Kobe advises '12 team would beat Dream Team

Kobe right. '12 team would beat the Dream team enough times for them to say they're better, lets not act like they didn't lose to the college squad.

However, all those dudes in their prime wash the '12 team every single time even if the '12 team are all in their prime. Only difference maker to me is Dwight.

Originally Posted by prison mike

Originally Posted by hi5red

Reggie Miller = most overrated superstar ever

Kill yourself 10 times.

Reggie's up there in this category.

In the 1993-94 season when Jordan retired, a sophmore Latrell Sprewell made the all-NBA 1st team. A 28 year-old healty Reggier Miller who played all but 3 games that season didn't even make the all-NBA third team. People forget that at his very peak, Reggie Miller barely cracked a top 15 in the league list. He was an all-star 5 times in a 18 season career, a number too small considering the rep he has now. He made the all-NBA third team three times and that was it. Averaged around 3-3.5 rebounds and 3-3.5 assists. Everyone knows about the big shots he hit, and you'd be a moron not to want him on your team for the last shot. But over an entire game, he was overrated.

I want to know if there's anyone older than 25 actually think the '12 team can beat the Dream Team.

laugh.gif
at all this reckless talk.

Anyone actually seen Magic and Stockton play the PG position? We already know no one on that team is touching MJ defensively, with the exception of LBJ.

the '12 team are full of floppers, athletic but lacks the fundamentals of basketball, and cry babies who thinks the world of basketball owes them something.

the OG Dream Team will murk the '12 team based on fundamentals and basketball IQ alone.

David Robinson, Karl Malone and Scottie on their primes.

The only thing helping the '12 team are the imaginary fouls that will be called so Kobe and LBJ can shoot freethrows.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Charles Schwag

The 2012 Miami Heat are better than the '92 dream team

2012 Miami heat > 1992 Olympic dream team Barcelona
That 92 Olympic team played Angola, Croatia, lithuania....that's the competition?
Lebron James is better than anyone on that 92 dream team.

'12 Olympic team > '92 dream teamDurant, Melo, Kobe, Bron >>>> magic, Jordan, bird, Barkley

Cosine Larry bird being overrated....

Bird was the great white hope....jimmer freddette, Tim tebow...Amerikkka force fed us those lames

Larry bird was trash...
I really hope you're trolling or else this is the most reckless thing anyones ever said on Niketalk. I mean, we got people here who think David Robinson is "soft" and "slow" and Pippen was an "average" defender, but you just took this to a whole 'nother level (chris rock voice in Blame Game). 

Originally Posted by i just got lucky

I want to know if there's anyone older than 25 actually think the '12 team can beat the Dream Team.

Well, apparently there is someone considerably older: Kobe Bryant.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Originally Posted by i just got lucky

Well, apparently there is someone considerably older: Kobe Bryant.
Kobe needs to take that Mayweather drug test.

I don't think so Kobe. MJ was in his prime along with other all-stars.

It's always free to dream about something anyways.
roll.gif

i really don't understand how someone can say the '12 team would beat the '92 simply based of off athleticism..

unless they have never seen any of these guys play jordan, malone, robinson, pippen, barkley and drexler.. or conversely they've never watched guys like love or CP3 play

the majority of the team was in their respective primes of their careers:
jordan, barkley, malone and mullin were all 29
ewing, drexler and stockton were 30
pippen was 26
and robinson was 27

the whole team were career 47% or better shooters

i agree with what barkley said in that interview posted above, only a couple of guys on the present squad would actually stand a chance of making the '92 team

also considering the international rules that allow guys to be more physical, doesn't that favor the guys from the 90s?!

The Dream Team did without motivational speeches and empty promises to fans and did work. None of this talk about chemistry and gelling as a unit. They took their enormous egos with em to barcelona and came back with gold. Not sayin theyll blow the '12 team away, but the 92 squad has too many weapons...even without MJ. had to be around back then to really see that

Cats don't realize if lebron and crew were allowed the same leniency those 90s and 80s teams had they would wreck a lot of cats.Gsme changed because you got guys who are built pro wrestlers yet run like sprinters playing.You do not I repeat do not want lebron playing like bill lambieer or rodman .It would look like k1

ATGD7154xBBxMZ:
Kobe right. '12 team would beat the Dream team enough times for them to say they're better, lets not act like they didn't lose to the college squad.
First off, you ever heard Coach K talk about that game? Heard him talk about Daly's rotations for that game?
wink.gif

And second, you ever heard what happened the next day, when the Dream Team was used in a more regular, 'game time' mode? College team didn't even score a damn point.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

Cats don't realize if lebron and crew

who on the 2012 team USA is this crew you refer to?

