Know Your Rights: What To Do During Police Encounters

Thought I'd share this with you guys. I just got pulled over this evening on on some "you fit the description of a suspect" status, total B.S.Mind you it was dark, say 9pm. I also had on a fitted and a hoodie, and my seat was pretty leant back, which made it pretty damn near impossible to see myface. Long story short, he told me to get out my car, checked me for weapons, asked me stupid questions, meanwhile his partner was slick and went ahead andtried to do an illegal search on my car. I told the cop, "you don't have no warrant, and I don't you consent to search to my car." BOTH theirfaces were like
mad.gif
After about 30 minutes of my life wasted, I was finally let go. I had nothing to hide except maybe a pocket knife in the glovebox, butyou never know what these cops might find in your whip. KNOW YOUR RIGHTS. This video helped me avoid an illegal search tonight, and it might just save you atrip to jail somewhere down the line.
(it's about 45 mins long)

your car might've fit a description.

that video is very OD and I'm 5 minutes in. those hippies deserved the treatment they got.

In a perfect world that's great, but at the end of the day they're the cops and you're not, so they generally have impunity and can do whatever the%@%# they want and usually will. And if it comes down to your word against their's, again you're likely to lose.

The few times the cops have pulled me over and asked me questions like "do you have drugs on you?" "did you know you were speeding?""is there anything illegal in your vehicle?", the answer has always been "yes", but I've never been searched/harrassed..I figure whenthat happens it'll be a build up of all those times I got away lol..

Just be polite to the officer even though nobody wants to. Say "sir" or "officer". If you have nothing to hide then make it known you havenothing to hide.

you do realize if we were to watch that video then respond this post would already be on pg 10
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by newkidtadagame

The few times the cops have pulled me over and asked me questions like "do you have drugs on you?" "did you know you were speeding?" "is there anything illegal in your vehicle?", the answer has always been "yes", but I've never been searched/harrassed..I figure when that happens it'll be a build up of all those times I got away lol..
So you just say "yes"?

School cops FTL
Got pulled over with my homey they told us get out get against the car,we got out they started searching the car and us,my homey tells him "Your searchingmy +$%% illegally".
Cop tells him "I don't care boy now shut yo mouth before I put you on the ground out cold"
Gives him 4 tickets and takes his car away
smh.gif

I don't mess with cops no more they wasted a year of my life with bs probation and the like.
I hate all police

Originally Posted by infamousod

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

I've seen that video before, the professor has great points but in a lot of cases you're not helping by staying silent.
As long as staying silent doesn't hurt you (and it can't).� Talking to cops once you're arrested never helps. It can only hurt yourcase.

Know The Constitution and the Bill of Rights and you are set.

I've just watch a vid on The Constitution and the Bill of Rights. I will post'em up later.

That lawyer guy is so true. Damn im NEVER saying a WORD to the police. Damn, you cant even deny you did anything... and yeah when i get stopped for speeding,im not answering any questions either.

yea it's definitely a long video, but for those who can't afford to deal with the cops, I promise you it's worth it. Cops are trained to manipulateand exploit you.

Man that staying silent #%*$ don't work. I got stopped and harassed by some cops in the mall and they asked if I had my I'D and I didn't sayanything. So they assumed I did and ransacked my pockets and took out all my stuff, and when I tried to stop his hands, the other guy told me to "stopbuckin" or he'd stop me.

Back
Top Bottom