Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

Yell to follow up with my story about kixsquare and the mambacurials I ordered over a week ago. I just put in a dispute thru Paypal for my money back. They promised me they would ship them on thursday and didn't so I am done with them.
Like this Thursday like you won't even get them early like we all planned?

for those of you wondering about the kobe shirt, its been on ndc for a couple of weeks now 

Last edited:
Take away the spelling on the side of the 8's and you have one of the worst Kobes.
So you're trying to say the "spelling on the Medial side of the shoe is what makes the shoe better?

I could go without that easily... I don't think the NIKE spelling on the inner ankle is what ppl were sweating the shoe for.

Period Point Blank: Kobe 8 MC's are Top 5 Kobe Ever

laugh.gif
 same thing can be said about the 8s. I think if these were still setup like a normal X and without the name they'd probably still sell better than the other 2 lows.
It's not the same.

The Toebox Swoosh on the 8's is pretty Huge compared to the Swoosh on the X', and it's an integral part of the design of the shoe... it's a selling point, bc it was a style of shoe that was never offered outside of the Soccer-realm.

The X's are just uninspired and use the basic Tri-Color Flyknit Upper (that other GR's have) and just slapped a Small Swoosh on the Big Toe. 

Kobe 8 MC and Kobe X MC are Apples & Oranges.

Last edited:
I think the Kobe X looks great. There area just a lot more options out for decent looking low basketball shoes. Years ago all we had were mids.

It's not the same.

The Toebox Swoosh on the 8's is pretty Huge compared to the Swoosh on the X', and it's an integral part of the design of the shoe... it's a selling point, bc it was a style of shoe that was never offered outside of the Soccer-realm.

The X's are just uninspired and use the basic Tri-Color Flyknit Upper (that other GR's have) and just slapped a Small Swoosh on the Big Toe. 

Kobe 8 MC and Kobe X MC are Apples & Oranges.
Its not apples and oranges. He said take away the toe swoosh (which is a really ******* ugly design cue. Period.) So if you were to keep the MC8 colorway but put the swooshes in the normal position they would be garbage. I like the MC8s because of how well they carried out the theme.

Its not apples and oranges. He said take away the toe swoosh (which is a really ******* ugly design cue. Period.) So if you were to keep the MC8 colorway but put the swooshes in the normal position they would be garbage. I like the MC8s because of how well they carried out the theme.
Actually, put the Swoosh on the side and they'd still be one of the Dopest Kobe 8's, they'd  be better than the Kobe 8 MC, and I would've still copped.

I deal in Reality and not Hypotheticals... the Shoe looks how it looks and there's No "IF" about it.

So yea, that's YOUR Opinion. Lol. Agree to Disagree, bruh.

And its YOUR opinion that the 8s are nice, personally I find that shoe to be incredibly weak in the design category, pretty much tied with the 10s. MCs are great for the theme but the 8 silhouette is *** to me.

So you're trying to say the "spelling on the Medial side of the shoe is what makes the shoe better?

I could go without that easily... I don't think the NIKE spelling on the inner ankle is what ppl were sweating the shoe for.

Period Point Blank: Kobe 8 MC's are Top 5 Kobe Ever

Nah :lol:.

The Kobe 8 hype was ridiculous. I'm just glad my faves were probably the least wanted pairs; pythons and superhero. 

If anything, I think Kobe 8s are the most comfortable Kobe's for casual use.

Funny to hear you all talk so poorly about the Kobe 8s.

Quickly we forget that they came during a period in his career where he was getting older and needed every advantage he could get at his age.

He told Nike, that he wanted his foot to be an extension of the court and that he wanted to feel the floor with every move he made.

He also wanted to cut weight and bulk and thus the reason the 8 is the lowest cut and lightest Nike basketba shoe ever.

Design was exactly what Kobe wanted and it ended up playing against him with his Achilles.

Innovative and yall sit here and say the design was poor.

Go jump in a lake.

Funny to hear you all talk so poorly about the Kobe 8s.

Quickly we forget that they came during a period in his career where he was getting older and needed every advantage he could get at his age.

He told Nike, that he wanted his foot to be an extension of the court and that he wanted to feel the floor with every move he made.

He also wanted to cut weight and bulk and thus the reason the 8 is the lowest cut and lightest Nike basketba shoe ever.

Design was exactly what Kobe wanted and it ended up playing against him with his Achilles.

Innovative and yall sit here and say the design was poor.

Go jump in a lake.
it wasn't a engineering marvel by any stretch. i think the 5 was equally as low as the 8 was. the problem was the shoe itself wasn't durable. the cushion bottoms out, the heel clip breaks, etc. my pair i ended up only use them for casual use and they still hurt my achilles.

there were some cool CW tho, the milk snake, taipan, and the WTK was good. there were too much hype about them tho i could never get them and only end up with a blk/blue Philippines.

Nike/JB also used drop in insole already in the 7 and AJ2012. 

Last edited:
Reactions: God
for players, shoes don't need to be durable for more than 1 game. if they feel exactly what they want for that 48minutes (+ OT if any) then that's it.
we shouldn't compare us and the players about durability to what the temporarily players want in feel on the shoe

Jordan XI were a huge step in basketball shoe innovation but I'm sure most people (who still play in Jordans) would rather wear the XX9 or even XX8. It doesn't mean that he Jordan XI was a terrible shoe. Newer shoes are sometimes better for their intended purpose. However, I'd rather wear Jordan XIs than XX9s casually.

Its possible the Kobe Xs are a better performance shoe than the Kobe 8s. I thought the Kobe IXs were better than the Kobe 8s.

I personally think the Xs look good casually.

Back
Top Bottom