Cats don't realize if lebron and crew were allowed the same leniency those 90s and 80s teams had they would wreck a lot of cats.Gsme changed because you got guys who are built pro wrestlers yet run like sprinters playing.You do not I repeat do not want lebron playing like bill lambieer or rodman .It would look like k1

and you realize lebron will be playing a ton of PF in the olympics.. so do you honestly believe he "would wreck a lot of cats" like malone and barkley (the 2 power forwards on the '92 team)

and they have 2 legit centers who can cheat off of chandler down low if he's in the game.. or they could play both of their PFs together, if the '12 squad decided to put love at center

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

ATGD7154xBBxMZ:
First off, you ever heard Coach K talk about that game? Heard him talk about Daly's rotations for that game?
wink.gif

And second, you ever heard what happened the next day, when the Dream Team was used in a more regular, 'game time' mode? College team didn't even score a damn point.
laugh.gif

and more importantly it was a damn practice scrimmage.. not an actual game.. a practice scrimmage

and as ska mentions, coach K outright admits daly threw the game.. so he could use it as a ploy to get control of the team

do we even know what the results of the 2012 team's practice scrimmages are? do they have a perfect record?

92> ain't nobody on the 2012 team gona stop Jordan! Also current NBA players are alot softer! Malone and Barkey would rape the 2012 team on the court!

I cant help but laugh when I read posts about how "far superior" athletes are today when it comes to athleticism etc etc. Like the legends were chopped liver or something.

O RLY?

1589a-karl_m.jpg

jordan_120517.jpg

52821951_PASSING2.jpg

robinda01.jpg

B-b-b-b-but its 2012! Far superior!

Come on stop it
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by babyface34

The Dream Team did without motivational speeches and empty promises to fans and did work. None of this talk about chemistry and gelling as a unit. They took their enormous egos with em to barcelona and came back with gold. Not sayin theyll blow the '12 team away, but the 92 squad has too many weapons...even without MJ. had to be around back then to really see that

They used their egos to get rid of isiah Thomas and bragged about it

Originally Posted by babyface34

They used their egos to get rid of isiah Thomas and bragged about it
That was only Jordan, and what does not having Isiah Thomas on the squad have to do with anything?

*Sees avy*

Oh Kobe a stan, shouldve known.

Whoever thinks that this team will beat the Dream Team needs to be reminded that the Dream Team is made up of Hall of Famers. Except Duke boy. 

Really expect Kobe to say any team he is on will lose... he's too much of a competitor to ever admit that, as Im sure MJ would have had the same reaction.

Robinson and Ewing would get off on the 12 squad
Barkley would go bully wit a fully

Defensively, 92 would harass 12

92 was too fundamental compared to 12

I laughed at dude that said 12 would win because of size and athleticism.  I actually laughed.

Charles Barkley
Larry Bird
Clyde Drexler
Patrick Ewing
Magic Johnson
Michael Jordan
Christian Laettner
Karl Malone
Chris Mullin
Scottie Pippen
David Robinson
John Stockton. 

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Chris Paul[/color]

Deron Williams
Russell Westbrook
Kobe Bryant
James Harden
LeBron James
Andre Iguodala
Kevin Durant
Carmelo Anthony
Blake Griffin
Kevin Love
Tyson Chandler 

RED indicates hall-of-fame inductee or who I predict will be in the hall at the end of their career.
Note that both Iggy and Harden are much better than Laettner.

On another note, imagine Dwight Howard on this 2012 team or Olajuwon on that 1992 team
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

dreamdwight.jpg

Let's not act like an ailing Bird, Chris Mullin, a rookie Laettner would be doing anything effective against Lebron, KD, or even Iggy. 
Even as a personal Kobe hater, he held his own against MJ. 

In a 7 game series, I'd bet $10,000 on the 2012 London team. 

Back
Top Bottom