Kicksology.net

Professor K retired I guess.

pimp.gif
GREAT site though.

Amazing reference material
pimp.gif

I read the FP1 and Air Jordan III review about 20 times.

Prof K
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

The greatest site ever. RIP. 

QFT!
pimp.gif

Basically the site that forwarded me to NT in 02

I remember spending an afternoons just reading as many reviews/designer interviews as possible, getting my knowledge up. Even emailed questions to Prof. K about the Zoom Jet Flights and the Sprewell And 1 Mad Games
laugh.gif
 got a reply back too on both emails.

I believe the site went down when the cost and maintenance of keeping it up was getting to be a problem

It led me to find NT also.
I remember one of the last times the founder posted on here, he might've been arguing with Method Man and getting banned.

I heard Steve from $ole Collector basically bought him out. Word is $.C had no real sneakerheads on staff besides Retrokid so Steve through cash at Prof. K just to say he reps $.C to legitimize his products and forum.

As I remember, the high cost, time consumption, and hate from some groups all pushed him to look for greener pastures. I believe I read that he went to work for Nike, but don't quote me on that.

Like many of yall, I'm on NT because of it.

The reviews were
smokin.gif
, can't believe its been 10 years since I've last been on it...

Originally Posted by BOMB SQUAD RECORDS

I heard Steve from $ole Collector basically bought him out. Word is $.C had no real sneakerheads on staff besides Retrokid so Steve through cash at Prof. K just to say he reps $.C to legitimize his products and forum.
How does that make him a sellout? He was barely making any money from his hobby and he also left a pretty good legacy at SC based off the quality of the reviews and photos over there.

Like others have said, I think the time/money/headaches led Prof. K to say goodbye to the site, and it was bought out by Sole Collector. 
I'm the opposite of what some of you guys are saying; NT led me to Kicksology. That doesn't take away how great of a site it was.
pimp.gif

Prof K was the man. I used to buy on his recommendations. Someone still has the archive of all his reviews I'm sure.

That site is the reason Ive always been on the Hunt for Jet flights. Finally found a pair this year

I looked on that site whenever I got a new pair of sneaks to see what they rated at. ah the good ol days.

Prof K sent me here too. I have the archive of all his reviews - I'll try and upload it later.

Originally Posted by Verdykt

That site is the reason Ive always been on the Hunt for Jet flights. Finally found a pair this year

I've been on the hunt as well, I check eBay a few times a week to no avail. Where did you cop?

Originally Posted by crcballer55

Originally Posted by BOMB SQUAD RECORDS

How does that make him a sellout? He was barely making any money from his hobby and he also left a pretty good legacy at SC based off the quality of the reviews and photos over there.

I think there is more to this story. Besides what good is a legacy when it comes with working for a company like $.C? Nothing personal with Prof K I just can not support anyone who is affiliated with that money grab, giant ego club know as $ole Collector.

Damn I use to be on Kicksology all the time back in the day

I actually used their reviews to find out what basketball shoes to buy lol

Back
Top Bottom