Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

As a size 14...I still don't understand how shoes look "long."
laugh.gif

Also...5AMs would look good with red laces too. Black, orange, pink...all looking good.
dude we can fix this with a hacksaw, some gorilla glue, tape and a lot of alcohol 
devil.gif
 we'll have you in a respectable 9-11
tired.gif
 I just can't promise both feet will be within a size of each other
laugh.gif

Walked into HOH to look at these. Ended up liking the Blackout and that GSW-ish mentalitys more. :lol:

Last edited:
It's all opinion. I'm from the Modesto area, but I honestly want to make a trip out to the gym he plays at  and record him playing and put it in this thread. You said you've seen him play before didn't you?
Yea and ur right he isnt very good. Plays no d and is a blackhole .he will come down jack up a shot air ball and act like be didnt jus do that same thing the last 3 possessions lol

But off the court he is a cool dude hell tel u how the shoes but like i said take it with a grain of salt.

I cosign on the kick genius they put good vids out and there workout vids are motivating especially wjen u see

Actually the inspiration for the Kobe 1 blackout, was actually lighting. The staples center had been notorious for not dimming their lighting for Laker games, due to the fact that some fans ( the chicks in the crowd who could care less about a basketball game, but came along for the status, and to be seen ) enjoy people watching the celebs in the audience. However this particular year the organization decided to focus more on the actual game by "blacking out" (dimming) the lighting, like every other arena. True story.
This isn't the first season they've dimmed the lights.

Actually the inspiration for the Kobe 1 blackout, was actually lighting. The staples center had been notorious for not dimming their lighting for Laker games, due to the fact that some fans ( the chicks in the crowd who could care less about a basketball game, but came along for the status, and to be seen ) enjoy people watching the celebs in the audience. However this particular year the organization decided to focus more on the actual game by "blacking out" (dimming) the lighting, like every other arena. True story.
huh? Lakers been doing this since they moved into Staples Center. not news.

black is pretty decent
looks better. I think a teal or very light blue would look good. How is the tongues cushioning? When I ball I tie my laces real tight and the 9 was more comfy than the 8 because of that factor. Looks like it has a lot of cush but I'm worried about how unnecessarily high it goes for a low.

huh? Lakers been doing this since they moved into Staples Center. not news.

There's a difference in their lighting from like 2006 to 2008

I feel the Kobe X ASG has the most potential out of the ASG pack,  had Kobe been playing and wore this during the game. It has no significance to me if he doesn't play in it or wear this during the AS game

This isn't the first season they've dimmed the lights.

They've been doing that since the great western forum days

That's how Dr Buss wanted it, to be an event, because it was LA.

I've been a fan that long

Notice the difference in the lighting and how the crowd looks like
This is true but also the techniques used for taking photographs can effect the background lighting. Different features on cameras can dim background lighting as opposed to what is focused on the camera

The photographer could have also very easily used an editing tool to darken the crowd out of the 2008 picture.

Go on YouTube and watch the 81 point game then watch a game from 2007-2008

The lighting is very different

Last edited:
They made the lighting change at Staples at the beginning of the 06-07 season. It's not just a photography thing. There was even a "Lights Out" campaign if I remember right.

http://lakeshowlife.com/2014/10/08/clippers-follow-lakers-path-staples-center-lighting-change/

Don't know if that's what the "Black Out" Kobe 1s is inspired by though since the 1s came out the season prior.

I'm surprised people don't remember this. You can see the difference between a laker and clipper game

"The KOBE X Blackout and coordinated apparel will be available globally at nike.com and select retail locations on Feb. 21. This season’s remaining two colorways of the KOBE X will be introduced over the coming weeks."

nerd.gif
  ~  So only four total colorways for the Kobe Xs aside from the ASGs?  Pretty unusual if it's true, but I guess Nike is on to the the FK highs?  Any word on there being FK lows for the X or is that just wishful thinking at this time...

"The KOBE X Blackout and coordinated apparel will be available globally at nike.com and select retail locations on Feb. 21. This season’s remaining two colorways of the KOBE X will be introduced over the coming weeks."

nerd.gif
  ~  So only four total colorways for the Kobe Xs aside from the ASGs?  Pretty unusual if it's true, but I guess Nike is on to the the FK highs?  Any word on there being FK lows for the X or is that just wishful thinking at this time...
ohwell.gif
 only 4 cws?? 3 cw in 3 straight weeks too..unless there's a del sol cw, I guess i'm taking it to the ID

Saw the BLs in person on a guy I was hooping with the other night. Look great on-court for the most part. One thing that's a huge pet-peeve for me though is tongues that veer off to the side. Every on-court shot I've seen, it looks like the tongue shift to the lateral side. IMO it just makes the tongue look too big and sloppy.

Other than that, the X's look great. BL pops in person and the hue of blue grabs your attention in a "that color is really nice" way as opposed to red "wow those are bright" shoes that have been flooding the market lately. (I do really like red on sneakers though lol)

Back
Top Bottom