Kobe advises '12 team would beat Dream Team

MJ+-+AH.jpg

It would be a good game. But....

Howard and Chandler matching up against David Robinson and Patrick Ewing in their primes?

Kobe, Gordon, Harden, DWill, Russ, Paul matched up against Jordan, Stockton, Drexler and Magic

KD, Melo, Rudy, Iggy and Bron matched up against Chris Mullin, Scottie Pippen, Larry Bird

Blake, Love, Anthony David and Bosh against Barkley, Malone and Lattener?

It would be a good game, but idk man.

the Dream team II roster would be interesting too

Shaquille O'Neal
Alonzo Mourning
Larry Johnson
Derrick Coleman
Shawn Kemp
Dominique Wilkins
Joe Dumars
Steve Smith
Reggie Miller
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Dan Majerle
Kevin Johnson
Mark Price

I don't understand why people assumed the Dream Team as the GOAT considering the competition they faced.  Who were their toughest opponent in 92? Croatia with Kukoc?  
laugh.gif

Charles Barkley, Larry Bird, Clyde Drexler, Patrick Ewing, Magic Johnson, Michael Jordan, Christian Laettner, Karl Malone, Chris Mullin, Scottie Pippen, David Robinson and John Stockton

vs

G Chris Paul
G Deron Williams
G Russell Westbrook
G Kobe Bryant
G James Harden
F LeBron James
F Andre Iguodala
F Kevin Durant
F Carmelo Anthony
F Blake Griffin
F Kevin Love
C Tyson Chandler 

Originally Posted by Retro23J

like he said, bird, magic were at the end of their career.. jordan was in his prime.. but who would stop lebron, durant, westbrook? the players then are not fast enough to keep up with the players on this team. barkley, malone, cannot stop players that have inside outside games.. so what if you put pippen on lebron, who would stop durant?

Some may think he''s being crazy but one thing is you gotta respect Kobe's competitive spirit. He always believes he will come out with the W

Would be interesting even though 2012 lack size with this current line up. One thing people keep forgetting is Magic and Bird were already done with their careers. Bird only played in 2 games (bad back) and Magic had HIV at the time.

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

I don't understand why people assumed the Dream Team as the GOAT considering the competition they faced.  Who were their toughest opponent in 92? Croatia with Kukoc?  
laugh.gif

Charles Barkley, Larry Bird, Clyde Drexler, Patrick Ewing, Magic Johnson, Michael Jordan, Christian Laettner, Karl Malone, Chris Mullin, Scottie Pippen, David Robinson and John Stockton

vs

G Chris Paul
G Deron Williams
G Russell Westbrook
G Kobe Bryant
G James Harden
F LeBron James
F Andre Iguodala
F Kevin Durant
F Carmelo Anthony
F Blake Griffin
F Kevin Love
C Tyson Chandler 
nah, i still give the edge to '92
That's what I like about Kobe tho, his competitive spirit

was just looking up the 1992 stats, lets consider that Stockton BARELY played, and hes one of the greatest passers to ever step on a court. Magic didnt play all that much in the olympics after the tournament of the americas. barkely shot 71 PERCENT
eek.gif
in the olympics.. good god.

give me the old guys any day.

I don't really like comparing today's athletes with athletes from 20 years ago.

I would think today's athletes would beat the Dream Team, but you have to give respect to that '92 team.

This new team would curb stomp them.Speed size,strength,and training favors the new gen.Dream team is overhyped IMO.

*checks in for the expected 'Dream Team is way overated' replies*

Yep, there they are.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

I don't really like comparing today's athletes with athletes from 20 years ago.

I would think today's athletes would beat the Dream Team, but you have to give respect to that '92 team.

true that.. nobody is disrespecting them.. but with the change of the game, the players of now are much better.. too much versatility, speed..

again, who would stop lebron, durant, westbrook, kobe.. and barkley shot 71 percent, against teams that werent as good as now?

but a team with a 29 year old jordan can win any time.. still i think that '12 can win...

Back
Top Bottom