Kobe Bryant wearing Air Jordans in Games

Originally Posted by never wear them

You sir(swirv1).... probably one of the dumbest ppl here on Niketalk.... You get bagged on by teenagers in the Nike Retro forums, in the Nike forums and everywhere else for that matter.....

I'm on my iphone so I really can't lash out on the reason why Kobe is slightly better than Jordan... But one thing I will tell you to do.... GET ON YOUTUBE.... TYPE " KOBE JORDAN COMPARISONS by PHIL JACKSON "...... If there is one person that can truly answer that, it's PHIL... And guess who he goes with as a better player?..... And don't forget... Kobes only gona get better.... This is an early comparison... And YES... I grew up watching JORDAN and idolizing the man.... But Kobe is just something else that Jordan never had and could probably never have done with the HIGH LEVEL of TALENT that there is now....

I'll be back to post the reaons and interviews and so much more. And to the guy/kid that said lebron is more marketable?..... FYI... Kobe outsells lebron. These are Facts. And he outsells JB in Asia.... Someone bring up the reports please.
go in on em
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Swerv1n

Originally Posted by gijace

to all the haters..

what did Kobe do to all of you that you have to hate him so bad? did he hit you or embarrass you personally that you have to hate him?... c'mon guys.. you hate on the guy who didn't do anything to you except Idolize the person you Idolize too..

still, the thread is very nice.. Kobe in J's is just classic..

He committed rape and paid his victom off to avoid jail time.....bought his wife a forgive me present......and changed his number.....
indifferent.gif

He's a conceited ball-hog. Jordan took alot of shots too... but NEVER went 13 of 38 from the field...
sick.gif
....not to mention his 81 point game against the worst team in the country at the time he simply ran up the score to get his numbers. MJ couldve done that against the Cavs wit his 61 points but respects the game and its players not too.

i agree wit u though this thread is.......
pimp.gif
indifferent.gif
at your whole post(the only reasonable thing yousaid is how this thread is good)
can you say OVERSTATEMENT
laugh.gif
...worst team in the country eh?
but yeah MJ has as much of the same respect as he does for his consumers...rrrriiiiiggghhhtttt
eyes.gif

You sir... probably one of the dumbest ppl here on Niketalk.... You get bagged on by teenagers in the Nike Retro forums, in the Nike forums and everywhere else for that matter.....

I'll be back to post the reaons and interviews and so much more. And to the guy/kid that said lebron is more marketable?..... FYI... Kobe outsells lebron. These are Facts. And he outsells JB in Asia.... Someone bring up the reports please.

I'm dumb ..... this from a dude dumb enough to make his NT name "never wear them"
roll.gif
. You buy shoes to look at them....yeah your smart.
And i get more respect in any thread then u son. The only teenagers TRYING to bag on me is u. What does some little girl like u know about MJ.

Dont bother wasting your time posting your interviews and reasons i dont care what u or Phil Jackson say. Who u tryin to convince me or u. Your prolly onethose kids who played zero sports in high-school and thinks they know everything about sports...huh?
I was a 3 sport athlete (football b-ball and state champ in track in field).....i can respect what MJ did cause i'm an athlete like him and know i willnever reach that level of greatness. What could some lame like u know about sports......nothing.....go stare at your pathetic shoes.......
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jordanpheen

Jordanpheen huh....? Fitting name for someone who appears to hate MJ. Just tryin to fit in i think by saying u like his shoes. Maybe u should change it toKobepheen or Kobelover. You dont deserve that name. Next you'll be saying Kobe has better shoes too huh.....?

I feel for u ....both of u.......pitiful...........
roll.gif
laugh.gif

You guys really need to get off the Kobe Hate. You're witnessing the best basketball player of this era and you should feel lucky to be alive to witnessit. When he's retierd, most of these haters will be fans and say "I saw Kobe play!", just like the haters who hated MJ while he played, but nowlove him because he's retired.

It's fine that alot of you hate the Lakers, but don't hate Kobe's game.

