Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

Kinda regret not going to the store and trying a .5 size smaller  
eyes.gif

Shouldn't be named the "best kobe sneaker ever" should be named "the best most hyped colorway ever."

As of right now the masterpiece takes the cake in my eyes but I mean the selection pool is out of all the hyped/limited colorways. Probably a couple GR on there but I honestly don't know because I didn't really get into sneakers until the KB 8.

As others have mentioned, the purple gradients would make a deep run in my bracket.

Just want to give my perspective of the Kobe X's. Copped the Vinos and went TTS.

At first they felt good on foot so I was excited to take them to the hardwood. I have some Kobe 8s & Kobe 9 Details & Moonwalkers and all of those have been pretty beastly performance wise so I was excited to see what Nike had in store for the Xs. Back to the Xs.

My first time on the court I was left feeling skeptical about if the Xs were going to be another fav of mine. The Mesh/Fuse upper was really stiff and didnt feel as if it was gonna feel as good as the 8 or 9s. The part I was most excited about was the traction and I felt like they were good, no squeak of the shoes biting the floor which was really weird to get used to but after that first run I felt like traction wise they were still behind the 8 & 9s as well. Cushioning felt good but I couldn't help but notice that where the carbon fiber clip as well as the medial side of that specific part of the shoe where too stiff and were hurting my feet. In addition to the comfort, I usually tie my kicks pretty tight and did the same with these and again I felt pain at the top of my foot. The shoe also feels like your heel is sitting a little higher in the foot bed compared to the Kobe 8 or 9s. Visually these shoes are beautiful in person, pictures do them no justice. I've already gotten plenty of compliments of them. Another reason why it was kind of upsetting with the first initial hoop session on how they felt because I wanted to like them on court so bad.

Fast Forward to about a week a half of play....

So after getting a couple of good runs in my perception of the shoe has changed and I think will continue to only get better.

I don't think I've ever truly had a Fuse bball shoe so that was going to get some getting used to. The more and more I played in the the better they felt on foot. They are going to be as flexible as an EM or a Flyknit Kobe but each material has its pros and cons. With these Kobes they did take a while to feel comfortable on foot but I think they are better for it as they will be more supportive and durable.  I still tie these pretty snug but the lockdown is so good that they don't need to be super tight as to where they bite into the top of my foot.  The full length lunar with the zoom air unit in the heel feel really good and responsive. For me it felt as if the shoe had a little incline possibly because of the zoom air unit which took getting used to but it is a guard shoe and makes you play on your toes. As far as the carbon fiber clip and the pain on the medial side of the shoe that went away also. Each session the shoe felt better and better. Now to the most important aspect of a shoe for me since I'm a quicker player, the traction. It seemed like it was the story of this shoe, break in time is required. Nike does have really good marketing and ideas especially with this whole race tire inspired traction but IMO the traction does live up to my expectations. Like I said previously, that squeak & stickiness is something that we all relate traction in a bball shoe.  The Kobe X is missing the squeak aspect but doesn't faulter on performance. You are covered in every movement. It really bites the court and you aren't sliding or slipping around with this shoe. I only play indoors, City parks and rec leagues & at my local Golds Gym. In my honest opinion I think that you can pick either the 9s or Xs traction for the #1 spot with the 8 coming after. Both the 9 and X are beast kicks in that department. If I had to pick which was better I don't think I'd be able to choose. Overall I think this shoe is really being under appreciated. The price tag may be high but everything is expensive now a days, just the way things are.

To conclude I think we are a lil used to getting a pair of kicks and  for them ready to go fresh out the box. I'm guilty of that obviously with my first impression but I think it was nice to grab this pair and feel like they were getting better each and every time I laced them up to a point where I couldn't wait to hit the gym again.  I've never IDed a pair of kicks but I think I just might with these here or pick up the Blackouts or Easters (growing on me) I think this is going to be another one of the top performers of the year and the ceiling is only going to be higher once those flyknits come out. Can't wait for those Rose Golds!!! 

Just my lil 2 cents here. How do yall feel about the Kobe Xs performance wise fellas?

That list is wack. And no Purple Gradiant 8, Christmas Lights or Sulfur 8. I liked the Detail 9s too. Some folks were partial to the Maestro.

But it seems balanced between the 1-9s for the most part. Probably would've been better as 60+ like the NCAA.

Love all the 3M hits on the blackouts...but the last thing I need is another purple sneaker.

I've got the lagoons, ASGs, and vinos. I'm not feeling the look of the highs at all...

Does anyone know why there were so few elite low colorways of the 9 and whether that trend may continue with the X?

I missed out on the Beets and I'm still kicking myself for not having a pair of elite low 9s

Love all the 3M hits on the blackouts...but the last thing I need is another purple sneaker.

I've got the lagoons, ASGs, and vinos. I'm not feeling the look of the highs at all...
Im not feeling the highs at all either. Gotta see them in person but ill take another 9 anyday. I gotta get the vinos.

Thinking about going after the Rose Golds, or perhaps the grey "Elevate" if we don't see that black/silver pair come out any time soon. I noticed its no longer on the Unlaced app that was rumored.

Thinking about going after the Rose Golds, or perhaps the grey "Elevate" if we don't see that black/silver pair come out any time soon. I noticed its no longer on the Unlaced app that was rumored.
So far the Rose Gold high is the only thing I have seen from the X I like enough to even consider.

So far the Rose Gold high is the only thing I have seen from the X I like enough to even consider.

Rose Gold for sure..

Elevate maybe..

Watermelon Easters maybe also..

Blackouts 2 this weekend confirmed or nah? If so, going for them..

Last edited:
I still can't get on board with these. I don't hate them but they do nothing for me. They are too generic looking. Kobes name can't get me to buy these. I actually am feeling the highs more. Particularly the rose golds. Def would have to try them on though seeing as idk if Id like that high of a sneaker. Kind of sad for me that this is what Nike came up with.

Back
Top Bottom