Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

I wuz just wundern if these Kobe Xs wernt Kobes, would any of ya cats actually be coppin these Xs?...Be honest!..lol..ill admit i Definitely wouldnt. Smh..sad huh? Lol

I wuz just wundern if these Kobe Xs wernt Kobes, would any of ya cats actually be coppin these Xs?...Be honest!..lol..ill admit i Definitely wouldnt. Smh..sad huh? Lol
Most likely on discount. Ill admit that im somewhat of a hype beast in that regard. I dont even know if that really describes it. Im honestly a "Kobehead" than a "sneakerhead." GR, Limited, QS, whatever....im about it if they Kobes (gotta like the colorway of course). 

Most likely on discount. Ill admit that im somewhat of a hype beast in that regard. I dont even know if that really describes it. Im honestly a "Kobehead" than a "sneakerhead." GR, Limited, QS, whatever....im about it if they Kobes (gotta like the colorway of course). 
Sounds legit, I'm in way the same way with whatever Nike drops in regards to Penny Hardaway. I know a lot of guys out west cop anything with Kobe's name on it, clothing and sneakers.

Yes, most likely because even with the tech...if you took the Kobe logo off of these they'd retail around $150.

Second time I wore my Lagoons today and I must say the comfort is unreal. I might ID a pair if those black joints don't drop.

Yes, most likely because even with the tech...if you took the Kobe logo off of these they'd retail around $150.

I agree. I probably would bought them for the tech too. I just wouldn't pay 180 for them. I don't think most people here are paying that much anyway.

Yup. That's why kd is getting 300 mill to put his name on kicks. Smh

I wonder what his share of the profits are. 10 percent, maybe?

Anyone feel .5 down felt better than going to TTS? I like more of a snug fit and I heard this may break in so it wil be ok to get em snug

Lol yeah. I'm sure there wouldn't be any Foam hype if it wasn't for Penny.

Penny is an exception. He had 1 pair of Foams release with his name and logo back in 98. The rest were all pros. The Penny 1 was his first official signature sneaker.

Last edited:
I don't think foams were supposed to be penny sigs originally. They just made them so after he saw them the first time. He ended up having back to back 40 point games his first time wearing them making them super hyped.

I don't think foams were supposed to be penny sigs originally. They just made them so after he saw them the first time. He ended up having back to back 40 point games his first time wearing them making them super hyped.

Correct.

The designer for Penny's eventual sig met with him to go over design and happened to have a pair of foams in his bag and Penny caught a glimpse of them and the rest is history. He wasn't even the one to debut them. That was Mike Bibby in the tourney.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom