Killing season in Chicago....10 murders 63 shootings over the WEEKEND!

http://www.chicagobreakin...-a-violent-july-4th.html

[h1]Weekend tally: 10 slayings, 63 shootings[/h1]
July 6, 2009 6:51 AM | 65 Comments

The weekend that started violently has ended the same way.

Another four people were slain overnight, Chicago police said this morning.

Before that, six people had been killed and more than 20 wounded on city streets from Saturday into Sunday.

From the start of the holiday weekend midnight Friday until the early hours of this morning there were 63 shootings and one stabbing, according to police sources.

oh man. ill be visiting the end of the month for a few days. any colors or hats i shouldnt wear ? (half serious half sarcastic)

chi-town you say...its been calm over here in san francisco...only about 25 since the year began last year there were 50 around this time.

Dudes must of been goin a lil too hard at some cook outs
smh.gif

Sadly enough I was waiting for this to happen this yr seeing as it didn't happen in April like the past 3yrs. The 4th is the worst holiday to be out andabout in my opinion, people pay less attention to "pops" due to firecrackers perfect time for nuckle heads to get their gun play going.

I knew it was going to be bad when my cousin called me from the Taste saying they were poppin off
smh.gif
tired.gif

dont get me wrong, i love chicago..

but people always say "summer time in the chi is the best"...i'm like i have a better chance of living in the winter.

did last year 30 people get shot one weekend too?

[50 Cent]"Summertime is the killing season....It's hot out this $*%@#.....That's a good enough reason"[50 Cent]

Originally Posted by Prez T

63 in one weekend
eek.gif
eek.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

The police don't give a $$+@. It has to spread to the suburbs in order for action to be taken. You'd think with the gentrification that it'd besafer.

I knew it was going to be bad when my cousin called me from the Taste saying they were poppin off
smh.gif
tired.gif

cosign, i was there on july 3rd and some them n's was straight wildin, heard gunshots at least 3 times, mind you the tasteis FLOODED with cops around this time, chicago ALWAYS has hot summers like this tho, nothin new.

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

but people always say "summer time in the chi is the best"...i'm like i have a better chance of living in the winter.

Summer time Chi is the best !#+! ever... however heat brings out N words, and these youngsters have a total disregard for life nowadays sooo its a catch 22. And yea 30+ cats got popped during a weekend in April, same the year before that and the year before that. Thus since that weekend came and went I've beenwaiting for boys to jump reckless.

Originally Posted by Lazy B

63 in one weekend
eek.gif
eek.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

The police don't give a $$+@. It has to spread to the suburbs in order for action to be taken. You'd think with the gentrification that it'd be safer.

Weren't tons of people relocated from inner city areas to the suburbs?

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Summer time Chi is the best !#+! ever... however heat brings out N words, and these youngsters have a total disregard for life nowadays sooo its a catch 22. And yea 30+ cats got popped during a weekend in April, same the year before that and the year before that. Thus since that weekend came and went I've been waiting for boys to jump reckless.

why in April ? im not getting the significance of them goin buck then

Originally Posted by jose cansec0

smh.gif
tired.gif

cosign, i was there on july 3rd and some them n's was straight wildin, heard gunshots at least 3 times, mind you the taste is FLOODED with cops around this time, chicago ALWAYS has hot summers like this tho, nothin new.

My word I haven't been to the taste on the 3rd in the past 5 or so years for this exact reason. I wanted to take my daughter down there bad as hell then Iquickly came to my sense... Can't even enjoy downtown on that day G
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by Lazy B

63 in one weekend
eek.gif
eek.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

The police don't give a $$+@. It has to spread to the suburbs in order for action to be taken. You'd think with the gentrification that it'd be safer.

Weren't tons of people relocated from inner city areas to the suburbs?
Yeah when they tore down Cabrini Green and other developments. When I meant suburbs I should have said, they won't do anything until thosewith power and influence are put in harm's way.

*Not from the Chi so maybe someone (not Chi ill) can give a better input.

Summer time Chi is the best !#+! ever... however heat brings out N words, and these youngsters have a total disregard for life nowadays sooo its a catch 22. And yea 30+ cats got popped during a weekend in April, same the year before that and the year before that. Thus since that weekend came and went I've been waiting for boys to jump reckless.

1st time a !+$%! taste a lil heat

thats when it starts to feel good out side here most years

If I had to guess I would say because there is usually a little heat wave that comes around then and boys come back outside. Other than that I couldn'ttell you bro. I just know it was crazy the same exact weekend for 3 yrs if i'm not mistaken (I know for a fact it was two)

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Which is why I didnt wanna go out over the weekend....

son the next 7 you copp better be bulletproof
eek.gif

Tell me about it...Thats one thing I agree with HOV about... "I dont be in the project hallways, talkin' bout how I be in the projects all day....Thatsounds stupid to me..."

I love my city...but then again I hate it
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom