Kobe IV Appreciation thread

Yeah, I pretty much feel the same way about some of the older models too. There are some colorways that I used to be on the fence about that I'm grabbing immediately now if I see them for the right price, especially if it's a IV or a V. There's really no colorway that I hate on either model.

So...anyone play ball in the IVs recently?  How does it stack up against the newer shoes (Kobe IX, XX8, XX9)?

I'm just asking because looking back they were my favorite pair to ball in (tied with the xx8) in the past 7-8 years, but I haven't played in them in so long I'm wondering if that thought might be nostalgia based.

So...anyone play ball in the IVs recently?  How does it stack up against the newer shoes (Kobe IX, XX8, XX9)?

I'm just asking because looking back they were my favorite pair to ball in (tied with the xx8) in the past 7-8 years, but I haven't played in them in so long I'm wondering if that thought might be nostalgia based.
I ball in IVs every now and then for casual play indoors.  but for league games I wear my kobe 9s.   In comparison, I think the 9s are slightly better overall in performance.  The IV still feel good and comfy, but back in 2009 I thought they were the best bball shoes ever. I dont think that anymore at least performance wise, aesthetically maybe haha.  but its not a bad thing that shoe tech has gotten better right?   

Last edited:
I ball in IVs every now and then for casual play indoors.  but for league games I wear my kobe 9s.   In comparison, I think the 9s are slightly better overall in performance.  The IV still feel good and comfy, but back in 2009 I thought they were the best bball shoes ever. I dont think that anymore at least performance wise, aesthetically maybe haha.  but its not a bad thing that shoe tech has gotten better right?   

I used to think the same thing. Flywire was amazing in '09, but flyknit is a lot more comfortable.

Just curious, do u hoop with 9 highs or lows?

I was thinking about trying to pick up a pair of IVs for more casual play, just wearing around.  I had the whole Kobe line through the 7s, which I couldn't stand (to be honest, I rolled my ankle badly twice in them, after having not had a serious ankle roll in 4-5 years so I had to switch to something with more ankle support).  Now I'm wearing the Jordan xx8, and looking at picking up the xx9 - I almost came back to the Kobes this year, but wasn't sure if I liked the aesthetic of the highs.  Anyway, thanks for the input.

Also, as far as balling in the Kobes I always thought it went:

IV>VI>V>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>VII

IV>VI>V>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>VII
No problem, hope it helps.   I have balled in every kobe 1-9.  The 9s are really good if you are into the kobe line, I would def suggest you give it a try.  
smile.gif

on the other hand, I would keep looking for some IVs though, all the Cws are really stunning even if its just for casual use.  

Performance wise I still really like the IVs, with the one major downside being that the lunar cushioning bottoms out over time. I think they've definitely improved on that with the 9s, and the fact that you can swap out the insoles for new ones is great. I think if you were a fan of the IVs, it's definitely worth at least checking out the 9s or even the 8s. The VIIs have honestly been the only truly disappointing model performance wise to me in the whole sig line, going all the way back to the Huarache 2k4s.

Performance wise I still really like the IVs, with the one major downside being that the lunar cushioning bottoms out over time. I think they've definitely improved on that with the 9s, and the fact that you can swap out the insoles for new ones is great. I think if you were a fan of the IVs, it's definitely worth at least checking out the 9s or even the 8s. The VIIs have honestly been the only truly disappointing model performance wise to me in the whole sig line, going all the way back to the Huarache 2k4s.

Thanks, appreciate the info.

man, I really miss my Kobe 4s. I had 2 pairs, Del sol and POP. The Del sol's were stolen and my POP broke on me 2 years ago. Its really hard finding a good pair that doesn't cost a leg. 

Great wears fellas! I keep a pair of IV's in my bball rotation every week. Casually they are the shoe I rock the most. Basically my fav shoe of all time since I have the most pairs of them lol.

Back
Top Bottom