Kevin Durant, "KOBE'S the BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD."

Originally Posted by hymen man

He sure is. It's such a hard comparison between him and Bron, both are out of this world and in another class. But the guy that said this.... will pass them both.

Develop some defense first and then we'll talk

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

39 points on 28 shots and 1 assist.

Kobe still doesn't get it. If this was a better team they would've lost. If Kobe played a more team-oriented game they would've beat OKC by 20.

Wrong...they would have lost the game; he could have had more assists, guys weren't knocking down open shots when he got them the ball.. Him and Pau were the ONLY ones doing/hitting anything out there. The rest of the starts alone were 7-29 and add in Odom they were 9-38. The game called for him to shoot more and get offense.

The Thunders shot distribution was about the same with KD. Neither team shot well and points were at a premium, the two best players had to be more offensively assertive. 

1 assist is the Lakers inability to make shots when Kobe passes to them. I can count numerous times where kobe passed to an open man and they couldnt connect. He could've easily had 5-6 assist this game.

Originally Posted by iceNcream

He sure is. It's such a hard comparison between him and Bron, both are out of this world and in another class. But the guy that said this.... will pass them both.

4 blocks tonight and an important cog in a top 10 defense in the League. But keep trying...you're bound to land on something that makes sense.

Kobe still doesn't get it. If this was a better team they would've lost. If Kobe played a more team-oriented game they would've beat OKC by 20.

Wrong...they would have lost the game; he could have had more assists, guys weren't knocking down open shots when he got them the ball.. Him and Pau were the ONLY ones doing/hitting anything out there. The rest of the starts alone were 7-29 and add in Odom they were 9-38. The game called for him to shoot more and get offense.

The Thunders shot distribution was about the same with KD. Neither team shot well and points were at a premium, the two best players had to be more offensively assertive. 
They weren't knocking down shots 'cuz they were standing around watching Kobe dribble around the perimeter. That takes players out of their games. When Kobe plays like this, there's not much difference in this stacked Lakers team and the teams with Smush and Luke getting major playing time: just a bunch of guys standing around watching Kobe shoot. 
Think about it, they almost lost at home in the playoffs to a team full of college-aged kids, most of whom are playing their second playoff game. If I was a Laker fan I'd be worried. Sure they might be able to turn it on later, but it's not a good sign that they're having trouble putting teams like OKC away. 

And the whole "he would've had more assists if people were knocking down shots" line is pure bologna. Missed shots ALWAYS decrease a player's potential assist total, but there is no way to cover up ballhog tendencies when you take 28 shots and only have one assist. If you have the ball as much as Kobe has it, and you're actually playing a team-oriented game, you can't help but to rack up 4-7 assists even on your teammates' worst shooting nights. 

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

4 blocks tonight and an important cog in a top 10 defense in the League. But keep trying...you're bound to land on something that makes sense.
Seriously.  And the kid's what?  21 years old?  Yeah long way to go, he has all the tools to be the best, just a matter of time and maturation. 

They weren't knocking down shots 'cuz they were standing around watching Kobe dribble around the perimeter. That takes players out of their games. When Kobe plays like this, there's not much difference in this stacked Lakers team and the teams with Smush and Luke getting major playing time: just a bunch of guys standing around watching Kobe shoot. 
Think about it, they almost lost at home in the playoffs to a team full of college-aged kids, most of whom are playing their second playoff game. If I was a Laker fan I'd be worried. Sure they might be able to turn it on later, but it's not a good sign that they're having trouble putting teams like OKC away. 

Did you even watch the game? That was not the case...Kobe most of the time was penetrating and kicking it out to a wide open shooter (ie Fish who couldn't buy a shot) or running pick and roll with Pau leading to a hockey assist b/c of the big men passing well. Lakers just haven't been knocking down perimeter shots the entire year, which is clearly evident in their offensive struggles this year. It's not that much of a difference than LeBron dribbling at the top for 20 sec, making a move and then kicking it to a shooter...difference is, Mo, Parker, and hell even Moon are hitting their shots.

You only get an assist when the guy hits the shot. He could pass the ball every single time down and if the guy misses the shot he gets no assists. KD had only 1 assist too and 26 shots, and he was passing to a wide open Jeff Green all night, guys have to hit shots dude. 

Yup. Couldn't have said it any better. Gasol could score 40 if he ever got the rock. He is such a mismatch for the Thunder it's not even funny, but Kobe insists on taking tough shots.

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

As much attention as Durant gets on this forum, this should mean alot.

Why? Bill Belichick slurps the Bills every year before he plays us. It's just the tactic of some guys to build the opponent up before the next game.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  4 blocks tonight when you know you can sag off of Ron Artest and go help in the lane.  doesnt he average  0.90 blks per game in his career? 

Tell me this after a few more years but now?
roll.gif

To say he'll be be better than Lebron and EVEN Kobe is just plain stupid. Lets see Durant will be able to play with a broken index finger, bad back, bum ankle and lower back strain and still average 26 pts this season. For all you know, Durant might not even play.

But i'll end it here. Im pretty sure other fans will back me up on this so i'll save my voice.  

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  4 blocks tonight when you know you can sag off of Ron Artest and go help in the lane.  doesnt he average  0.90 blks per game in his career? 

Tell me this after a few more years but now?
roll.gif

To say he'll be be better than Lebron and EVEN Kobe is just plain stupid. Lets see Durant will be able to play with a broken index finger, bad back, bum ankle and lower back strain. 

But i'll end it here. Im pretty sure other fans will back me up on this so i'll save my voice.  

There's nothing to back up. You said Durant hasn't developed a defense. B2P proved you wrong by pointing the short-term and long-term irrelevance of your thought.

