Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

Ya these are everywhere. Even my local is getting them and I don't get any releases in my location lol

kobeten.gif

Anyone have experience doing weightlifting in the 10s?  I know there are better options out there in the market, but i'm just curious how the cushion setup (and overall setup) would be for lifting, high intensity workouts, etc. (strictly academic). 

wish they were high. 50 50 cop. busy weekend though.
did get the purple highs and silver 3m dub zero for 130 thanks to the promo

Saw this on Foot Locker's release calendar for October 3rd: Kobe X “Deep Royal/Metallic Silver-Green Shock.  Any idea of what this is? 

Last edited:

Anyone have experience doing weightlifting in the 10s?  I know there are better options out there in the market, but i'm just curious how the cushion setup (and overall setup) would be for lifting, high intensity workouts, etc. (strictly academic). 
 I actually really enjoy lifting with the 10's on. Although I know people have had issues with the airbag popping playing basketball. I would imagine that could happen if your going heavy on squats or something because your driving with your heels but I have honestly not had a problem at all. ​

There are many reasons the 8s were great. The VIIs were a disappointment in the fit department so they are discredited for being a good basketball shoe. Worked for me and a few other people. Fixing that on the 8 made them an instant hit.The patterns were an intriguing part of the design that was well liked in almost every colorway. The solid uppers were available too so there were something for everyone's preference. The comfort was a drastic improvement so that easily made them well loved, although the lunarlon bottoming out quick was a weakness. The thin tongue was the weak aspect though if you wore thicker and taller socks it wasn't an issue. The pricing was a sweet spot for that shoe with the "tech" it had.

The X EM versions were meh. The Flyknit is where it's at but if you took away the FK then the X wouldn't be getting the love that much or at all according to NT standards. I think they improved from the IX(I had a tapping noise issue when I walk) just like the 8 improved from the 7s. That's what made one better over the respective iteration of the previous. Really the X is just an updated 8 with Flyknit and higher price point. We are having petty arguments when Nike is over there laughing their way to the bank just making small upgrades and raising prices.

There will always be a this or that argument. It is called preference. Whether it's fit, colorways, cushioning, price, hype lol, etc. Next year, it'll happen again but which will the XIs top, all of them? Lol
I wasn't buying Kobe's when the 8's released but..I heard the purple fade joint was the breaking point where everyone said "I love this shoe". 

And it wasn't the CW that made them say that, it was the settle.

I wasn't buying Kobe's when the 8's released but..I heard the purple fade joint was the breaking point where everyone said "I love this shoe". 

And it wasn't the CW that made them say that, it was the settle.
Yea, pretty much.

People definitely liked the 8's alot and the "Easter" was what set everything in motion for it being a CLASSIC.

There was always the "Sulfur" crowd, from the beginning that held those as the Best 8 no matter what dropped afterward... but people were split on the "Christmas" & "All-Star" and the "SuperNaturals/Elite" were dope, but expensive. We were just waiting for something to blow our minds.... the Easter dropped and then the Fade's a few weeks later... blew us away and then some!

When the Purple Fade's surfaced... the Thread BLEW UP like Crazy. Those dropped in May. Then a week later, the Mambacurial's surfaced and dropped in June.

Fades were the KO Punch and MC's were the Fatality. CLASSIC STATUS: Kobe 8 
pimp.gif

Not to mention all the crazy Lakers colorways that Kobe were on-court that should've dropped, but never did. The 8's were on another level. 
mean.gif

At the end of the day, for me anyway, I like the hustle and hype behind sneakers, even if the sneakers I like aren't hyped. Reason being, it makes me buying sneakers acceptable a bit more amongst my peers.

The thing we all care about, let me get my sneaks, and shut TF about it.

I want to not get a hard time when I buy my sneakers, from my girl, my parents, her parents, anyone.

Hype allows me to buy a sneaker for 1$ sell it for 3$ and have my peers accept the hustle, therefore leaving me alone about my fetish, on sneakers

Last edited:

I actually really enjoy lifting with the 10's on. Although I know people have had issues with the airbag popping playing basketball. I would imagine that could happen if your going heavy on squats or something because your driving with your heels but I have honestly not had a problem at all. ​
Thanks for the info! Repped!

:x Multicolor is so overused now.

I must be the only person that doesn't give a **** about those purple fade 8s :lol: I wouldn't buy those for half price. I had the 1st XMas, All Stars and red EXTs... fenced the first 2 for the low and got stuck with the EXT because I forgot I had em. WTKs and MCs are the only ones I'd even pay retail for.

Last edited:
MC on the 10 looks awful. Nike has really shot themselves in the foot over the last few years. Every color has been done to death. Nothing stands out anymore. It's all the same stuff over and over. I have 10 pairs of every CW they can think of already.

That added with the tons of ducks who have taken over the landscape has me contemplating retirement.

Back
Top Bottom