Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

ok smart ***. let me break it down for you so you can understand.

with the kobe shoe we have been getting 2 models, the regular model and an elite model. for the 9, we got 3. regular, elite, and elite high (disregard EXT). the elite model, which you are referring to, is the one that had flyknit. once again, i'll repeat myself, the ELITE model had flyknit..

what you're doing is comparing an ELITE model to a REGULAR model.

when you see pictures of the kobe X elite, then by all means ***** all you want. but right now, your nagging makes no sense.

the picture we got is, without a doubt in my mind, the regular version of the shoe.

Thanks for taking time to do that. That's why I love Canadians. [emoji]128077[/emoji]

love when canadians call you out for complaining about something you can't seem to comprehend? 8)

true

Last edited:
You guys are missing the point. Model variations don't apply. What's the main model of the 9? It's the Elite not the EM. That's what folks are comparing. The main model of the sig. Coming from the Elite this is a downgrade if it's the main model.

You guys are missing the point. Model variations don't apply. What's the main model of the 9? It's the Elite not the EM. That's what folks are comparing. The main model of the sig. Coming from the Elite this is a downgrade if it's the main model.

the only reason the elite was released first was because it was something new and if you're going to do a huge event for kobe, you have to show off your best product at that moment. in years past, we have never seen an elite announced that early because the elite shoe was never really anything special.

the kobe 7 elite had carbon fibre heel cup and a different upper
the kobe 8 elite had exposed lateral flywire and a carbon fibre heel cup

the kobe 9 elite had a flyknit upper, looked like a boot, and it looked nothing like the low cut EM.

you can't compare a shoe that had "premium" materials one year to a shoe that's going to be the base model the next. it just doesn't make sense. it doesn't matter what "the main model" was. you have to compare them fairly.

it's like trying to compare the most expensive BMW from 2014 to the cheapest 2015 BMW. the 2014, although a year old, would blow the base model 2015 out of the water in ever way.

people complain every single year. it's the same thing

"ugly"
"pass"
"wtf nike???"

and then we get official word from nike and/or kobe wears a PE and everyone is going :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin

Last edited:
Need more angles

These don't exactly hypnotize me like the 9 highs did at 1st sight

But can't say I don't like them so far

It makes sense because the 9 is the exception. Unlike the other sigs the Elite launched 1st on the 9. There are more Elite CWs than any other variation of the 9. The low and EM were the side models on the 9. Again I ask if there was a Kobe retro card like MJs, who's gonna put the EM as the 9? The Elite term is misleading anyway because it's the exact same as the low. Most Elites have better tech. The 9 is just taller.

Last edited:
It makes sense because the 9 is the exception. Unlike the other sigs the Elite launched 1st on the 9. There are more Elite CWs than any other variation of the 9. The low and EM were the side models on the 9. Again I ask if there was a Kobe retro card like MJs, who's gonna put the EM as the 9? The Elite term is misleading anyway because it's the exact same as the low. Most Elites have better tech. The 9 is just taller.

exactly. so why compare a shoe with better tech to a shoe that isn't meant to have better tech?

exactly. so why compare a shoe with better tech to a shoe that isn't meant to have better tech?
Cause people are wanting to find the tiniest reason to attempt to convince themselves not to buy a new shoe model.

And this is after seeing one picture.  Smh.

Yeah still don't like them. Won't lie to myself and say 1-2 CWs won't get the ok from me but I don't plan on buying these. Congrats to those that do like them. Although ball wise I am curious about these.

It looks like Hyperfuse but we don't know for sure, do we?

In the deconstructed pic it looks like something else entirely. Kyrie Irving 1s look like hyperfuse but isn't it some kind of mesh? I think these might be the same.

Edit: Kyrie 1s are hyperfuse! Ah well. Maybe they're lower the price back to 125.

Last edited:

It looks like Hyperfuse but we don't know for sure, do we?

In the deconstructed pic it looks like something else entirely. Kyrie Irving 1s look like hyperfuse but isn't it some kind of mesh? I think these might be the same.
Exactly what I was thinking, it looks a lot like the mesh used on the Kyrie 1. And that on the K1 is Hyperfuse, it's mentioned on the tech sheet.

Edit, here's the tech sheet:

Last edited:
Cause people are wanting to find the tiniest reason to attempt to convince themselves not to buy a new shoe model.

And this is after seeing one picture.  Smh.

I said there ok. I buy at least one of every sig for collection purposes. You didn't comprehend what I was saying either apparently.

You guys are basically saying I can't compare how the 9 elite and 10 look because the tech of the 9 elite. So by that logic I can't compare a Jordan 3s looks vs the 11 because of the gap in tech. Makes no sense to me but whatever.

Last edited:
I wonder if Nike is trying to lower the price of their signatures to compete with adidas and under armour. I don't think they have to but i won't complain. Lebrons went down in price from the last model. Irvings are starting off at only 110. I can see these Kobes going back to maybe 140 from 160 for last years model.

I wonder if Nike is trying to lower the price of their signatures to compete with adidas and under armour. I don't think they have to but i won't complain. Lebrons went down in price from the last model. Irvings are starting off at only 110. I can see these Kobes going back to maybe 140 from 160 for last years model.
No, LeBrons are still $200. They only got $5 cheaper on iD.

I said there ok. I buy at least one of every sig for collection purposes. You didn't comprehend what I was saying either apparently.

You guys are basically saying I can't compare how the 9 elite and 10 look because the tech of the 9 elite. So by that logic I can't compare a Jordan 3s looks vs the 11 because of the gap in tech. Makes no sense to me but whatever.
What it means is you should compare elite vs. elite, reg model vs. reg model.

Makes no sense to compare the elite with a non elite.

I like the profile...looks like it'll perform like a beast.  Too bad tongue went back to thin- cause one  thing about the 8 is that tongue would slid to the side all the damn time unlike the 9 that wouldn't budge.

I think there's a lot more going on tech wise than people are giving it credit for.  I highly doubt that's just a basic hyperfuse....kobes 10th shoe will have some amazing tech, we all know that's guaranteed - he wouldn't let them just throw on old subpar stuff.  Ill wait for more pics and a breakdown of the shoe but I'm def in just from what I've seen so far.  

The only difference is the tech and the fact it's branded elite right? I'm comparing the LOOK of the shoe. What the hell are you guys talking about you can't compare the look of a elite vs anything else? This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard on NT.

I wonder if the milky translucent midsole has performance incorporated, or is merely aesthetic. Regardless, I like the look!

The only difference is the tech and the fact it's branded elite right? I'm comparing the LOOK of the shoe. What the hell are you guys talking about you can't compare the look of a elite vs anything else? This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard on NT.
You can compare all you want but it doesn't make sense seeing as how we don't know what the kobe 10 elite looks like

Looks better than previous pics but I love the color purple so it may just be that

You can compare all you want but it doesn't make sense seeing as how we don't know what the kobe 10 elite looks like

Dude that doesn't matter. Who walks around and thinks to themselves I can't pick if shoe A looks better then B because A is elite and B isn't? That's insane. Looks and shoe tech are two different things. You can't be serious.

Dude that doesn't matter. Who walks around and thinks to themselves I can't pick if shoe A looks better then B because A is elite and B isn't? That's insane. Looks and shoe tech are two different things. You can't be serious.

no, it's you that can't be serious.

you're comparing a shoe that is supposed to be the premium version of a product to a shoe that's the base version.

like i said with my previous analogy, does it make sense to compare a high end 2014 vehicle to a base model 2015 vehicle?? no, it does not.

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom