turn around and quote it to gauge where he stands on issues. People need to quit taking rappers serious when the majority of them throw out “click bait” type BS to stay relevant

Yet here we are discussing wether we should big up or condem one for his actions at a concert toward a fan...I really wouldn’t be surprised if this was all a set up for exactly what you said, a buzz, clickbait.

mbaku.PNG

so, if you're not black you cant have an opinion on it unless you agree. if you are black and don't agree they're an uncle tom and don't know what they're talking about?

Most of the non-Black people who use it don't see the problem because they don't have a situation to compare it to (I.e a negative term used in jest by those it's toward in mainstream media).

No one has control of the word, but you should understand whats socially acceptable, even if you don't care, and censor yourself. I like some Cards B songs, but you won't hear me rap the parts about riding and sucking **** (publicly or privately).

Is it OK to tell someone that they can't do something SIMPLY because of their race?

Ironically, that's the cause and basis of this topic. Two different circumstances but the same principle.

Most of the non-Black people who use it don't see the problem because they don't have a situation to compare it to (I.e a negative term used in jest by those it's toward in mainstream media).

No one has control of the word, but you should understand whats socially acceptable, even if you don't care, and censor yourself. I like some Cards B songs, but you won't hear me rap the parts about riding and sucking **** (publicly or privately).

this made me LOL

I agree with everything you said on here. the problem with some people is they couldn't care less about being socially sensitive. those same people are the ones who usually end up getting their face pounded because of it though. I say just let natural selection take care of itself.

It's still prohibiting something due to race and only race. Granted one is driven by hate and the other is driven by pride, at the core, it's the same request.

It's still prohibiting something due to race and only race. Granted one is driven by hate and the other is driven by pride, at the core, it's the same request.
So whats the issue?

You sound like one of the those confederate flag supports "It's not about slavery, its about states rights". Yeah your state wanted the right to keep slavery.

But what you see as prohibition isnt prohibition

This isn't a situation of you not being able to say an innocuous word like "person"
This is a word that literally had to be fought for to redefine

:lol: that's always my favorite, with this it's so irresistible and appealing but when Lil Kim was talking about Sprite cans people just nodded along silently.

people can skip right over DMX barking about butt****ing dudes on wax but when this is the topic it's "must...speak...all the words..."

Steve Aoki really nailed it, it's about cultural sensitivity. Just waiting for the political correctness wonks to come out and wine about this, this has nothing to do with political correctness or "equality". It has to do with being aware, and understanding that there are certain things that EVERYONE can't say or speak to.

I'm not gay, so I'm not using the F word to describe anyone.

I'm not a woman, so I shut up when it comes to abortion and using the B word.

At the end of the day, white people are not used to being told what to do this is the source of the outrage. Not sure if posted, but even if so worth posting again.

The world lately has made it seem like being respectful is the most difficult thing ever.

I couldn't imagine using another groups racial slur turned term of endearment. That's cringey as hell regardless of intentions, background, singing lyrics etc. That's not my culture.

Do Asians have a word like that ? The thought of me (a black guy) calling other black people whatever that is .... :rofl:

You put it like this and it all sounds wild stupid that another race would use the word.

You know what? This is the key. The next time I’m at a restaurant and a bunch of Asian kids are in a booth dropping N-bombs like they be putting Blue Magic in their hair, I’m just gonna start calling my people c***** and just see what happens.

this is my theory:
I think the problem with this N word issue is a minority group telling the majority group (and everyone else) what they can and cannot say. the majority group hears from all minority groups is they want equality but the minority group (in this instance African Americans) trying to call the shots saying they're the only ones who can use the N word. now, if African Americans really want equality they shouldn't (?) go around telling people what they can and cannot say because it is the exact opposite of what they're asking for, equality. it's hypocritical

now, let me be as clear as possible. I am not saying who can and cannot say this word. I am just saying this may be a reason there is so much push against people having a problem without being able to say it.
Sounds like some bs but I’m too high to understand this... please make it make sense
4347E8A6-0148-4BE9-B372-F747D66FD01C.jpeg

Can’t believe
Folks sitting here
And arguing
Over being able to use the n word
Everyone knows it shouldn’t be said
But u know
I can’t control everyone
Just myself
So I’m going to TRY
To stop using the word

Sounds like some bs but I’m too high to understand this... please make it make sense
4347E8A6-0148-4BE9-B372-F747D66FD01C.jpeg

It was more of an observation than an opinion

The majority feels threatened and doesn't like it. They know they shouldn't say the N word but insist it's okay because it's a modern day written lynching

It was more of an observation than an opinion

The majority feels threatened and doesn't like it. They know they shouldn't say the N word but insist it's okay because it's a modern day written lynching
You wanna talk vocabulary.. let’s talk about the word “black”. It’s damn near associated with everything negative. Psych dictionary states that Black is intimidating, unfriendly and unapproachable because of the power it exudes.
Anything related to black equates to something unfavorable. Why?
Whitewashing def did its job.
And Kendrick knew what he was doing lol
Take this L white folks and stay in your lane.

Is it OK to tell someone that they can't do something SIMPLY because of their race?

Ironically, that's the cause and basis of this topic. Two different circumstances but the same principle.
You be trippin sometimes man. I thought you were better than that

im still trying to figure out why people have a problem with what kendrick did (if it was indeed planned)
why do yall care?

cats are getting shot for having a cellphone and people mad cause he taught a white girl with a racist family a lesson

Back
Top Bottom