Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

How would that make sense? Have a bunch of mediocre colorways that end up going on disco just to have one good release. They would lose a lot of money that way. They are just not hitting their mark on execution.

Look at nike basketball as a whole. Hype has died down tremendously across all models. Even two years ago who would have thought all star and Xmas packs would be sitting? let's not act like this has been some great marketing scheme from nike basketball. For the most part they have been going downhill the last couple years in terms of execution and colorways across all lines

Hype is down because it's down. Not because the designs and CWs are bad. If that was the case everything that sat before the era of hype must have been bad. That includes Foams, Jordan's and basically every 90s sneaker.

Dudes want hype stuff. The Eybl KD for example. Public can't have it so it's fire. Nike puts out the Eybl for retail and it sits. Same with the Peach Jams. Fire up until everyone can have them.

You can't compare what happen in the 90's to today. Complete different shoe culture and environment.

But explain why packs that were always hyped/limited always were an instant sellout to now how they sit. The use to go for more than double retail now all of sudden they sit. It has to go back to the product and design amigo. Nike basketball has been off with their lines across the board last two years

You can't compare what happen in the 90's to today. Complete different shoe culture and environment.

But explain why packs that were always hyped/limited always were an instant sellout to now how they sit. The use to go for more than double retail now all of sudden they sit. It has to go back to the product and design amigo. Nike basketball has been off with their lines across the board last two years

Half the pack is garbage. In the recent Penny packs case both were garbage. An one of those pairs were Foams. A classic shoe with a actual history behind them. I can name more. Florals were all the rage before last year. Only difference was they were more available. They sat locally.

The Jordan 1s haven't changed appearance in 30 years. Went from being totally overlooked to the hottest sneaker on Earth. The hype train has moved on to other sneakers. The followers went along with them. The designs/CWs IMO aren't the reason for the recent discounts and easily available sneakers. It's actually normal. Always has been.

When I mean pack I'm talking about allstar, Xmas etc (individual nike sig lines)not some $500 pack that like you said one is trash and the other Is way overpriced

You have to say if nike basketball created a crazy colorway that everyone was feeling, then hype would be back. That is design man. Plain and simple

Last edited:
When I mean pack I'm talking about allstar, Xmas etc not some $500 pack that like you said one is trash and the other Is way overpriced

Got you. This years AS theme was kinda weak compared to previous years. I think this years USA pack was the best to date. I never like the BHM packs. Nikes approach to BHM is all wrong IMO. The WT series varies for me also. Hits and misses every year.

In my personal opinion to sum this up. I don't feel like Nike has fallen off across the board. There are hits and misses between all the KB 10, KD 7, LBJ 12 and Kyrie 1.

Let's see what the 11, 8, 13 and Kyrie 2 gives us.

Last edited:
Hype is down because it's down. Not because the designs and CWs are bad. If that was the case everything that sat before the era of hype must have been bad. That includes Foams, Jordan's and basically every 90s sneaker.

Dudes want hype stuff. The Eybl KD for example. Public can't have it so it's fire. Nike puts out the Eybl for retail and it sits. Same with the Peach Jams. Fire up until everyone can have them.
The EYBL's are sitting because they're way too plain. They're just a copper shoe. The KD 5 and 6 elite EYBL's had unique colors.

How would that make sense? Have a bunch of mediocre colorways that end up going on disco just to have one good release. They would lose a lot of money that way. They are just not hitting their mark on execution.

Look at nike basketball as a whole. Hype has died down tremendously across all models. Even two years ago who would have thought all star and Xmas packs would be sitting? let's not act like this has been some great marketing scheme from nike basketball. For the most part they have been going downhill the last couple years in terms of execution and colorways across all lines
even if they reach the disco i would bet my entire life savings that theyre still making profit out of them. 

ask yourself this, whats prohibiting nike or jb in releasing concord 11s every month? or the fragments every month? why cant nike make 200,000 prelude models and mass release them? or 100,000 HTMs? tell me whats prohibiting them from doing this?

$100k is $100k, if they can make a profit of $100,000 from selling venomemon 4s, they're not gonna risk overselling the concord 11s and kill its value for the same $100,000.

But shoes are being produced more, if you didn't get a holiday Jordan XI in the last 2yrs you didn't try, they were everywhere, its like he said most people don't care unless it's limited, hype follows only the braggers, if everyone has it on no one cares

But shoes are being produced more, if you didn't get a holiday Jordan XI in the last 2yrs you didn't try, they were everywhere, its like he said most people don't care unless it's limited, hype follows only the braggers, if everyone has it on no one cares
This.

even if they reach the disco i would bet my entire life savings that theyre still making profit out of them. 

ask yourself this, whats prohibiting nike or jb in releasing concord 11s every month? or the fragments every month? why cant nike make 200,000 prelude models and mass release them? or 100,000 HTMs? tell me whats prohibiting them from doing this?

$100k is $100k, if they can make a profit of $100,000 from selling venomemon 4s, they're not gonna risk overselling the concord 11s and kill its value for the same $100,000.
Business school should teach you the very basics of Nike's business model.  Economics will help you understand things better too.

You don't go releasing everything at once.  You'll kill demand that way.  But keep in mind, not everyone is a sneaker head.  Nike is out there trying to stamp itself, it's product, it's image, and most of all, it's brand' on consumers.  If they can't get you to buy their shoes, they will get you to buy their shirts, or bags, or shorts, etc.  They are marketing themselves through all channels, through all tiers.  You see other businesses follow this model, especially in the automotive business.  You have BMW making the 1 series or X1.  You have Toyota going even a step below their Corollas, with the Yaris, or Scion XA or whatever.  The point is, businesses want you to buy their products and your relationship.

The sneaker game thing is just the cream of the crop type stuff.

You can very well bet Kobes will have their 'retros' later on and they will go in full effect when he's gone.  

Here's an on-feet of the Rivalry:

I wear sz 11.5 in the 9 and also for the X Elite. For the X Elite Low in sz 11.5, one of my pinky toes pinched right at the carbon piece, but otherwise they were very comfortable. Brightest shoes I've ever worn. The yellows used for the knit, the laces and the tongue are all slightly different. The 4 red stripes on the left shoe on the heel tab are closer to magenta than red. 

Last edited:
You dont need business school or a ton of stats to know its just a trend every brand, model etc goes thru it. Some like it some dont 

The Kobe X is a OK model, some cool options but nothing "great" for me as a consumer. 

The only shoe that sparked my interest was/is the USA cw and Im not patriotic but if it was 70-80$ Id get a pair. 

Wake me when those ICONs surface 
nerd.gif

I think I'm going to end up with 0 pairs of the elite lows, they look and less desirable everytime I see them and that toe blocking is ugly as hell.

I got team elites and that will probably be my only pair of Xs... I think I'm over this model.

I agree. I was hoping Nike would improve the flyknit for the Xs. It looks the same as the IX overall. Its still a nice show but I can pass on the lows for now.

I agree. I was hoping Nike would improve the flyknit for the Xs. It looks the same as the IX overall. Its still a nice show but I can pass on the lows for now.

They did a little. It's more natural flyknit and not as much extra fuse backing like the 9. Aka it's a little more minimalistic but they still need to have that extra layer so your toes aren't destroyed playing b ball

I don't get why Nike didn't do simple colorways for the elite lows. It worked for the 9 elites with the Beethovens and Moonwalkers. Chesters are sitting and I'm guessing the emeralds will sit too. 

I don't get why Nike didn't do simple colorways for the elite lows. It worked for the 9 elites with the Beethovens and Moonwalkers. Chesters are sitting and I'm guessing the emeralds will sit too. 

They are simple. Plain colors just like the 9

IMO, the theme and CW been failing.  Trynna market block solid shoe colors (Team CW) as premium is a gimmick.  Then again the 'MSRP' has got people thinking and picking.

I'm a fan of the MLPS IV, Draft Day IV, Inline, etc

Back
Top Bottom