Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

Whoever posted the thing about Kobe rocking these while not playing basketball - you do realize he is the athlete the shoe is made for so he pays nothing and actually gets paid to rock them, so why wouldn't he rock them off court lol? Nice trying to prove a point though with the sarcasm, just totally irrelevant in my opinion.

Do what you want with your kicks, just think it's funny to spend that much to not get the full potential out of them. But that's just one man's opinion...
I have a few guns and I haven't shot anyone, so I guess I wasted my money since I haven't used them to their "full potential"

lol..

I'd be drooling if the tongue wasn't so EMPTY :smh: This is my only problem with the 10...that symbol on the tongue isn't the real shozoku sign like on the heel. It should look like the real shozoku.

I'd be drooling if the tongue wasn't so EMPTY
mean.gif
This is my only problem with the 10...that symbol on the tongue isn't the real shozoku sign like on the heel. It should look like the real shozoku.
Just curious where the "shozoku" name came from for his symbol? I know the real definition but dont see the correlation.

Last edited:
Repped thanks still doesnt answer the question why do people call it "shozoku." It doesnt mean sheath or is even a reference to a sheath.
To be honest, I can't remember when people specifically started calling the logo "shozoku", but that's sort of just been a name that's stuck over the years. Officially, I think Nike's always referred to the logo as the Sheath or simply the Kobe logo, for merchandising/apparel. If you go on NDC and search for sheath, you'll get some Kobe shirts with the logo that pops up, but nothing will pop up if you search for shozoku.

Since shozoku literally just refers to clothing/garments that ninjas wear, maybe someone just started referring to Kobe's apparel as his shozoku, and over time people just turned shozoku into being the name of the actual logo, instead of it just referring to Kobe apparel in general. Why a word for ninja clothing when the logo is supposed to have a samurai inspiration, I have no idea, doesn't make sense to me either lol. That's about the best guess I have, but maybe someone has a better explanation.

any pics of the ASG with the left and right shoe together?...want to see what that textured imprint triangle lookin pattern on the toe cap looks like together

That's exactly what I thought it reminded me of.  Definitely disappointed in this model.
Can't agree more. I think what hurts the most is that all the speculation of the shoe being different than the leaked photos is now out the window with everyone receiving their early pairs. Such a drop-off from the 9's.

I just tried on the Blue Lagoons. Overall very impressed with the shoe, it looks better in person than pictures. They run TTS (true to size) however they do run really narrow. So I'd suggest go a half size up if you have a somewhat wide foot or inserts.

The fit reminds me of my KD6 BHM .

Subtle details throughout the shoe, very well put together . Along with the Nike zoom unit looks great on the shoe . Well definitely be getting my hands on a pair of the asgs if possible .

Back
Top Bottom