Did you even watch the game? That was not the case...Kobe most of the time was penetrating and kicking it out to a wide open shooter (ie Fish who couldn't buy a shot) or running pick and roll with Pau leading to a hockey assist b/c of the big men passing well. Lakers just haven't been knocking down perimeter shots the entire year, which is clearly evident in their offensive struggles this year. It's not that much of a difference than LeBron dribbling at the top for 20 sec, making a move and then kicking it to a shooter...difference is, Mo, Parker, and hell even Moon are hitting their shots.

You only get an assist when the guy hits the shot. He could pass the ball every single time down and if the guy misses the shot he gets no assists. KD had only 1 assist too and 26 shots, and he was passing to a wide open Jeff Green all night, guys have to hit shots dude. 

Did you watch the fourth quarter? How many times did Kobe dribble around the perimeter and pull up for the jumper as the rest of the Lakers watched? 
And you don't seem to understand my point. I *obviously* get the point that his teammates have to hit shots, but my point is that they are going cold because Kobe's playing style doesn't allow them to get their own games going. You blame the cold shooting of the other Lakers on them, I blame it on Kobe's ballhogging. 

Who on the Thunder can guard Pau Gasol? How come he hit more than half of his shots but got HALF as many shots as Kobe got? If a couple of bounces go differently at the end and the Lakers lose, would you be happy that Kobe shot 12-28 while Pau went 8-14? 

Did you watch the fourth quarter? How many times did Kobe dribble around the perimeter and pull up for the jumper as the rest of the Lakers watched? 
And you don't seem to understand my point. I *obviously* get the point that his teammates have to hit shots, but my point is that they are going cold because Kobe's playing style doesn't allow them to get their own games going. You blame the cold shooting of the other Lakers on them, I blame it on Kobe's ballhogging. 

Who on the Thunder can guard Pau Gasol? How come he hit more than half of his shots but got HALF as many shots as Kobe got? If a couple of bounces go differently at the end and the Lakers lose, would you be happy that Kobe shot 12-28 while Pau went 8-14? 

Is this a joke???

Haters gonna hate.

The fact that Kobe had a horrible first half, then nailed 3 tres from down town and had that fourth quarter says it all. His overall field goal percentage was almost 50% while shooting just 6 for 16 to end the first half.

Broken Finger added to that.

It's funny people talk +@%@ on Kobe, but I would love to see all the other superstars, Durant, Bron, Melo, Wade, play with a broken finger and a beehive covering it.

Now for the other haters who say he only had 1 assist. I think you should take a look at how many shots Artest, Fisher, and Bynum missed this game and Acknowloedge that only Kobe and Pau were getting it down.

As bad of a game as the Lakers had offensively, they still won, because Kobe closed it out.

Hate if you want, but Durant isn't pulling this out of his behind. He acknowledged the Lakers defense on him, he acknowledged Kobe Bryant, and he even admitted he didn't know what else to say as to why they lost.

He's young and I'm sure he looks up to guys like Kobe more than Lebron since Kobe is a perimeter shooter while Lebron is more of a giant mass that is unstoppable going to the hole.

Like it or not, there is a difference.

If you want to go by SKILL, Kobe has far superior footwork, handles, jumper, fadeaway, three point shot, than Lebron. Hell Kobe has a better post up game than Lebron and he's a guard.

Playing the Lakers in the first round this year will obviously play a huge role in the development of Kevin Durant.
I'm also one to believe that when he hangs it up, he could go down as better than Kobe AND Bron; he definitely has what it takes.

However, as of right now, I believe the puppets are 1 and 2; perhaps even 1a/1b.

It amazes me how inconsistent this guy Kobe can be, but as soon as he has a great game all of that is forgotten and he's "the best player in the world". It's been like this constantly. He has a 4-21 shooting game and scores 12 points against Milwaukee with just 1 assist, but then some games later he hits a game winning shot and he's "the best player in the world". He may have a 3-19 shooting game in game 3, but if he has 35+ points and scores the game winner in game 4, he'll be "the best player in the world".

Stop trying to customize the criteria for what makes a player the best. Reggie Miller was way clutcher than Clyde Drexler, but he was nowhere near Clyde as an overall player. And if clutchess counted as much as Kobe stans claim it should, then Shaq wouldn't be a top 30 player of all time. Now shut up and watch the MVPs stack up.
pimp.gif

i agree

Originally Posted by imINchucks5

i agree

I saw Kobe running pick and roll with Pau almost everytime down at the top of the key or getting it on isolation at the elbow in the 4th. And as for Pau Gasol, he's never going to get or attempt a lot of shots, #1 because he has to get the ball, #2 the Thunder are fronting him a lot so it makes it harder to throw entry passes in the post. He's been the one person that has knocked down open shots from the elbow. E

And when Kobe was out with injury, there may have been 1 game where he shot more that 20 times in a game, can't blame Kobe's ballhogging on that. Fact is without KB doing his thing in the 4th, we don't win this game. 

BTW, nothing I said in this thread was meant to imply that KD is better than Kobe. Maybe some day, but not today. As a basketball fan, I respect Kobe's talents, I just wish he'd use them more benevolently.

Originally Posted by illfrozn

Personally, I still give it to Kobe. LeBron is an excellent player, but except for his dunks and occasional pass plays, I rarely see an actual play that makes me go crazy or want to rewind. I just see a beast -- a huge physical specimen. He rail roads people and leaps over them, and it's instantly the greatest play ever in somepeople's eyes ...

did you watch lebron's performance during the 4th quarter of game 2? dude was lights out from the field.
smh.gif

LOL. Did you even watch the game? Kobe dumped the ball off plenty of times, but time and time again, brick, clank!

Back
Top Bottom