Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

IMO there should always be 3 team cws, a home, an away and alt away then throw the crazy stuff out there a hw classic team Cw would be nice to like in the kobes case a mlps Cw, kd should have a Seattle Cw and lebron should get a 90s clev ver though they kinda did on the elite model on that one

IMO there should always be 3 team cws, a home, an away and alt away then throw the crazy stuff out there a hw classic team Cw would be nice to like in the kobes case a mlps Cw, kd should have a Seattle Cw and lebron should get a 90s clev ver though they kinda did on the elite model on that one
This 'was' their go to marketing and I think most loved it, but things are different and they push different CWs.  It makes sense in some regards, but when you're a fan of Kobe/LA etc. you would probably prefer those tones.

Last edited:
I hate all this gimmick cws.. I don't mind the Xmas or BHM and even easters..

I rather have the simple home and away cws

Bring back the old black/maize cw

They did a little. It's more natural flyknit and not as much extra fuse backing like the 9. Aka it's a little more minimalistic but they still need to have that extra layer so your toes aren't destroyed playing b ball

Not true, the flyweave on the xx9 doesn't have any fuse backing. Toes not getting destroyed here. Flyknit has fuse backing because it stretches more than flyweave. I tried on the x elite. The place the upper feels different is at the ankle.the rest felt the same as the 9.

Last edited:
Not sure why you all are saying fuse, but there was/is no fuse backing on the elite 9 or 10. There is however a generous amount of glue "stitched" in and applied to the knit on the inside of the shoe. It's similar to the JC 2, except brandblack did it the "right" way on their model (it doesn't feel how these do). I'm 99% sure the glue is the reason why there was the same "purplish" bleeding on the beethovens as well. If you've played in a pair (of elite low 9s atleast), you should notice the upper feeling a *tad* bit more relaxed. It isn't drastic, but it's a change (it has for my university red GR elite 9s).

Not true, the flyweave on the xx9 doesn't have any fuse backing. Toes not getting destroyed here. Flyknit has fuse backing because it stretches more than flyweave. I tried on the x elite. The place the upper feels different is at the ankle.the rest felt the same as the 9.

Nobody mentioned anything about the xx9 or flyweave. It's a different material. You can literally see through some of the elite x because there is less backing vs the 9.

I like the elite X more than the elite IX because I noticed the slight change it material. I just was wondering if they did something similar with the low. Hopefully they come out with better colors at least two more colors. 

I've seen a few people mention "I hope I can get a pair" in reference to those EYBL or Peach Jam.

I'm pretty sure anybody who wants that shoe can have it.

Not sure why you all are saying fuse, but there was/is no fuse backing on the elite 9 or 10. There is however a generous amount of glue "stitched" in and applied to the knit on the inside of the shoe. It's similar to the JC 2, except brandblack did it the "right" way on their model (it doesn't feel how these do). I'm 99% sure the glue is the reason why there was the same "purplish" bleeding on the beethovens as well. If you've played in a pair (of elite low 9s atleast), you should notice the upper feeling a *tad* bit more relaxed. It isn't drastic, but it's a change (it has for my university red GR elite 9s).

Because there is a thin layer fuse between the knit.

As far as playing in them, the 9 Elite high had much more room in the forefoot almost similar to the xx8 for wiggle room. The elite low does not. Therefore I use my highs for ball and the moonwalk low for casual use.

Fades are probably the goat Kobe CW IMO
Absolutely. These and Kobe 8 Mambacurial are Top 5, Easily.
pimp.gif

I know it says "think pink" but I guess thats the "Mambacurial" I think someone here said they'd be black and pink ...the small toe swoosh actually looks good. Might be my first pair of elite lows.

Last edited:
Are y'all just disappointed because of what you think it "should" be or do you just not like the colorway? Like the WTK9 was a terrible shoe as far as the concept goes but I thought it was a good colorway.

Are y'all just disappointed because of what you think it "should" be or do you just not like the colorway? Like the WTK9 was a terrible shoe as far as the concept goes but I thought it was a good colorway.
i havent seen a bad 1 yet

Every KB10 that's dropped has gotten CW complaints. I think it's funny because they've used just about every color you can think of. What is this magic CW people want from Nike? Every thread is non stop complaints. I want people to draw me a picture of the Kobes, KD and Lebrons they want and in what CWs.

Please to all the folks who seem to like nothing. What's your alternative to what Nike is doing. Show me your can't miss models and CWs. Give me about 3 models worth of pics, CWs and tech improvements. Since it's so easy and Nikes designers are so bad.

View media item 1655848
The shoe above sold quick last year. Why? Is it some mind blowing CW? Nope. It was limited to a degree. That's why they moved. That 9 was weak. Most of the base 10 CWs smash those IMO. Point is dudes like limited stuff and hype. Folks just need to admit that GR sneakers don't move them.

Last edited:
Every KB10 that's dropped has gotten CW complaints. I think it's funny because they've used just about every color you can think of. What is this magic CW people want from Nike? Every thread is non stop complaints. I want people to draw me a picture of the Kobes, KD and Lebrons they want and in what CWs.

Please to all the folks who seem to like nothing. What's your alternative to what Nike is doing. Show me your can't miss models and CWs. Give me about 3 models worth of pics, CWs and tech improvements. Since it's so easy and Nikes designers are so bad.
This. It seems like most people on this board just love to complain... colors are too crazy, now they're too tame, give us flyknit lows, flyknit colors are wrong, etc. People are always gonna complain about what we have now until the XI drops then we'll have post after post about how the X was great. Endless cycle.

I want a cw where the toe color is not different from the rest of the shoe.

I love the Rivalry but I hate the grey toe. Why are they doing that with every Elite low?

Back
Top Bottom