Kicksology.net

When I saw the Flightposite I and II on the site, I was a kid and went 
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
. I told myself to get them one day. Then they retro, but I didn't even go out to cop. The game really wasn't the same after that site closed. 
tired.gif

Found NT from Kicksology.net 
pimp.gif

I got the site archived too, I look at it from time to time to reminisce.

Originally Posted by Heshua

Does anyone know what he does at Nike now? Site was awesome for sure.

I think he went to SC and did reviews for them for a short stint. Then moved to Nike to test Nike running shoes if I'm not mistaken.

His site was definately appreciated and it's a shame that it's not around anymore..I don't think there was a more honest reviewer out there or a person who you could trust to be honest more than him..

Originally Posted by crcballer55

Originally Posted by BOMB SQUAD RECORDS

I heard Steve from $ole Collector basically bought him out. Word is $.C had no real sneakerheads on staff besides Retrokid so Steve through cash at Prof. K just to say he reps $.C to legitimize his products and forum.
How does that make him a sellout? He was barely making any money from his hobby and he also left a pretty good legacy at SC based off the quality of the reviews and photos over there.

he use to always be on NT... I always wondered what happened to him...

Definitely a site that is missed; does anyone remember his clothing line that also came out? Did any NTers pick up up any of his stuff? I wonder if the lack of sales of that clothing line hastened the closing down of the site or he was on his way out already...

His reviews and rating system were awesome... Even after reading his warning about the FPIIIs being uncomfortable for people w/wide feet like a fool I still went out to get them off eBay, just to get those "doublestacked" Zoom Air removable insoles...

First time I ever heard "lenticular" used in shoe design parlance lol (referring to the pods on the sides of the FPIIIs)

Glad he landed in a plum gig, anyone connected to him should ask (please) if he would consider starting it up again (?)

Originally Posted by jbv1

Definitely a site that is missed; does anyone remember his clothing line that also came out? Did any NTers pick up up any of his stuff? I wonder if the lack of sales of that clothing line hastened the closing down of the site or he was on his way out already...

His reviews and rating system were awesome... Even after reading his warning about the FPIIIs being uncomfortable for people w/wide feet like a fool I still went out to get them off eBay, just to get those "doublestacked" Zoom Air removable insoles...

First time I ever heard "lenticular" used in shoe design parlance lol (referring to the pods on the sides of the FPIIIs)

Glad he landed in a plum gig, anyone connected to him should ask (please) if he would consider starting it up again (?)
He was selling clothes and accepting donations for a while. But we all know how that goes.
laugh.gif
If it was now, and not back then when I was a poor teenager I would chip in. 
ohwell.gif
Pretty sure most of us would.  I just remember his interviews with the designers. That was
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I had a hoody and I loved it - super thick and the screenprint was great. The day it arrived it was about a million degrees but I wore it anyway.

I washed it once and it was about half the length instantly.

That's partly why I want a NT hoody...

Originally Posted by kdawg

Here's the folder with the site in it - just go to the link in the main folder and then you should be able to browse it like when it was live.

http://www.4shared.com/folder/lqJeRCth/_online.html

It's 50Mb if that matters.

link doesn't work?

But yeah, Kicksology was the reason I found NT. I fell in love with the Nike Ultraposites as a kid on there. I was like 11 or 12
laugh.gif
... Still want a pair bad even though those joints are ugly as %$@%, for nostalgic reasons.

i remember this site, they used to have very good reviews on the latest sneakers that came out. i use to always read the Jordan reviews and how they used to perform on the court.

I remember being in HS and guys picking their shoes for the season based on his reviews.

Wish him the best, site was solid.

I bought a long & short sleeve shirt. Both were great quality and fit great and they didn't shrink after they were washed. I still have both in great condition. I'm considering selling them soon, but haven't gotten the nerve to do it yet.

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

Originally Posted by kdawg

Here's the folder with the site in it - just go to the link in the main folder and then you should be able to browse it like when it was live.

http://www.4shared.com/folder/lqJeRCth/_online.html

It's 50Mb if that matters.

link doesn't work?

But yeah, Kicksology was the reason I found NT. I fell in love with the Nike Ultraposites as a kid on there. I was like 11 or 12
laugh.gif
... Still want a pair bad even though those joints are ugly as %$@%, for nostalgic reasons.
Weird. I checked it earlier.

Try this - http://www.4shared.com/zip/GQ8ORuf2/kicksology.html

Hard to get a file upload service nowadays...

that site was the reason why i bought a K1X sneaker
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
pimp.gif

i loved the reviews, literally took them to account when i was looking for a new balling shoe.

I used to look at his reviews religiously. I think the VC III's were the first shoe to get a perfect review. This thread brings back a lot of nostalgia from the days where I'd just hoop after school and never had to worry about much else.

Purchased some Zoom Flight Turbine's because of his review along with many others.

Back
Top Bottom