Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

The allstars are the best x imo
but with that being said If i had a shoe that was based of something in nyc I would have chose something else
not that fair

Last edited:
"The KOBE X Blackout and coordinated apparel will be available globally at nike.com and select retail locations on Feb. 21. This season’s remaining two colorways of the KOBE X will be introduced over the coming weeks."

:nerd:   ~  So only four total colorways for the Kobe Xs aside from the ASGs?  Pretty unusual if it's true, but I guess Nike is on to the the FK highs?  Any word on there being FK lows for the X or is that just wishful thinking at this time...
They gotta be coming with the Flyknit then :nerd:

waiting to see if I get called for the All-Star....but really wanting the Silk Road's when they drop. IMO those are the best looking colorway 

Saw the blue lagoons first hand today.  I still feel let down in comparison to the flyknit 9's.   Definitely passing on the lows.  

As a size 14...I still don't understand how shoes look "long."
laugh.gif

Also...5AMs would look good with red laces too. Black, orange, pink...all looking good.

damn thats a creepy looking feet
roll.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
You're maybe .5  bigger, but these fit TTS. That said, he can put an insole if they're a little too big for him 
wink.gif

Last edited:
My Performance Thoughts on these. Little background on me,  i'm 6'0 around 175 lbs, played HS and a little college ball at my university. Ran the SG.

Traction: top notch on these, doing handle work, any lateral movement, and sharp cuts the shoes gripped the floor extremely well. I didn't really have to wipe at all. I thought they were significantly better than the 8s and slightly better than the 9s here. 

Lockdown: These fit true to size, a little narrow mid foot. I don't feel like lockdown is one of its greatest features. Although not a major issue and maybe this will change with more break in, the stiffness of the upper didn't make it super flexible so it didn't have that extension of the foot feeling like the 8s. 

Cushioning/Impact Protection: This is the shoes strongest feature in my opinion. I have jumpers knees so usually after playing basketball my knees are in quite a bit of pain, but i did not experience this at all with the Xs. The heel zoom is very well padded and prominent. When coming down after any jump the zoom unit was very responsive. I honestly felt super comfortable while playing, more so than any other shoe. The trade off for this is that you do not get the same low to the ground feeling that you got with the 8s or even somewhat with the 9s. 

Overall, I really do like these shoes, I feel like if you're a player with bad knees or any leg injury, these are great the cushion and traction set up is a blessing. If you want a really low to the ground shoe you're not going to notice than these are not for you.

If any one has any questions feel free to ask, i figured id spare you guys with a video review haha unless people want I can do a detailed comparison of the 8s, 9s and 10s since i own and have balled in all three. 

My Performance Thoughts on these. Little background on me,  i'm 6'0 around 175 lbs, played HS and a little college ball at my university. Ran the SG.

Traction: top notch on these, doing handle work, any lateral movement, and sharp cuts the shoes gripped the floor extremely well. I didn't really have to wipe at all. I thought they were significantly better than the 8s and slightly better than the 9s here. 

Lockdown: These fit true to size, a little narrow mid foot. I don't feel like lockdown is one of its greatest features. Although not a major issue and maybe this will change with more break in, the stiffness of the upper didn't make it super flexible so it didn't have that extension of the foot feeling like the 8s. 

Cushioning/Impact Protection: This is the shoes strongest feature in my opinion. I have jumpers knees so usually after playing basketball my knees are in quite a bit of pain, but i did not experience this at all with the Xs. The heel zoom is very well padded and prominent. When coming down after any jump the zoom unit was very responsive. I honestly felt super comfortable while playing, more so than any other shoe. The trade off for this is that you do not get the same low to the ground feeling that you got with the 8s or even somewhat with the 9s. 

Overall, I really do like these shoes, I feel like if you're a player with bad knees or any leg injury, these are great the cushion and traction set up is a blessing. If you want a really low to the ground shoe you're not going to notice than these are not for you.

If any one has any questions feel free to ask, i figured id spare you guys with a video review haha unless people want I can do a detailed comparison of the 8s, 9s and 10s since i own and have balled in all three. 

Good review

What other shoes you use?

I've been using the flyknit low 9s, purple gradient 8s, and the jordan 29s. I got the kyries coming in so excited to see how those perform as well. 
Repped.  Thanks for the quick review on the kobe X,  how would you compare the jordan 29 to the kobe x and kobe 9

Wish they would've thrown a little maize on the liner behind the tongue, like how the 5AMs have a lil red behind the tongue.

Wonder what Nike cooks up for the "Blackout" story. Better not be about the damn lighting at Staples, lol. And is that really what the "Blackout" KB1 was about? I could've sworn it had something to do with a scoring streak or the 81 point game.

The latest installment to the KOBE X is the "Blackout", inspired by when Kobe used to get beat up as a young boy in Italy, "blacking out" to unconsciousness. Nike went against the grain with this release, adding a deep purple to match the bruises Kobe received while getting beat. The strong mesh upper, symbolizes Kobe's strength and endurance, as he was beat up over and over as a child. The KOBE X’s dynamic traction is sure to help you get away from the typical playground beatdown, or even a back alley mugging.

The Nike Kobe X "Blackout" release date is Feb. 21, 2015.

View media item 1397210

The latest installment to the KOBE X is the "Blackout", inspired by when Kobe used to get beat up as a young boy in Italy, "blacking out" to unconsciousness. Nike went against the grain with this release, adding a deep purple to match the bruises Kobe received while getting beat. The strong mesh upper, symbolizes Kobe's strength and endurance, as he was beat up over and over as a child. The KOBE X’s dynamic traction is sure to help you get away from the typical playground beatdown, or even a back alley mugging.

The Nike Kobe X "Blackout" release date is Feb. 21, 2015.

I can't tell is this is a Nike Story or one of your great ones. :lol:

Last edited:
whatever the inspiration or story is....sounds stupid to me lol.  The purple cw is cool, but they need to stop with these wack stories

Back
Top Bottom