Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

Everyone needs to be a little patient. The IX was full of surprises. We got a low, mid and High. EM and Flyknit and even an EXT with leather and snakeskin patterns. Nike knows what sells and most of all we know what we will pay for.

I agree. This launch colorway is underwhelming due to the exceeded expectations of the IX. Remember how many people disliked the 9? Look now.

When I first saw the IX's I was in love. I hated all Kobe's before then (sans the I's.) But I don't remember people hating them this much. I hate low's EXCEPT for the IX's, so for the X's to start off with lows and go seemingly backwards in terms of design is insulting. Perhaps Nike's doing me a favor.

And for future reference, even if the EM IX's were a launch release I would still be a fan. There's no boring part of the shoe.

You said its stupid to wear hoop shoes casually. Then dude asked what you wear off the court, and you said you only wear 2k4s and Kobe 8s :lol:
I think you didn't read his question right. But my comment is on you only wearing 2 models to hoop in is hilarious/totally insane!
I loved the og 2k4 for ball. I remember copping TBs and ballin every day in college after class. But I also had azg's on deck, lbj 2s and 3s that were just as great at the time. Its been so many years, that's so psychotic to wear the same shoe 22 times in 10 years :rofl:

Yeah, the elitist mentality is pretty ridiculous.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion and I respect that. Not bashing anyone at all, just giving my 2c. Agree or disagree that's up to you. I just think basketball shoes, specifically those designed for an elite athlete like Kobe himself should be worn for basketball. If the trend is to wear em casually, then go ahead. I won't lose sleep at night.

I don't see how my argument about price is childish? $300? Wow.

What kicks have I worn? Since 2004 there has only been 2 models, the 2k4 and the Kobe 8. I have rotated 22 pairs of 2k4s over the past 10 years
That same elite athlete wears them casually as well tho and I wont comment on the rest of your post 

The latest nike basketball tweet on the Xs said they have a free outsole, is that a true free sole or changed up for bball? Just wondering

The latest nike basketball tweet on the Xs said they have a free outsole, is that a true free sole or changed up for bball? Just wondering

Doesn't look like it from the pics but it sounds very interesting to say the least.

Doesn't look like it from the pics but it sounds very interesting to say the least.

I think the white part that is encapsulated by the clear outsole is what has free properties, based on that deconstructed pic from several pages back.

Really looking forward to see the performance reviews on these. Really like the traction and feel on my 9s and I hope these live up to the same standards.

With regards to the aesthetics, I can't say I'm really feeling them.

As of now not really a fan of these KB X's. The high tops Get the F*** outta here with them Grandma Knitting looking stockings. The lows are ok but not all hyped about grabbing a pair.

I like the All-Star colorway but not a shoe I absolutely need too get. But like always will be a decision come release week. The colorway of the KB X low all-star shoe kinda reminds me of

the KB VII Galaxy all-star colors when the all-star was in Houston. somewhat same colors but just not all Galaxy'd out.   

I think the white part that is encapsulated by the clear outsole is what has free properties, based on that deconstructed pic from several pages back.

That is interesting and that just makes the Tiger Woods shoes comparison even more valid as that has a free sole too.

I am curious if it will still be as flexible despite being encapsulated like that that though? It might also help being closer to the ground?

That was why I wasn't sure whether it was actually a total Free sole. If it's inside of a translucent sole, either that sole has to be extremely thin to allow the full Free capability - meaning it would wear out quick, or the translucent sole is thicker but limits the Free tech - meaning it's more of a gimmick than anything else.

I could be wrong and maybe they found a way to have free capabilities with a durable outsole, but I need to see these in person and in hand to fully gauge.

You said its stupid to wear hoop shoes casually. Then dude asked what you wear off the court, and you said you only wear 2k4s and Kobe 8s :lol:
I think you didn't read his question right. But my comment is on you only wearing 2 models to hoop in is hilarious/totally insane!
I loved the og 2k4 for ball. I remember copping TBs and ballin every day in college after class. But I also had azg's on deck, lbj 2s and 3s that were just as great at the time. Its been so many years, that's so psychotic to wear the same shoe 22 times in 10 years :rofl:
someone in 1985 said the same thing about Air Jordan 1s

Kobes easily for me. Really surprised so many like the Kyrie joints, can't say I'm a fan at all.
I too like the Kobe X the most at of all the ASG's but the price point of the Kyrie 1 is attractive to a lot of consumers considering the ASG series isn't to elaborate .

Some of the early pics shoe that the lunar midsole (which is caged up) had a bunch of flex points -- notice the square grooves in the midsole.  

My thought is that it's like an "internal free midsole" if you will.  Maybe this is what Nike is talking about?

nike-kobe-10-gets-dissected-copy.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom