Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

Review update

So in my initial review after playing in these (5ams) a few days was overall a good shoe with cushion being the biggest upgrade but was really down on the traction compared to the 9s.  The the first few days to first week these things we're pissing me the f off and I couldn't make cuts and slashes without my foot slipping which is prob my biggest pet peeve for a bball shoe.  Kills your quickness and can cause a lot of injuries.  To say the least it was a huge letdown coming from the 9.  But after using them for weeks for lifting and sprints/plyos these things are gripping much much better.

I was just shooting around today and any cuts I made the shoe was 100% better than the initial week.  It's weird as hell, but the traction pattern on these are weird as hell so...  I think what happens with these is the sole/rubber of these shoes as people know who have these suck up dust/dirt pretty easy....the nice blue color gets pretty dirty no matter what.  That initial coat of dust I think is what caused me to initially slide so much...it seems after the traction is kind of over that initial coat they settle into gripping much better, to where most shoes traction get worse w/ more use,  these seem to need a little break in period.  It's weird but it's all I can come up with because while I still think they are not quite there with the 9 traction wise, they are super solid now to where Im not slipping at all and any plants and push offs I make are feeling great.  I did wipe a few times but it was minimal - so Im going to have to adjust my initial review...these are getting an upgrade BUT know they need break in time for the upper and yes even the traction to kick in (unless ur playing on NBA/college courts that are dust free for the most part). 

Unfortunately for me that means Im going to be getting more pairs and more cash is going to the kobe shoe fund.  Still think 5 ams are the best color way so far but the blackouts just became mighty appealing...fck hahaa

Last edited:
Review update

So in my initial review after playing in these (5ams) a few days was overall a good shoe with cushion being the biggest upgrade but was really down on the traction compared to the 9s.  The the first few days to first week these things we're pissing me the f off and I couldn't make cuts and slashes without my foot slipping which is prob my biggest pet peeve for a bball shoe.  Kills your quickness and can cause a lot of injuries.  To say the least it was a huge letdown coming from the 9.  But after using them for weeks for lifting and sprints/plyos these things are gripping much much better.

I was just shooting around today and any cuts I made the shoe was 100% better than the initial week.  It's weird as hell, but the traction pattern on these are weird as hell so...  I think what happens with these is the sole/rubber of these shoes as people know who have these suck up dust/dirt pretty easy....the nice blue color gets pretty dirty no matter what.  That initial coat of dust I think is what caused me to initially slide so much...it seems after the traction is kind of over that initial coat they settle into gripping much better, to where most shoes traction get worse w/ more use,  these seem to need a little break in period.  It's weird but it's all I can come up with because while I still think they are not quite there with the 9 traction wise, they are super solid now to where Im not slipping at all and any plants and push offs I make are feeling great.  I did wipe a few times but it was minimal - so Im going to have to adjust my initial review...these are getting an upgrade BUT know they need break in time for the upper and yes even the traction to kick in (unless ur playing on NBA/college courts that are dust free for the most part). 

Unfortunately for me that means Im going to be getting more pairs and more cash is going to the kobe shoe fund.  Still think 5 ams are the best color way so far but the blackouts just became mighty appealing...fck hahaa

Thanks for that review man. Will be giving these a try once I get them in.

Might settle and buy ASG's for retail (HOH) unless by some miracle I come across that $150 that was mentioned earlier.

Last edited:

homes look good.  ill cop if that comes out.  but i highly doubt they will ...esp if you can make them on ID ( i havent tried)
From this point of view it looks like you can make something about 95% the same as it. The only difference is that the coloring on the toungue looks gold while the swoosh is black. Looks to be the only variance from an ID. I could be wrong though I haven't completely studied the shoe lol.

I used the lebron xi drop in lunar zoom insole in my 9 lows - amazing combo.

