Kevin will be the newest NBA superstar

Durant definitely has the potential to be a superstar...

i say, if he can average 27+PPG over 2+ seasons, he's there.

No doubt he'll be great but I'm not sure if he'll be able to mentally rally people around him, like a certain someone.

Why the stone faces? Is it because he based it off of the rookie challenge or because of the statement itself? Because I do believe he's well on his way. This isn't a Daniel Gibson type deal where the dude averages 8-10 points and blows up for 30+ in a game like this. Durant is averaging like 26 a game inhis second year and is only getting better as the year goes. I don't see what's wrong with the statement. He's definitely on his way guys....

Your legit list of superstars is expected.. But, only 7?? .. What is a Legit superstar anyways??? ..
And yes.. KD will.. So will beasley.. So Will Rose.. Your not going out on a limb with that one..

I don't see it unless he gets out of Oklahoma. No way will he be a star playing in the West. He'll be a great scorer, but I just don't see a greatsuperstar.

Originally Posted by LiL Stevie728

laugh.gif
OP thought he was going out on a limb.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

thats why i think NYC should be looking more into KD than Lebron for 2010 at this point... wasnt a believer last year, but dude is the truth.

LBs probably willing to bite on NY, but if Amare is landed... i dont see him going anywhere.

Originally Posted by kidoopz

Your legit list of superstars is expected.. But, only 7?? .. What is a Legit superstar anyways??? ..
And yes.. KD will.. So will beasley.. So Will Rose..So will Mayo Your not going out on a limb with that one..
Durant will definitely be a superstar, I'm just wondering whether or not OKC will give him the opportunity to ever play in a playoff game.
ohwell.gif
They have a nice young nucleus with Westbrook, Green,Weaver and ofcourse KD. Everybody else on the team is just basically there seems like it. So, if Durant can begin to take the steps to lead his team to the playoffs and notonly put up great stats, then he'll definitely be up in the top 10 players in the league category. I just don't want to see him putting up 27ppg and8rpg, while his team is winning 20 games every year. Same story for OJ with Memphis, which is why I believe they will be on the verge of being a playoff teamprobably as soon as next year depending on how their off-season goes.

^ I'm sure OKC will be fine. The question is, whether playing in bum frick nowhere gets the team any exposure when they do win.

i dont really watch Grizz games... but i really think Rudy needs to get out. OJ is going to be their franchise player and Rudys game has depleted due to OJsdominance of the ball. Rudy was on the rise the past few years and hate to see him struggle...

Durant is a future SUPERSTAR. Too bad the NBA is too busy sucking on LeBrons and D.Wades herp lip, or else he'd get more exposure as should others playersplaying great (B.Roy...)

Anyhow, this guy here WILL break all the "youngest to reach _____ points" records even though they really dont mean much with the onset of such youngplayers nowadays. Nevertheless, he's only 20 now and is a SCORING machine so look for that in the near future, barring injury of course.

KD is one hell of a talent, that's for sure...

However...when I think of "superstar" I think of someone who has transcended the sport and has reached celebrity status. These guys are known bypeople who aren't even basketball fans

Players who I think fit in that superstar category would be people like:

Kobe
Lebron
Wade
Shaq
Iverson
Dwight Howard (maybe)
Melo (maybe)

Players who have serious game but fall in that all-star category are people like:

Dirk
Nash
Amare
Bosh

Originally Posted by bigtimejerky

thats why i think NYC should be looking more into KD than Lebron for 2010 at this point... wasnt a believer last year, but dude is the truth.

LBs probably willing to bite on NY, but if Amare is landed... i dont see him going anywhere.

Dont fall for that Hicksons for Amare +!%.... that was staight comedy. "JJ Hickson, introduce yourself to Lamar Odom's body" - JVG (visitslakersmedia.com and watches the Lakers vs. Cavs highlights again)

Originally Posted by tmoney85

Durant is a future SUPERSTAR. Too bad the NBA is too busy sucking on LeBrons and D.Wades herp lip, or else he'd get more exposure as should others players playing great (B.Roy...)

Anyhow, this guy here WILL break all the "youngest to reach _____ points" records even though they really dont mean much with the onset of such young players nowadays. Nevertheless, he's only 20 now and is a SCORING machine so look for that in the near future, barring injury of course.

laugh.gif

Well the NBA has plenty of great players in small markets. They've just start to notice Roy mainly because Portland drafted Oden in 2007. I bet if Portlandnever drafted Oden in 2007, they wouldn't have been getting as much TV time just because of Oden's hype. I'm actually getting tired of seeing teamslike Dallas on national televised games consistently with Dirk when I would much rather see players like Durant and OJ. That's why I'm really hopingMemphis could make a Rudy for Amare swap soon because that seems like the only chance Memphis gets national exposure next year with a Mayo-STAT combo.

i dont really watch Grizz games... but i really think Rudy needs to get out. OJ is going to be their franchise player and Rudys game has depleted due to OJs dominance of the ball. Rudy was on the rise the past few years and hate to see him struggle...

The only thing hurting Rudy is his immaturity. He's not ready to be that player and I don't think he will ever be that player who will beuntradeable in his career. His ball handling, defense and selfishness (at times) really hurts him. I was hoping Memphis could get Beasley or still hopefullyobtain Amare for Rudy in some deal just because Mayo and Rudy will just not pan out in the future. Gay's extension is coming up real soon and since theGrizz got a cheap owner, he isn't going to want to give Rudy "Luol Deng or Andre Iguodala" money because it won't be worth it.

I wonder if he will stay with OKC when he becomes a FA. Kobe might be off the books in 2011.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by ERASCISM

I wonder if he will stay with OKC when he becomes a FA. Kobe might be off the books in 2011.
nerd.gif
Well, you can always push for Kobe to go to your Knicks like how you had in your sig before.

Back
Top Bottom