Kobe is great, in 10 years LeBron will be greater than Kobe, MJ is the greatest.... Go ahead and start the
roll.gif
at that comment, but I honestly believethat...

I think a lot of people don't like Kobe because he is so arrogant.

I honestly don't think Kobe would have got 3 rings with the same Bulls team that MJ got 6 with.
ANYBODY who plays for a Lakers/Yankees type teamfor 12 years should have atleast 3 rings by default. I would have loved to see Kobe thrown into a team like the Bulls and go 72-10, and win 6 rings againstsome of the leagues ALL TIME greats.

PS - I don't hate Kobe at all. I love watching him play, but he is not MJ.

And I agree with xnyles about the defense. Back then they played real defense, now it is run and gun, 150-135 type games. The only time real defense is playedis in the playoffs. It's just like what's his name said that just retired from the NFL - It's turning into pansy game...

Originally Posted by gijace

to all the haters..

what did Kobe do to all of you that you have to hate him so bad? did he hit you or embarrass you personally that you have to hate him?... c'mon guys.. you hate on the guy who didn't do anything to you except Idolize the person you Idolize too..

still, the thread is very nice.. Kobe in J's is just classic..

He committed rape and paid his victom off to avoid jail time.....bought his wife a forgive me present......and changed his number.....
indifferent.gif

He's a conceited ball-hog. Jordan took alot of shots too... but NEVER went 13 of 38 from the field...
sick.gif
....not to mention his 81 point game against the worst team in the country at the time he simply ran up the score to get his numbers. MJ couldve done that against the Cavs wit his 61 points but respects the game and its players not too.

i agree wit u though this thread is.......
pimp.gif
you claim jordan has respect he was a complete $%$++#%. Everyone turns a blind eye to this fact. Dont you remember him shooting free throws withhis eyes closed and $%#$ just to stunt?

the man lacks character.

All of these MJ fans most likely didn't even watch the man play, they're just hating on Kobe because he's the best in the NBA, like it or not,they're going to have to live with that.

Let's not forget how much of a %*## MJ really was to his teammates.

Everyone likes to point fingers at Kobe and find anything to talk down on him about, but lets' not forget, MJ wasn't the perfect teammate everyonethought he was.

Of course, most of you wouldn't know about that, because all you see is what everyone around you talks about.

Jordan could of done this blah blah blah, Jordan could of scored 81 blah blah blah.

Well Kobe could of done alot of the things Jordan's done as well if you wanna play that game.

Kobe can't win without Shaq.

Hmmm, he's made it to the finals two seasons in a a row without a true center.

Had Kobe had a player like Pippen by his side, he could of three peated again.

I can't wait till the Lakers win the title and Kobe gets his finals MVP, it's going to be a nice long summer for all the Kobe haters.

Number 4 baby, AKA suck on this haters.

You sir... probably one of the dumbest ppl here on Niketalk.... You get bagged on by teenagers in the Nike Retro forums, in the Nike forums and everywhere else for that matter.....

I'm dumb ..... this from a dude dumb enough to make his NT name "never wear them"
roll.gif
And i get more respect in any thread then u son. The only teenagers TRYING to bag on me is u. What does some little girl like u know about MJ.

Dont bother wasting your time posting your interviews and reasons i dont care what u or Phil Jackson say. Who u tryin to convince me or u. Your prolly one those kids who played zero sports in high-school and thinks they know everything about sports...huh?
I was a 3 sport athlete (football b-ball and state champ in track in field).....i can respect what MJ did cause i'm an athlete like him and know i will never reach that level of greatness. What could some lame like u know about sports......nothing.....go stare at your pathetic shoes.......
laugh.gif

Jordanpheen huh....? Fitting name for someone who appears to hate MJ. Just tryin to fit in i think by saying u like his shoes. Maybe u should change it to Kobepheen or Kobelover. You dont deserve that name. Next you'll be saying Kobe has better shoes too huh.....?

roll.gif
laugh.gif
I dont hate any one...and of course not Jordan(hence the SN)
and while kobe has a great basketball sneaker Its Jordans>kobes for me(as far as casual sneakers outside of work)
Jordan and Kobe are two of my 3 favorite players...and do I really need to say I like his sneakers to fit in??? really??? is that what you think???
laugh.gif