I tried this too.  super cousioning, but you loose that "court feel" that you get with the reg insole. but you get a lot more response with the the added zoom.

the lebron insole squeeked like crazy too.   did you experience that?
You have to go down a full size in LB XI insole to fit your TTS Kobe 9's (i.e. put a LB XI size 9.5 insole in a size 10.5 Kobe 9). Trust me. This works out perfectly. 
Wish i can get my hands on just the insoles. Not a fan of the Lebron xi.
Buy a cheap LB XI at an outlet. Keep the insoles and turn around and sell the shoe without them. I bought a pair for $99 at an outlet and sold them for $79 without the insoles. That's basically $20 for a set of Full Length Zoom Lunarlon insoles. Makes a world of difference in the 9's. 

From this point of view it looks like you can make something about 95% the same as it. The only difference is that the coloring on the toungue looks gold while the swoosh is black. Looks to be the only variance from an ID. I could be wrong though I haven't completely studied the shoe lol.
lol.  I never say this about kobes, but its highly possible I just pass on the entire X collection.  I spent so much on the 8s and 9s, maybe its a good thing haha.    I'm just waiting for a cw I have to have. 

lol.  I never say this about kobes, but its highly possible I just pass on the entire X collection.  I spent so much on the 8s and 9s, maybe its a good thing haha.    I'm just waiting for a cw I have to have. 

I'm in the same boat. It's actually a relief that I'm not seeing a colorway yet that I feel is a must have, my wallet is getting a chance to recover cause I went crazy on the 9s lol

Wxcellent

You have to go down a full size in LB XI insole to fit your TTS Kobe 9's (i.e. put a LB XI size 9.5 insole in a size 10.5 Kobe 9). Trust me. This works out perfectly. 

Buy a cheap LB XI at an outlet. Keep the insoles and turn around and sell the shoe without them. I bought a pair for $99 at an outlet and sold them for $79 without the insoles. That's basically $20 for a set of Full Length Zoom Lunarlon insoles. Makes a world of difference in the 9's. 
Cool tip! Thanks

Heads up everyone. That Kobe sweatshirt is out. FTL.com. Eat up bros.
Lol 80$ for a kobe logo. Walmart has the same one for 8$ just gonna draw on my own kobe logo
nthat.gif
pimp.gif
smokin.gif

I finally got my Blackouts and I like the fit a lot more than the EM lows. Theres a lot more toe room than the EMs and they're a little wider. I'm an 11.5 in both the EM IX and X. I'm happy with the changes. I always thought the drop in midsoles were too soft for playing ball. The sockliner is really thick making it easier to replace with orthotics. I was starting to miss the IX but I'm glad I got these instead.

View media item 1442838

Last edited:
I think I'm done with the X until they (hopefully) do some elite lows. Not feeling the highs, not when they nailed the IXs.

Lol 80$ for a kobe logo. Walmart has the same one for 8$ just gonna draw on my own kobe logo

Classic mistake people make. Expensive sneakers with subpar clothing. I can't tell you how many times I've heard women who notice and clown dudes who do this. Hundred thousand dollar sneaker collections with a thousand dollar wardrobe.

Classic mistake people make. Expensive sneakers with subpar clothing. I can't tell you how many times I've heard women who notice and clown dudes who do this. Hundred thousand dollar sneaker collections with a thousand dollar wardrobe.
agreed

step up game or step out LOL

I don't want people to think I'm going at @dolphinfan. I'm just speaking on how fellow sneaker heads with these huge collections don't put half the interest or dollars into their wardrobe. I have friends who are 90% sneakers and 10% clothes. I let em have it often. Ha ha ha

Last edited:
Trying to resist any X's. I've been pretty meh, the blackouts are probably the best I've seen so far.

Might settle and buy ASG's for retail (HOH) unless by some miracle I come across that $150 that was mentioned earlier.

At least try the birthday coupon

never ordering from ruvilla.com again. they wait 1 week and they tell me my size isn't available.. really?

They probably tried to locate a pair in store to fulfill your order. Sucks but it happens. Order from kixsquare like the person up top.

Back
Top Bottom