Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

Love that they went back to a low top! Hated the 9s for being so high!

Anyways, follow me on twitter for a story of what happened to me today with this release and footlocker!

I believe the x line will start out with simple plain cws... then boom crazy cws will drop
id sales will be up then the crazy cws come along and ppl will turn.

I have wide feet. I went TTS with Kobe 9 and the fit was great. For the Kobe X, I went TTS but it felt a bit snug. Went half size up, felt almost perfect.

If you guy's go half size up, there's quite a bit of space at the front of the shoe. I'm sort of worried about that, I hope my foot doesn't slide and hit the front too much.

Great shoe though, planning on balling in them tomorrow. I walked around a bit in them and did some testing on a few hardwood floors. The traction is something else. **** felt like glue to the ground, felt amazing. Definitely a game changer.

Looking forward to the Orange CW. 

Same here. I guarantee if these would have ended up being limited people would have been saying how hot they are and I'm disappointed I missed out. SMH
Definitely some truth to this. With the MP being so limited, that got everyone on the KB9 hype train early. Lol.

that little black piece on the front side kills the whole everything else is perfect but that eye sore its crazy cus i was all in when the first pics of the shoe came out jus showin the medial side but that little black piece ****** it up

Ahhhhhh, I love taking my sweet time buying shoes I like. Thanks for staying away beasts. Nothing like picking them up at discount at your local FTL a few months down the road, too. #teamnohastydecisions  

I got the last size 10 at my House of Hoops at Crabtree Mall in Raleigh, and this was like 45 minutes after the mall opened. So I don't know how things are in you guys area but they definitely don't seem like they're just gonna sit on shelves like some of you think.

A few months down the road? They'll be looong gone.

Last edited:
Man i really like this shoe but I really can't understand why the price is so steeeep. Man $180 is very high. I have never purchased any Kobe shoes at all, but this color way is very sweet but I just can't convince myself to pay the price. I look at the material and I feel like Nike is duping everyone obviously because of the name under the shoe. One thing for sure that I did see was the genuine commitment that Kobe fans have for their star player. Little kids were swarming HOH Miami to cop their pair. I always rock Lebrons and Jordan's because I am not actually very active on the court as far as looking for comfort as I rock shoes just for casual wear, plus I'm not too much of a fan of low top shoes. But my observation of the people who were buying them was totally different from the over the top hype beasts that cop J's and Lebrons for some of the wrong reasons. No hating on any beasts or resellers but man Nike just smelled the opportunity in the air and they just capitalized. All in all the shoes are very nice and something different from all of the other Kobe's that did look alike from the other Kobe signature shoes.

Man i really like this shoe but I really can't understand why the price is so steeeep. Man $180 is very high. I have never purchased any Kobe shoes at all, but this color way is very sweet but I just can't convince myself to pay the price. I look at the material and I feel like Nike is duping everyone obviously because of the name under the shoe. One thing for sure that I did see was the genuine commitment that Kobe fans have for their star player. Little kids were swarming HOH Miami to cop their pair. I always rock Lebrons and Jordan's because I am not actually very active on the court as far as looking for comfort as I rock shoes just for casual wear, plus I'm not too much of a fan of low top shoes. But my observation of the people who were buying them was totally different from the over the top hype beasts that cop J's and Lebrons for some of the wrong reasons. No hating on any beasts or resellers but man Nike just smelled the opportunity in the air and they just capitalized. All in all the shoes are very nice and something different from all of the other Kobe's that did look alike from the other Kobe signature shoes.
Am I the only one who has noticed that just about everything is going up EXCEPT wages? Why is everyone trippin on price increases when it's been happening in this nation forever? Gas hasn't been $.99 since 2001, fast food dollar menus haven't been just a dollar for over 5 years, Walmart increases their prices on everything every year. The Kobe 1 launched at $129 in 2006. Just about every Nike shoe has increased its price over the years. You either pay for them, find a way to get them at a discounted price or, OR, don't get them. Complaining about the price won't make it go down. 

I tried this shoe on yesterday. Definitely getting the purple dranks at the end of the month & playing in them the next day. 

Last edited:
some photos...first time really uploading to NT.  IMO the comfort and fit is better than the 9's.  This color is nice and I will definitely be getting more....no asg tho. 

My observation as well.

Am I the only one who has noticed that just about everything is going up EXCEPT wages? Why is everyone trippin on price increases when it's been happening in this nation forever? Gas hasn't been $.99 since 2001, fast food dollar menus haven't been just a dollar for over 5 years, Walmart increases their prices on everything every year. The Kobe 1 launched at $129 in 2006. Just about every Nike shoe has increased its price over the years. You either pay for them, find a way to get them at a discounted price or, OR, don't get them. Complaining about the price won't make it go down. 

I tried this shoe on yesterday. Definitely getting the purple dranks at the end of the month & playing in them the next day. 
I didn't complain nor did I tell anyone not to get them. Yes everything goes up but mostly because of demand. Gas prices are going down and even McDonald's are lowering their prices due to the major decrease that they have in the stock market right now. I'm a Nike talker just like you and I barely pay retail for any shoes thanx to the coupon forum. The last lows were $159.99 and they just jumped tremendously to $180.00 my concern was just the increase in price but lower standard in material. So to say if the 5:00 am's were tagged limited then the resellers would have purchased them but not at alarming numbers because then the shoes would have been at a $250 price tag and we all know after eBay fees and gas and time spent to get them the trouble would not be worth the extra $30 made. So Nike increases prices and everyone is at a stand still. Take in consideration the entire Lebron 12 line and not to mention how the French blue Jordan 7's are sitting with the price tag of $190.00. Now Nike gets that extra $30 and shoes are becoming more obtainable due to high prices. Just food for thought. [emoji]128519[/emoji]

Back
Top Bottom