KG VOTED VOL. SURPRISE SURPRISE

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

I think you miss the point or just choose to ignore it. He may not be soft but he's far from tough. And his bark's definitely a lot bigger than his bite. He's a damn chihuahua.
He is tough. He inspires his teammates to play harder and to play harder for longer periods of time. Yes he might pick on certain pllayers and I understand why some of you view that as fake thugging. But in the end, he plays hard ALL of the time, and he gets his team to do the same. In my book that is toughness.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

No, I think you're missing the point. He's a trash talker, not a fighter. Him being soft or tough in relation to fighting is completely irrelevant when it comes to his place in the NBA. It's a mental and not a physical thing.    
Right. I don't think folks understand that KG NEVER plans on fighting anyone. He talks trash to anyone, gets in the faces of few. But I don't see how any of that means he is soft. How in the HELL is one of the most ferocious/cerebral defenders of this era SOFT? Makes no sense. A man that plays with as much fire/energy that he plays with is SOFT? Because he (MVP) didn't hit AP (role player) back when he got tagged? Really? You dudes are funny.

If KG is soft, then Pau Gasol must be cotton candy.

I don't like KG but I won't say he's soft. He does alot of barking but he plays with heart.

You can't teach that.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I think you miss the point or just choose to ignore it. He may not be soft but he's far from tough. And his bark's definitely a lot bigger than his bite. He's a damn chihuahua.
He is tough. He inspires his teammates to play harder and to play harder for longer periods of time. Yes he might pick on certain pllayers and I understand why some of you view that as fake thugging. But in the end, he plays hard ALL of the time, and he gets his team to do the same. In my book that is toughness.
I wouldn't call that toughness. But of course, I'm not disagreeing with anything you just said. Those are all of the good things that everyone loves about KG and why he's an all-time great player. We're here to discuss all the bad things about him tho lol
smile.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I wouldn't call that toughness. But of course, I'm not disagreeing with anything you just said. Those are all of the good things that everyone loves about KG and why he's an all-time great player. We're here to discuss all the bad things about him tho lol
smile.gif
So what the hell is toughness then?

lol now he is picking on tiny little barea... would love to see him get anthony peelered again
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by finnns2003

laugh.gif
at him going at Barea, then Barea's shook #$@ shoots an airball.

thats funny? that makes KG lame.. cause barea wasnt even fouling him hard and tried to make sure kg didnt crash into a reporter.. then kg acting like a lil B... even towards the ref..

What's your most memorable conversation with a player during a game?
This is really surprising, and this is all true. The only time thatit's ever really gotten nasty was with Reggie Miller. But we werefriends before that and we've been friends since then. When I go to thegames, it's to have fun. I'm respectful. If I say a player missed ashot, that's not talking about your mother, your family; it's all goodnature. The players enjoy talking to me and I enjoy talking to them.

But this last time against Boston -- you know that game where they disallowed Stoudemire’s three? -- Kevin Garnettlost it. He was cursing me out for no reason. Maybe because Stoudemiregave him 39 points, but take that vulgarity to Stoudemire. I'm notholding you and I did not even say s--- to Garnett the whole game. Thatreally surprised me. He lost it. He was cursing at me the whole game.He needs to calm the f--- down.

Well, you know what? It came back to bite him in the buttbecause STAT is starting for the East in the All-Star Game and KG isnot.
Next time they come -- [Spike checks the Knicks schedule] -- is on March 21st. So look, I don't like the Celtics, but I respect Doc [Rivers]. Doc's a good friend. You know I love Ray Allen.I hate the Celtics, but look, they've got good guys on that team. I'vegot friends on that team. Nate’s on the team. But Garnett needs to calmthe f--- down. There's no reason he should be cursing at me the way hedid the last game. So you can put that in the article. It wasdisrespectful and I would never do nothing like that to him.

That's crazy. Garnett has definitely had his share of temper tantrums -- no question about that.
I'm not even playing and I didn't say nothing to him the whole gameanyway. So if you're mad, start cursing out STAT, Stoudemire. Butyou're not going to do that s--- because Stoudemire’s not going to takeit. So he cursed at me and I’m 5-6½, 150. What he was saying was worsethan Reggie Miller. It was uncalled for.
http://espn.go.com/blog/n...iew-part-1-on-the-knicks

Dude is an absolute clown.

Kevin Garnett is one of those players that everyone hates if he isn't on their team. He has ALWAYS been like this. It's apart of his game.

KG is an all time great player.  I was a fan and really happy he got his ring. But dude is so annoying now.

Back
Top Bottom