Anyway everyone has there OWN opinion...which is why I don't understand why you're getting all defensive because we don't agree with you or havethe nerve to say something that you dont approve of...how dare we do such a thing?
laugh.gif

its fine to disagree...but I guess you feel like we're attacking you since you try and call names in your posts
no ones attacking you...we're just having an open discussion so try and not to take it so serious

Originally Posted by tree4twenty

Kobe is great, in 10 years LeBron will be greater than Kobe, MJ is the greatest.... Go ahead and start the
roll.gif
at that comment, but I honestly believe that...

I think a lot of people don't like Kobe because he is so arrogant.

I honestly don't think Kobe would have got 3 rings with the same Bulls team that MJ got 6 with.
ANYBODY who plays for a Lakers/Yankees type team for 12 years should have atleast 3 rings by default. I would have loved to see Kobe thrown into a team like the Bulls and go 72-10, and win 6 rings against some of the leagues ALL TIME greats.

PS - I don't hate Kobe at all. I love watching him play, but he is not MJ.

And I agree with xnyles about the defense. Back then they played real defense, now it is run and gun, 150-135 type games. The only time real defense is played is in the playoffs. It's just like what's his name said that just retired from the NFL - It's turning into pansy game...

Originally Posted by Ivehademall

The problem I think many of us older (I'm 30) fans have is that Kobe = copycat MJ. Everything about him in the begining of his career until only recently was about copying MJ's stye. I mean there are 1000 examples I can think of, but look at him in those french blue 12's....Mj wore tall baggy socks with that model and so what does Kobe do?....take a look @ the pic in this very thread. His walk, they way he speaks in interviews....pretty much everything is MJ. I dont have the interview but he even admits to studying MJ. I know I'm not alone on this. The younger generation seems to only know MJ from pics and old game videos and doesnt notice this as much or at all....

Kobe = wannabe.
My sentiments exactly.........(from 1996- 2002), until I realized all of it was pretty much a bunch of b.s. I jumped on the guy's bandwagonwhen just about everyone and their play cousins hopped off (rape case era). The guy clearly studied everything he knows from arguably the greatest player toever play the game, and the more I thought about it, damn near everyone else was doing the same thing. Big deal. The guy is a winner, so he's obviouslydoing something right. Hell, everybody "wannabe" like a winner, right?

Originally Posted by GreyScaleMethod

AF1 Beast wrote:

Jiffyl00b wrote:

niophyte0430 wrote:

AF1 Beast wrote:

kobepeiii.jpg

awesome!!!
pimp.gif

I remember a few years ago, the rumors started brewing that those were going too release
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
Theres still time.

Wouldn't mind a bit if that happened.
pimp.gif

Me neither, but knowing JB they would make this some kind of super limited release just like the True Blue's and that international release
smh.gif

JB should make this a L.A exclusive
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by dendanskesimon

you claim jordan has respect he was a complete $%$++#%. Everyone turns a blind eye to this fact. Dont you remember him shooting free throws with his eyes closed and $%#$ just to stunt?
uhhhh....that was the sh**.......
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
.....and when jordan did the shoulder shrug in 1992 against the Blazers"like i dont know why im so good its just in me" was a classic jordan moment.
jordanpheen wrote:
Anyway everyone has there OWN opinion...which is why I don't understand why you're getting all defensive because we don't agree with you or have the nerve to say something that you dont approve of...how dare we do such a thing?
laugh.gif

its fine to disagree...but I guess you feel like we're attacking you since you try and call names in your posts
no ones attacking you...we're just having an open discussion so try and not to take it so serious

You right.....i may have attacked u.....i apologize. I'm a passionate sports fan....maybe too passionate but thats how i am when i play too. I jump to thedefense of MJ cause i dont see how people dont see what i see. He is hands down the BEST NBA player ever.

