Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

contemplating on pulling the trigger on the multicolors but the fact that i'm even thinking about it says enough

Better to order and return then to decide later you want them
This was my mentality... or on the other hand, off-load to an NTer who wants.  Did this with my MC 9s that were NOT easy to let go haha.  Someone else enjoying them though and I'm glad

just saw some mambacurials at the Nike Outlet for 189 with 20% off. not even sure that's a good deal or not.

Almost pulled the trigger  on the mambacurials at launch with a bday coupon.  Decided to pass and came up on a pair recently for $200 CAD which works out to about $155 USD.  Patience pays off sometimes :pimp:

View media item 1757847

jealous. lowest i can get is 170 shipped.

Better to order and return then to decide later you want them

but some of us KNOW we don't want asymmetrical. full or nothing.

GUYS, USE THE ID THREAD.

SHOUT IT FROM THE MOUNTAIN TOP PLZ!

just saw some mambacurials at the Nike Outlet for 189 with 20% off. not even sure that's a good deal or not.

151.20 before tax? almost as good as our canadian friend. they ship for free with no tax?

since this morning, nike helped me decide that mambacurial is the pair to get. trying to get it for 165 in california, but the best i can muster on e-bay offer is 170 shipped.
anyone got a lead to something better?

A question for those who use the Kobe X Elite Low shoes to play ball in:

Would you recommend the snug fit of TTS or should I still size up?

jealous. lowest i can get is 170 shipped.
but some of us KNOW we don't want asymmetrical. full or nothing.
SHOUT IT FROM THE MOUNTAIN TOP PLZ!
151.20 before tax? almost as good as our canadian friend. they ship for free with no tax?

since this morning, nike helped me decide that mambacurial is the pair to get. trying to get it for 165 in california, but the best i can muster on e-bay offer is 170 shipped.
anyone got a lead to something better?
i'm in the same boat, been wanting to get the mambacurials but waiting to get a good discount before pulling the trigger. 

I would go with TTS for sure. Like, not your usual Nike size, but your actual TTS (nike always runs slightly smaller for me). I had the chance to try 12, 12.5, and 13 in store before purchasing my Drill sergeants. My TTS is 12, but I usually have to go for 12.5 on Nike.

To ball in, I went with 12. Like, they felt really tight and kinda uncomfortable at first when I put them on in store, but once you start balling, you're gonna be thankful you went for a tight fit. The padding softens, and they feel perfect.

For casual, definitely get half a size up, or your usual Nike sneaker size.

My 2 cents

The only problem I have with going tts on these is the carbon fiber clip on the pinky toe, it's painful, with that being said, I went up .5, I'm guessing narrow feet can go tts, I have wider feet

Last edited by a moderator:
The only problem I have with going tts on these is the carbon fiber clip on the pinky toe, it's painful, with that being said, I went up .5
Good point. I have regular width feet, so it's not really an issue for me at all. But yeah, if you got wide feet, .5 is probably the only way to go.

been going tts for every kobe (started at zk4) except the X. i have normal width feet and the upper on non-elite and elite is way too tight for comfort. half size up for sure.

I would go with TTS for sure. Like, not your usual Nike size, but your actual TTS (nike always runs slightly smaller for me). I had the chance to try 12, 12.5, and 13 in store before purchasing my Drill sergeants. My TTS is 12, but I usually have to go for 12.5 on Nike.

To ball in, I went with 12. Like, they felt really tight and kinda uncomfortable at first when I put them on in store, but once you start balling, you're gonna be thankful you went for a tight fit. The padding softens, and they feel perfect.

For casual, definitely get half a size up, or your usual Nike sneaker size.

My 2 cents
The only problem I have with going tts on these is the carbon fiber clip on the pinky toe, it's painful, with that being said, I went up .5, I'm guessing narrow feet can go tts, I have wider feet
been going tts for every kobe (started at zk4) except the X. i have normal width feet and the upper on non-elite and elite is way too tight for comfort. half size up for sure.
Thanks for the advice fam. I was actually able to fit both my TTS and a half size up. I would definitely go a half size up if I was just going to wear them casually. The problem is, I would use them mainly to play ball in. The TTS was a bit snug, especially in the toe room. I can't lift my toes as much, although it's not uncomfortable or anything. Would they loosen up when I play on them? When I tried sizing up, I felt that my ankle was lifting off from the shoe at times when I walked around. Although it is a very very slight feeling of my ankle lifting. My worry is that if I go with the half size up, I won't be able to play efficiently in them, or worse, the shoe might come off my foot during intense running and jumping. Do you guys play ball in shoes that also give you a slight feeling of the ankle lifting off from the shoe? With the information I gave, what size would you guys recommend I take for playing ball, the snug TTS or the half size up?

Wear elite or thicker socks to counter that ankle problem if it's an issue. They will break in the toe box a little though. Keep that in mind

Last edited:
For me personally. My Kobe TTS size is 13. Every single Kobe has fit me best in that size. The 9 elite lows were more snug but comfortable, the EM 9 were probably the best fit, the 9 highs fit well with some extra room. 

I had a couple pairs of the 10 elite lows and they were way too small. i could feel myself walking at the end of the shoe. I cant half size up so im pretty much screwed. Full size up was too big.

I am a narrow footer as well. I think you are safe to half size up in these shoes. 

i'd expect the X to break in but not really stretch because the flyknit is supported with tons of glue in the elite versions, the non-elite is fuse on fuse so it's more or less the same deal. only difference i can see is that the elite is more pliable and will flex with your foot more naturally.

Back
Top Bottom