Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

Here are a couple vids and pics of me playing in and reviewing the Blues. You don't get to see me uhh skills sorry I didn't position my phone correctly but you at least get to see me moving in them. And sorry for the hoarseness of my voice in the video. Dood karate chopped me in the neck I think my first possession with the ball :smh: I'm 6' (in shoes >D) 170 by the way.

View media item 1394674

View media item 1394683

Last edited:
Tried these on at FootLocker yesterday.  Honestly, they felt good, but not $180 good.  

Compared to the EM 9's, I would say they are more comfortable initially, but the shoe seems longer (more room in toebox).  

I was a bit confused by the hyperfuse though, it looked like hyperfuse, but it wasn't because there was a layer of stuff underneath that negated the benefit of hyperfuse: ventilation.

Overall, I will cop a few colorways, but I am looking for a discount first.  

Also, I will wait for the unveiling of the flyknits.  I will have higher expectations on those, but I think they will be better.

Tried these on at FootLocker yesterday.  Honestly, they felt good, but not $180 good.  

Compared to the EM 9's, I would say they are more comfortable initially, but the shoe seems longer (more room in toebox).  

I was a bit confused by the hyperfuse though, it looked like hyperfuse, but it wasn't because there was a layer of stuff underneath that negated the benefit of hyperfuse: ventilation.

Also, I will wait for the unveiling of the flyknits.  I will have higher expectations on those, but I think they will be better.
the upper-materials are the worst thing about the X imo. It almost looks like mesh but actually it's just fuse and it doesn't really adjust to your foot when you move. Not very breathable either. My feet got hot from just sitting around! 

Last edited:
I keep reading people say the traction is not as good as the 9. I played in the 9 highs a bunch and thought they had terrible traction compared to the 8s. I seriously felt like I was playing on skates in the 9 highs. Were the 9 EMs better as far as traction was concerned? I did not buy another pair of 9s because I thought the traction was so bad. I am interested in the X mainly because I like the simple look and was hoping it would provide the same responsiveness of the 8 but would not bottom out as fast. I am not a heavy guy at 195 pounds, but as good as the 8s felt on my feet, my legs hurt after playing in the 8s. I honestly can't remember how the 9s felt because all memories I have are overshadowed by the lack of traction. I guess I could have gotten a defective pair which saved me a bunch of money in the long because I did not buy any additional pairs like normal.

I keep reading people say the traction is not as good as the 9. I played in the 9 highs a bunch and thought they had terrible traction compared to the 8s. I seriously felt like I was playing on skates in the 9 highs. Were the 9 EMs better as far as traction was concerned? I did not buy another pair of 9s because I thought the traction was so bad. I am interested in the X mainly because I like the simple look and was hoping it would provide the same responsiveness of the 8 but would not bottom out as fast. I am not a heavy guy at 195 pounds, but as good as the 8s felt on my feet, my legs hurt after playing in the 8s. I honestly can't remember how the 9s felt because all memories I have are overshadowed by the lack of traction. I guess I could have gotten a defective pair which saved me a bunch of money in the long because I did not buy any additional pairs like normal.
sam here man, not impressed with the traction oN the 9s at all, thought the 8s were better as well. I completely hated the cushioning as well, that modular inser garbage was too clunky, too much play in the shoe.

my bad if posted earlier...I haven't kept up in here.   

I know ppl clowning on nightwing that he cant ball, but besides that if anything at least he goes over some aspects of the shoe that might help someone before purchasing.  

Last edited:
Posted it yesterday. Just can't justify dropping $180/$200 on these... will wait for that STEEP discount :lol:

Last edited:
Posted it yesterday. Just can't justify dropping $180/$200 on these... will wait for that STEEP discount
laugh.gif
for sure.  my fault on the double post then.  but I completely agree with you there. I'm going to try to pass until discount comes.  the 9s killed the wallet.  

I saw these in person. I like them but not for 180. I hope I can scoop on a discount later down the road.

the upper-materials are the worst thing about the X imo. It almost looks like mesh but actually it's just fuse and it doesn't really adjust to your foot when you move. Not very breathable either. My feet got hot from just sitting around! 

I agree. I saw these in person and the upper materials sucked. They feel like 1st gen fuse and have no breathability. I can't speak on anything else really. Didn't try them on, so I'll leave that stuff to people who have. Basically, this is not a 180 dollar shoe. Shoes used to have full length zoom, a carbon fiber shank plate and leather and be under 150. But this is the basketball shoe world (especially with Nike/JB) nowadays.

All of those upcoming GR colorways are easy passes for me. I'll be ready for whatever flyknit Kobe Xs that may come. 

Last edited:
I know there is a lot of hate out there for the X's. It mainly stems from the price of it and I understand that but I do feel people will regret not getting em

This is the first turnaround on a kobe for me. I was on board with initial pics but im starting to lose interest. They look so generic compared to all his other sigs and that price increase for no reason is stupid.

My biggest complaint right now with the shoe is how they have the stitching on one side the the shozoku on the other. Should just get rid of the stiching idea. Whats gonna happen next year, the shoe is gonna be modeled after his shoulder surgery. Maybe they will put an emblem of a sling on the back. 

Same issue for me. Terrible idea, they should have just stuck with one or the other.

Back
Top Bottom