Kobe Bryant = PLAYER OF THE CENTURY???

Yes, in years past it was all Duncan.

Which is why Parker was Finals MVP in 2007, nearly 5 years ago.

in all seriousness today 9-27-12 melo is not better than kobe. melo is one dimensional all he is is a talented scorer who can not defend. ill take kobe over melo 9/10 times today atleast kobe can defend when he wants to u switch them right now and the knicks will get out the first rounds and the lakers wouldnt...

It's way too earlier into the century to assert that Kobe is the best player of the century. Looking at the trend of the greatest superstars, someone skilled like kobe or jordan should be in the league within the next 5 years.

laugh.gif

I got a few minutes, why not?
08 means a lot to you, I see this. You forgot to mention 40% of his starting lineup was out that series, but you knew that I'm sure. But we won't bring it up, cuz it don't matter, right?
Paul Pierce, MVP of the series. Defended by Luke Walton and Vlad Radmonovic. Oh.
Question. If Luke Walton and Vlad Rad guard Kobe for a 6 game series, how does Kobe do? I hope you get the point of that.
Kobe had to choose, guard Ray, guard Rondo, guard Paul. Can't gaurd ALL of them, can only take 1, at a time at least. Naturally thru a series you will switch off onto each of them as the series goes along.
Boston on the other hand, guarded Kobe with Allen, Pierce, Posey, Tony Allen, and even some Rondo if I remember correctly. IE, they had BODIES to throw at Kobe. ENDLESS amounts of bodies.
So yes, Paul Pierce did outplay Kobe in that series. Cuz ya know, it was even in how they were defended.
laugh.gif

Everything I just said tho, probably won't mean jack **** and some more haters will come and give you thumbs up and pat you on the back and you'll all feel good about yourselves. Only, you'll all look stupid. But hey, what do I know? I have Lakers in my sig. I know nothing.
laugh.gif

As for demanding to be traded, Bynum, blah blah blah. Was he traded? No. Did they trade Bynum in 07? No. Did Bynum get a fire lit under him? Yes. Did he develop? Yes. There ya go. That's the end of your point. He said words, but nothing actually happened. He didn't quit, leave, hold out, or play for another team. He kept playing. Bynum and the rest of the bunch were actually near the top of the Western conference BEFORE Pau got there, in other words, they were improving as a unit. Bynum, Ariza was brought in, Fish was back, Farmar and Sasha were now useful, the team was growing on its own, Pau sealed the deal for them only to have 2 big holes created when Bynum and Ariza went down. (Bynum went down literally days before the trade) So please, spare all this trade/Bynum crap, it has zero point to anything except you and your buddies hate Kobe, which is perfectly fine.
Exactly. Well said

Back
Top Bottom