To me Kobe is another D Wayed (no offense D Wayed) or a Tony Parker or Chris Paul (positions aside). He's good but aint the best at all. Jordan in hishayday wouldve taken all Kobe & Shaqs rings just like he took Sir Charles ...etc.

its all in good fun......great topic to debate but the answer is obvious.

WHERES KOBE'S STATUE.......?
WILL KOBE EVER HAVE A STATUE OUTSIDE THE STAPLES CENTER.....NO !!!!
WILL OTHER TEAMS RETIRE KOBE'S JERSEY.....NO
HE AINT EVEN THE BEST LAKER EVER....THATS A FACT

THE HOUSE THAT JORDAN BUILT

75d36c2440007bdd22d502f49b8b4b0cd759e651.jpg

23>other 23>24

smh.gif
at Kobe changing his number to be higher thanJordan. Congrats to him on the 4th ring though.

holy crap i never realized those were PE III's. I always thought they were true blues. Congrats to Kobe gettin his title without shaq

Funny commentary here...MJ is so much ahead of Kobe...even though Kobe is 2nd greatest ever...MJ dominated in a very physical NBA era...You Tube The JordanRules...Detroit made MJ mentally though he lost 3 str8 yrs to a very brutual and good Pistons team. He hit Detroit for 62 points in 1987 and only missed 4shots the whole game...you can You Tube that game...MJ is the greatest I will ever see play the game...I am a diehard
Pistons and MJ made me respect and love his game after he dethroned Detroit in 1991!

ok cool I understand about passion for the game...Im the same way
I even understand about you having a good...hell a great argument that Jordan is the best
but you really, like seriously don't think Kobe is the BEST in the NBA right now???
nerd.gif

imo hes top at least 3 off all time

Kobe got that 4th ring
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

My congrats goes out to the Lakers!!!!
smokin.gif

roll.gif

Dont bother wasting your time posting your interviews and reasons i dont care what u or Phil Jackson say. Who u tryin to convince me or u. Your prolly one those kids who played zero sports in high-school and thinks they know everything about sports...huh?
I was a 3 sport athlete (football b-ball and state champ in track in field).....i can respect what MJ did cause i'm an athlete like him and know i will never reach that level of greatness. What could some lame like u know about sports......nothing.....go stare at your pathetic shoes.......
laugh.gif

Jordanpheen huh....? Fitting name for someone who appears to hate MJ. Just tryin to fit in i think by saying u like his shoes. Maybe u should change it to Kobepheen or Kobelover. You dont deserve that name. Next you'll be saying Kobe has better shoes too huh.....?

roll.gif
laugh.gif

Something is wrong with you man..... This guy talks about my Screen name to how many sports he's played.... You have made yourself look silly, reallysilly. You get respect?... Funny. Matter of fact... I've been with NT since 02...never heard of you. You sir, gets bagged on constantly... Lame. Later-

kobe to haters...(singing in shaq's rap tune)

"you hate me cause I've been well fed than all of you"..."you hate me cause I'm next big thing than you"..."so,tell me how my*#% taste"

roll.gif

DOn't hate : COngratulate!

Again, I will re iterate...Kobe wore some awesome special makeup colorways for that 02-03 season which is what this thread isabout. My comments about Kobe have to do with his personality or lack of his own in the public eye. Some or many of you have taken my comment as "I loveMJ...he's the man...everyone else sux " and that is not at all how I intended that statement.
Take from that what you will, as I'm not trying to relive the past...only attempting to point out a copycat...sure"who wouldn't want to be like Mike?" can be said for anyone....I just find it very difficult to root for Kobe....and I'm not alone...I'min NY and have only met 1 person claim they were a Kobe fan and they were an obvious bandwagon/hype fan...not a knowledgable hoops fan by any stretch.....thereis something to be said about that in my eyes....just can't root for him. And he's obviously selfish...remember when he hurt Bynum this year? Was heupset that he injured his teammate or that he really hurt his chances for another ring? His reaction right after was very telling in my book about who hereally is......super-talented, driven, and selfish .

That's just my observation and opinion....now back to the shoes please.....

Back
Top Bottom