Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

It's all opinion. I'm from the Modesto area, but I honestly want to make a trip out to the gym he plays at  and record him playing and put it in this thread. You said you've seen him play before didn't you?
Yea and ur right he isnt very good. Plays no d and is a blackhole .

But off the court he is a cool dude he'll tel u how the shoes r but like i said take it with a grain of salt.

I cosign on the kick genius they put good vids out and there workout vids are motivating especially wjen u see they jus ball bc thays what they like to do

Last edited:
I like the fact Nightwing's reviews are borderline boring and even lacking personality. I'm not looking for entertainment from shoe reviewers; and god knows there are lots of them who ham it up and make a big production of their videos. I just want a breakdown of a shoe's tech, and as Mastralf mentioned, Nightwing usually does a pretty good job of it.

As for his little rant at the end of the Kobe X review...seems like he was just responding to peoples' complaints about it costing $180. All he was saying is if you don't feel like spending that much, then DON'T. There are lots of cheaper options that'll perform just as well.

Where do you stay tho? I'm guessing new york (just a joke
laugh.gif
). I'm in so cal and you can get some legit runs out here during prime time hours.
I can almost co-sign this. I'm from NY and from my experience, the long winter gets a lot of people out of shape. Finding a consistent indoor game is also a pain in the ***. In so-cal, people play year round and you can actually get some great run outdoors. Just have to know what time people go out.

As for Nightwing, I think his reviews are informative but I don't really base my purchases off of what he says. I also don't think skill level makes that much of a different in terms of how a basketball shoe functions. I think it mostly comes down to preference. Kobe can probably beat most of us one on one with flip flops on but he'd probably prefer not to.

Some dudes need to get a grip. The vaaast majority of ballers Nike is selling to are going to be on nightwing's level or lower.

Eric Avar must be in his 50's and he's the DESIGNER of the shoe, you think he's destroying people on the court?

Personally I prefer his reviews to kickgenius. He seems a lot more knowledgable when it comes to functionality and tech, and gets straight to the point whereas kickgenius has a load of BS in every video.

Some dudes need to get a grip. The vaaast majority of ballers Nike is selling to are going to be on nightwing's level or lower.

Eric Avar must be in his 50's and he's the DESIGNER of the shoe, you think he's destroying people on the court?

Personally I prefer his reviews to kickgenius. He seems a lot more knowledgable when it comes to functionality and tech, and gets straight to the point whereas kickgenius has a load of BS in every video.

They bith seem knowledgeable but nightwing seems to have a slight edge in tech, but i prefer kickgenius reviews

It irked me when he said they are good for an aging player, cause i feel you can make a statement on why this shoe can go for any player

All I know is I went to footlocker today and tried them on. Very comfortable out of the box and look pretty good with jeans. Will cop at some point.

I like the fact Nightwing's reviews are borderline boring and even lacking personality. I'm not looking for entertainment from shoe reviewers; and god knows there are lots of them who ham it up and make a big production of their videos. I just want a breakdown of a shoe's tech, and as Mastralf mentioned, Nightwing usually does a pretty good job of it.

As for his little rant at the end of the Kobe X review...seems like he was just responding to peoples' complaints about it costing $180. All he was saying is if you don't feel like spending that much, then DON'T. There are lots of cheaper options that'll perform just as well.

Lol dudes be having minute long introductions to a 3 min video.....

I will cop these at a steep discount if I can, just curious about the shoe in terms of basketball, off court has no appeal for me. If not, oh well

I thought it has always been veni vidi vici "to come to see to conquer"
On the VI's (and VII's I think?) it read "BLACK MAMBA." On the back of the 8's, it translated to "CHASE PERFECTION." The inside of the Kobe 8 socks had "CARPE DIEM" and the 9's had "MASTERPIECE" and "VENI VIDI VICI." It's different on the X's.

Last edited:
Man patiently waiting NDC put them on sale... Slide with additional coupon and cop for whole family...

I just hope they don't take long... What is it normally 30 days maybe?

I thought it has always been veni vidi vici "to come to see to conquer"
On the VI's (and VII's I think?) it read "BLACK MAMBA." On the back of the 8's, it translated to "CHASE PERFECTION." The inside of the Kobe 8 socks had "CARPE DIEM" and the 9's had "MASTERPIECE" and "VENI VIDI VICI." It's different on the X's.
Yeah, the VIs had "black mamba" on the lateral part of the outsole. VIIs had "black mamba" on the bottom of the outsoles, and I think also "sheath" on the lateral part of the outsole. The Vs had "heart" on the lateral part of the outsole.

Man....I just ordered the blue lagoons but the purple has been catching my eye lately. My guess is that they are the blackout pair since that is its nickname and not a all black pair lol.

Real question for you guys Blue Lagoons or Blackout ( purple) pair.

Kobe 10 thoughts

So have had a few days in the 10s -  Plyometrics/jumping rope/sprints and a few games.  6' 190-195ish lbs pg/sg who plays quick, wants the best traction and likes minimal/low cut shoes. 

-Love the look of the 5 ams and just the overall aesthetics of the shoe....gotten a few compliments already

-The traction is good and will def get the job done but at least for me it is not quite in the 9s class.  I'd say 8 class prob

-Pretty comfortable just walking around/casual use. I'd say the cushioning is better than the 8s no doubt and maybe a hair better than the 9s.

-The shoe is more rigid/stiff than the 9 and just feels bulky on me compared to the 9.  I could feel being further from the floor and not being quite as explosive as I expect from any of the 9 lows (em or flyknit) or 8s. 

-Lockdown felt good, fit was pretty much TTS tho I could see some people moving down a half size and still being comfortable.  Still, 9 lockdown to me is a hair better with the flyknit and just totally feeling like it's one with ur foot. 

Overall- I like the 10. It's a solid shoe and Ill prob get a couple color ways - mostly  because  it's a really good looking shoe imo.  But after first falling in love with the 8 and then the 9 somehow 1 upping them in performance I was expecting to be blown away and for the type of player I am, it's just not a step up.  I could see maybe for bigger players and even spot up guys that the shoe might be very nice but if you use a lot of cutting/quickness in ur game the 9 is better no doubt.  Ill give em a few more days to break in but don't think it'll change- it's just a bit more "clunky" if I could use one word.  Think Ill be branching out from nike (which I've never done) and trying out some UA low top clutchfit drives  and prob a few more 9 em lows on disco ( still wish the damn color ways were better). 

few quick shots 

Last edited:
(¯`'•.¸(¯`'•.¸(¯`'•.¸(¯`'•.¸(¯`'•.¸       ~     Pool Party!     ~            ¸.•'´¯)¸.•'´¯)¸.•'´¯)¸.•'´¯)¸.•'´¯)

..................It's 5 A.M. Somewhere..................

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom