Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

Someone once said that flyknit is cheap to make as well, wonder if this is true. It is just thread after all.
It is, look it up, saves on manufacturing costs. Nike have yet to pass it on though so consumers are probably still paying for the technology.

So how's the Zoom Max setup comfort wise? Also wonder if they'll release an elite version of the Kobe X but will suck since it'll probably be over $200.

Anyone else think the I'd version you will be able to change the under and overlay colors, kind of like the air max015??

From kicks crew's IG
Yea, these Bad Boys are Pretty Dope.
nthat.gif

I still feel they could've just went with Engineered Mesh... would've been perfect for the setup. Kobe 8 Junior's.

Need to see these in Better Colorways... and that price will have to be dealt with, bc there's no way they're copped at $180. 
mean.gif

gonna try to cop on RD and bring them straight to the court for a review.

I was thinking similar, passing on Blue Lagoon, but copping All Star and Purple colorway. After a wear or two its off to the basketball court. Can they unseat and replace my Kobe V and VI as my main balling shoes? I sure hope so, especially for $180.

Got some NDC gift cards sitting around so Id like to use them on a pair of these just to see how they are, I'll cop the blues first day. Otherwise I'll shop around for discounts on other sites.

Those blue joints aint that dope but the style is fire tho one colorway away...but 140-160 should be pricing but whatever

I was thinking similar, passing on Blue Lagoon, but copping All Star and Purple colorway. After a wear or two its off to the basketball court. Can they unseat and replace my Kobe V and VI as my main balling shoes? I sure hope so, especially for $180.
Nice to see I'm not the only one using the V & VI as my main balling shoe. The draft days, ('Kobe I luh ya') POP'S, home & white out iD's are my V go to's & the home, bred, grey & royal team bank & my black & clear sole iD are my VI go to's. 

I still wear my concord VI's casually & I've played in them a couple times. That's what I like about each Kobe from each year; you can play in them & they still look good to wear casually. The X looks like it'll be the same way. 

I still feel like were being trolled with the kobe 10. I still got an ounce of hope that those aren't really what we're getting but sadly that's fading fast.

These really aren't thattttt bad. Flyknit lows will hopefully be released. The flyknit high preview we saw of these did not appeal to me and this is coming from someone that absolutely loved the 9 high. With that said while I see potential I think the price really kills off most interest. Hopefully will only have 1 or 2 must have color ways for this model lol

Im at the point where all I care about is the performance of the shoe. Once upon a time, Kobe's (ie the IV, V, and VI) were about performance, and lightweight performance at that. Whether you thought they were decent looking, ugly, passable, not casually wearable, they were great basketball shoes, and for a fairly reasonable price. A great pair of shoes for their intended purposes and cheaper than the jordan sig, many jordan takedown models, and Lebrons, but arguably a better performing shoe worn by a great deal of players in the NBA, NCAA, and internationally.

Seems like with the 9's, they just became a mediocre shoe with an inflated price tag, and still ugly as sin. A polarizing shoe with the gimmicky removable midsole made of lunarlon, which has the lifespan of a fruitfly.

I really hope the X's are a good, durable hoop shoe.

Back to the 'bay looking for more DS pairs of 5's and 6's. /rant

Reactions: God
Im at the point where all I care about is the performance of the shoe. Once upon a time, Kobe's (ie the IV, V, and VI) were about performance, and lightweight performance at that. Whether you thought they were decent looking, ugly, passable, not casually wearable, they were great basketball shoes, and for a fairly reasonable price. A great pair of shoes for their intended purposes and cheaper than the jordan sig, many jordan takedown models, and Lebrons, but arguably a better performing shoe worn by a great deal of players in the NBA, NCAA, and internationally.

Seems like with the 9's, they just became a mediocre shoe with an inflated price tag, and still ugly as sin. A polarizing shoe with the gimmicky removable midsole made of lunarlon, which has the lifespan of a fruitfly.

I really hope the X's are a good, durable hoop shoe.

Back to the 'bay looking for more DS pairs of 5's and 6's. /rant

the FK 9 lows are the best kobe shoe (imo). they just fit perfect.

i hope the X are better (obviously), but it's gonna be hard to beat the 9's.

the FK 9 lows are the best kobe shoe (imo). they just fit perfect.

i hope the X are better (obviously), but it's gonna be hard to beat the 9's.
9s are probably the best kobe shoe in the line and one of my favorite sneakers all time

Kobe 8s look good overall as a line, I unfortunately missed out on the 8 line.( didn't know where and when to buy)
Kobe 9s are a great shoe. I agree that 8s had better color ways but as some people have said 9s are a better shoe on court.

With the X I hope there is only a few must have colorways for me as I don't need anymore shoes lol.

Back
Top Bottom