Kevin Samuels Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again. Men being obsessed with another mans sexuality is weird.
Aren't gay men considered men, yet homosexual?! Gay women are considered Lesbian, so the discussion of Samuels possibly being homosexual seems to be par for the course, if men are indeed discussing men and their possible sexual identity, correct?

I am just trying to get a grasp on why it is cool for men, to only broach certain topics, like the of bashing independent women.

I come in peace.

Aren't gay men considered men, yet homosexual?! Gay women are considered Lesbian, so the discussion of Samuels possibly being homosexual seems to be par for the course, if men are indeed discussing men and their possible sexual identity, correct?

I am just trying to get a grasp on why it is cool for men, to only broach certain topics, like the of bashing independent women.

I come in peace.
Unless one benefits from him being gay, theorizing about it as a heterosexual male is questionable in itself.

Im not sure what the punchline is :lol: , they are versatile. You can rock then with a suit, business casual or hipster.

I don’t think I’ll EVER wear a suit again (unless acting in something but I’m not an actor). I’m disappointed at the times I have worn one. Business casual.... not in the corporate world and never will be (African). Don’t know what hipster is or looks like really.

I don’t think I’ll EVER wear a suit again (unless acting in something but I’m not an actor). I’m disappointed at the times I have worn one. Business casual.... not in the corporate world and never will be (African). Don’t know what hipster is or looks like really.

What? Africans don't wear suits? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I know this is a lie cause every African person I know overdresses for every occasion.

Bro this had me WEAK :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
He absolutely EVISCERATED the hotdog truck dude
Neil and even Amerie caught a stray. “I eat *** doe” :rofl: Then the women after saying “I don’t care what my man makes. I don’t want the hot dog dude, though” :rofl:

These folks are paid actors/people he knows, right?

What? Africans don't wear suits? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I know this is a lie cause every African person I know overdresses for every occasion.

most Africans you know are also either christian or muslim right? In parts of Africa, the lawyers and judges wear those george washington wigs....currently. Because they behave from a colonized/indoctrinated mind, doesn’t make it “appropriate”. Would you agree or disagree that suits are a european construct? (No all my clothing isn’t from Africa, but they’re at least comfortable and practical.....)

Wouldn't his sexuality qualify him to speak on the relationship topics (exclusively heterosexual to my knowledge) he moderates? He also claims to speak from experience on several of these same topics.

Last edited:
most Africans you know are also either christian or muslim right? In parts of Africa, the lawyers and judges wear those george washington wigs....currently. Because they behave from a colonized/indoctrinated mind, doesn’t make it “appropriate”. Would you agree or disagree that suits are a european construct? (No all my clothing isn’t from Africa, but they’re at least comfortable and practical.....)

The anglophone countries in Africa adopted the British judicial system, that wig is a remnant of British colonialism. African people at least in this country aren't showing up to corporate meetings rocking a koofie and the long traditional dress.

I know IN Africa, it isn't uncommon for people to wear more "traditional" clothing in business settings but you can't expect people to do that in the U.S.

I know muslim/Arab doctors who wear "traditional" clothing but it isn't common. Fashion is more complex than you think. What is considered traditional African clothing isn't inherently African either. Many fashion tastes were adopted from different cultures since human beings put on the first loin cloth. As fashion evolves, cultures take elements from other cultures they have interacted with.

This is more authentically African
traditional african clothes.jpg

than this
AFRICAN CLOTHING.jpg

Do you expect someone who is a descendant of the Maasai tribe and works as a lawyer to show up to work in Masai clothing?

Are we talking Africa as a continent? Or are we talking about countries IN Africa? The ceremonial dressings/business dressings differ from country to country, culture to culture, tribe to tribe. Also, we must factor in wealth.

Are we talking Africa as a continent? Or are we talking about countries IN Africa? The ceremonial dressings/business dressings differ from country to country, culture to culture, tribe to tribe. Also, we must factor in wealth.

yea, that's the other thing, it varies from region to region, but I've noticed even some clothing that is considered African isn't inherently African at all. It's hot in Africa, before Arab and European invasion people weren't rocking pants. But a lot of clothing that is considered "traditional" on initial inspection clearly has foreign influence. So if you're not going to wear a suit because it isn't African you might as well reject the kookie and dashiki as well.

I mean traditionally women haven't worn pants and now we think nothing of it. Fashion evolves VERY quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom