Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

waiting to try out the performance on court.  aesthetically these are just okay to me. I usually like every kobe model too.  I spent so much on the kobe 9...I feel like it might be good to try to pass on the Xs.  although I know ill still get 1-2 pairs at least. 

Absolute fire. Where did you cop and how much b?
Got it from PaniniAuthentic, they got a variety of nice Kobe signed merch. I took a trip out to LA last week and at the Lakers/Bulls game they gave out trading cards with a code for 24% off the website (code LAKERSKB24). Ended up at about 535, a little pricey but when I think of it in shoe terms, just a few pairs to sit out on. No sooner did I order it and it went out of stock, looks like I got the last one. I noticed someone on eBay trying to sell a framed one for 3 stacks!

I'm copping ASG I know mine won't peel like that.
word, me too, after that xx9 wear test vid, I don't trust nightwing. I bet his Kobes crumbled not because of his on court "athletecism", but because his own teammate stepped on his foot to spite him for hogging the ball and taking wild shots.

Who were them cats in the kobe x on court video. I didnt recognize none of them. Were they just pulling random homeless dudes off the street and throwing kobe xs on their feet for testing?

Can anyone identify the YouTube reviewer who I believe is Hispanic, has or had braids. And iirc, he reviewed mostly retried and not performance shoes.

Dude had some good insight and knowledge about a wide range of things centered on sneakers.

I'm a huge fan of Kobe, but I'm having a hard time justifying this purchase. However, I know I'll be salty if I don't cop. Lol. #thedilemma

Last edited:
Can anyone identify the YouTube reviewer who I believe is Hispanic, has or had braids. And iirc, he reviewed mostly retried and not performance shoes.

Dude had some good insight and knowledge about a wide range of things centered on sneakers.

Idk if your talking bout Just4kicks212

Hes an NT member too im wanna see his opinions on these as well

Copped a pair this morning.

Here are my initial thoughts:

Aesthetically these shoes are simple.  I like simple.  The sleek lines work well with the low cut.  The BL colorway is eye-popping and even better in person...

The shoe is fairly narrow pretty much throughout, which obviously suits those with a narrow foot.  When tied up the shoe provides a decent lock-down feel but I could feel a little heel slip - which may disappear once the shoe has been worn a few times etc.  I don't think the heel-slip issue is too much of a negative preventing one form purchasing the shoe.  

The lunar + zoom air combo on first approach is decent.  You can feel the response in the forefoot and heel.  It's relatively low to the ground and that first impression of being a 'boat' is quickly diminished.  I haven't balled in these yet, but I've ran around the house like a mad-man doing cuts etc similar to what would happen on the court lol - and the shoe is fairly stable.  The lateral carbon 'clip' also seems to prove it's worth for now.  The material on the upper is some sort of text tile, seems sturdy but not exactly breathable material - could be issues with ventilation later on. The tongue itself features several ventilation holes - so this will certainly help.  They aren't the lightest kicks out there, but certainly ain't heavy at all.

The translucent sole is sticky.  It's hard to describe the feel, but it's almost like a hairbrush or toothbrush.  Replace the bristles with plastic bristles and run your fingers through it.  I think these will either be a hit or miss on a wooden court - i'm leaning towards a hit.  In my experience most translucent soles do well in terms of traction when given a herringbone pattern.  

I really want to push these kicks out on the hardwood and see if they compare to the 8's or 2K4s (i haven't balled in the 9's).  I'm a PG so i'm looking to see how these will react on quick lateral cuts, quick changes of movement and random foot strikes lol.

Hoping to get a run out tomorrow (pre-season here) so i'll give these a go a get back to you all..

Not sure if this has been posted yet or not, I just noticed this pic on the bottom of the release details for the 5AM's on NDC, a couple ID options, looks like gradient sole on the first pair.
That top pair 
eek.gif

Is this happening tomorrow?

This upsets the don.

Was excited to cop the all stars for my everyday hoop shoes but not if they gonna peel like this. $200:smh:
My year of the snake 8s have been balled in for a year and still no tears rips peeling

It s his dog who destroy his shoes not in a game. That s impossible or nike is crazy

Copped a pair this morning.

Here are my initial thoughts:

Aesthetically these shoes are simple.  I like simple.  The sleek lines work well with the low cut.  The BL colorway is eye-popping and even better in person...

The shoe is fairly narrow pretty much throughout, which obviously suits those with a narrow foot.  When tied up the shoe provides a decent lock-down feel but I could feel a little heel slip - which may disappear once the shoe has been worn a few times etc.  I don't think the heel-slip issue is too much of a negative preventing one form purchasing the shoe.  

The lunar + zoom air combo on first approach is decent.  You can feel the response in the forefoot and heel.  It's relatively low to the ground and that first impression of being a 'boat' is quickly diminished.  I haven't balled in these yet, but I've ran around the house like a mad-man doing cuts etc similar to what would happen on the court lol - and the shoe is fairly stable.  The lateral carbon 'clip' also seems to prove it's worth for now.  The material on the upper is some sort of text tile, seems sturdy but not exactly breathable material - could be issues with ventilation later on. The tongue itself features several ventilation holes - so this will certainly help.  They aren't the lightest kicks out there, but certainly ain't heavy at all.

The translucent sole is sticky.  It's hard to describe the feel, but it's almost like a hairbrush or toothbrush.  Replace the bristles with plastic bristles and run your fingers through it.  I think these will either be a hit or miss on a wooden court - i'm leaning towards a hit.  In my experience most translucent soles do well in terms of traction when given a herringbone pattern.  

I really want to push these kicks out on the hardwood and see if they compare to the 8's or 2K4s (i haven't balled in the 9's).  I'm a PG so i'm looking to see how these will react on quick lateral cuts, quick changes of movement and random foot strikes lol.

Hoping to get a run out tomorrow (pre-season here) so i'll give these a go a get back to you all..

Thanks for posting an initial impression. How would you compare the fit to some previous Kobes? Is it the narrowest yet?

those inline Xs are too clean
And like the IXs they won't even release watch :smh:

Whoever paid money to shoot that wear test video needs to get out the shoe game. That was some of the worst ball I've seen on screen.

Picking up my pair from FL tomorrow. Eager to see what the shoe is like. Even more eager for flyknit. Stop trolling, Nike.

would like to know if anyone can compare between the 9 em with sizing. I'm hearing tts but ya boi got them wide feet so want to make sure.

Thanks for posting an initial impression. How would you compare the fit to some previous Kobes? Is it the narrowest yet?

I've only worn the 8 and I feel the 10s are more narrow. It could be due to the upper and the materials used. Again they'll definitely loosen up after a few wears.

For me they're TTS. Wider feet would either need to loosen up the laces or up size .5.

I've only worn the 8 and I feel the 10s are more narrow. It could be due to the upper and the materials used. Again they'll definitely loosen up after a few wears.

For me they're TTS. Wider feet would either need to loosen up the laces or up size .5.

Thanks!

Who were them cats in the kobe x on court video. I didnt recognize none of them. Were they just pulling random homeless dudes off the street and throwing kobe xs on their feet for testing?

Here's one who was there

Back
Top Bottom